Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1jz - oil pressure sensors Sat, 19 March 2005 06:42 Go to next message
Am I right in saying that the 1jz has 2 sensors for the dash light? One for pressure and one for level?

If so, there should be one sensor on the sump. And I think the other one is on the passenger side just infront of the oil filter. Not to be confused with the two knock sensors(one being to the left of the filter but further up) Is this correct?

The reason I ask is that the oil light was on when the car was started and I firstly wanted to check that the sensors were plugged in properly.

thanks in advance
Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz - oil pressure sensors Sun, 20 March 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The knock sensors are over cyl's 2 and 5...the oil pressure switch is at cyl 1 (lower than the know sensors and closer to the front of the engine)...and there is a level switch in the sump Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz - oil pressure sensors Sun, 20 March 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate.

So if the sensor at cyl 1 and the one in the sump is connected and the light is on then there is actually a problem which needs to be looked at.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz - oil pressure sensors Sun, 20 March 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guessing so! Have you tried disconnecting the sensors and seeing if the light comes on, they short to ground when there is low oil / low oil pressure, if there isn't a wiring problem and they aren't connected the oil light shouldn't come on...if they are unplugged and the oil light does come on the wire is shorted to gnd somewhere before the sensor i suspect!.... (I'd get an oil pressure gauge and check to see that you have oil pressure before you go checking gauges!)

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz - oil pressure sensors Mon, 21 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous message
I have an been looking for an oil pressure guage and had one nearly installed a while back. (don't ask) The thing is the alternator is now on the right hand side and there is SFA room there to fit an electrical sender in. And I don't want a mechanical one as it will be mounted in the cabin.

I can't check the senders yet as I can't start the car. Soon.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Temperature senders
Next Topic:R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 23:48:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003770112991333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.