Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Question regarding engines and automatics

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
meow
Newcomer

March 2005
Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 03:38 Go to next message
Hey there, ive got a strange question as it may not be a performance related question, ive been driving my manual car for a while but in the time ive had it ive had so many offences both car related and other related that now im prevented from driving a manual car technically, in this state of qld i cant even go for the manual test examination and im restricted to automatics.

Ive been toyota engines for a long time, but im not sure if any of the 4age engines can be mated to an automatic? or any of the other turbo related cars be mated to an automatic unit? Since i cannot legally drive manuals anymore im looking for a good automatic conversion any suggestion?
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meow wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 14:38

Hey there, ive got a strange question as it may not be a performance related question, ive been driving my manual car for a while but in the time ive had it ive had so many offences both car related and other related that now im prevented from driving a manual car technically, in this state of qld i cant even go for the manual test examination and im restricted to automatics.

what the fuck did you do?

maybe if you can't help getting busted, you should consider not driving at all, esp any form of performance vehicle...

maybe just accept the fact they you should not be driving and buy a yearly buss pass?

Cya, Stewart
meow
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh thanks for the hospitality, still doesnt answer my question
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy an automiatic cressida with a 1jzgte in it, question how do you get banned from driving a manual, i thought you'd just lose your license full stop or are the laws different in QLD.
meow
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me see, i wanted an answer to a question and not for personal statements to be made against me? What the fuck is your problem dont pay out other people for what they may be restricted from performing,

Just provide an elucidation and nothing more, keep your annotations to urself, i could turn around and say that people from newtown are a bunch of wanks?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you having a go at me or oldcorollas i ment my comments with no mallicous intent, i didn't know you could be restricted to driving auto only unless you could only get an automatic p's for a year.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, but i can drive a manual Razz

YES A 4A can be mated to an auto. did you ever hear of an AE86 or a KE70 with an automatic? yes.

now how hard was that to find out yourself...

so how many XXX did you XXXX to lose your manual status? Evil or Very Mad

and i'm sure that there are many 'wanks' in Newtown. your point? at least they can drive manuals Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 04:27]

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 15:06

question how do you get banned from driving a manual, i thought you'd just lose your license full stop or are the laws different in QLD.

Same question,.. it seems a little strange,.. Smile

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how is the same question, in NSW you lose your license full stop, you don't get banned afterwards from ever attaining a manual license again.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 15:10

are you having a go at me or oldcorollas i ment my comments with no mallicous intent, i didn't know you could be restricted to driving auto only unless you could only get an automatic p's for a year.

no no, definitely me. i'm very scared of people who lose their licences due to
Quote:

ive had so many offences both car related and other related that now im prevented from driving a manual car technically

same as people i know who have lost their licence 4 or 5 times. i also reccommend that they buy bus passes, so don't feel special or anything Wink

{EDIT} now if you couldn't drive a manual due to some medical issue, thats a different story, but offence related? and you want ppl to cut you a break? when it's such an obvious question since MANY cars left the toyota factories with AUTO 4A's??

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 04:15]

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 15:12

how is the same question, in NSW you lose your license full stop, you don't get banned afterwards from ever attaining a manual license again.

No no,.. I was agreeing with you,.. sorry for the confusion,.. it was a ditto remark Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i see now just misread it, ie you wanted the answer to the same question
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,.. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a name like meow i new there'd be a cat fight Razz
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im curious, the only reason i could see you getting banned from driving a manual is if it was that you were more likely to have an accident in one and therefore a public danger or for medical and safety reasons they have decided to restrict your licence that way. So did you crash your previous car/s and injure your leg?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Thu, 17 March 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meow wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 14:07

Just provide an elucidation and nothing more, keep your annotations to urself, i could turn around and say that people from newtown are a bunch of wanks?

This is a public discussion forum, not your personal free advice service. People may choose to help you or discuss other matters at their own discretion. Given this attitude I don't feel inclined to do the former.

Welcome to the internet. Rolling Eyes
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Sat, 19 March 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

just out of interest does it really matter what transmission the car is? an offence is an offence... banned from driving manuals but can still drive autos, that is wack Rolling Eyes

anyway there are heaps of auto engines, you would be better off using engines that can auto from factory cos its all there and ready to go, some are turbo so do a search and see whats avaliable.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Sun, 20 March 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm from Queensland, I have never heard of being banned from driving a manual car, unless he has a medical condition or has an auto licence. In all seriousness why would they ban some one from driving a manual over driving offences and let them still drive an auto? An automatic can be built to go just as fast a manual. I'd suggest asking Queensland Transport over the matter.

and yes there was heaps of 4A's with auto. Just be perpared that the car won't be as fast and will have a slightly worse fuel ecconomy. I'd take it you just wan't to drive around normally after this conversion? If not go for a 6 cylinder auto
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Question regarding engines and automatics Sun, 20 March 2005 13:29 Go to previous message
Im from Qld and I know there are plenty of auto buses. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70 thermo fan install
Next Topic:CALLING ALL GOLD COASTERS AND BRISBANITES
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 02:40:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062339305877686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.