Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  3T crank in a 2TG Sun, 01 December 2002 12:34 Go to next message
What is involved in stroking a 2TG? is it just a case of bolting in the 3T crank or is there more work to be done? i have done a search but couldnt find any info on this! Please help!
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Mon, 02 December 2002 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's lots of info out there, search harder! 3T/2T-G hybrids are pretty common. You can put a 3T crank in a 2T block, but some say it's easier to put a 2T-G head on a 3T block. The end result is the same though.

Note that early 2T blocks require some machining to accomodate the bigger 3T crank, but the later ones (ie 2T-GEU) have the same block as the 3T so no modifications are required.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Mon, 02 December 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im looking at getting a TA22 with a 2TGEU init, and it also comes with a 3T crank but the owner cant tell me what needs to be done to put it in, so is there any machining to be done?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Mon, 02 December 2002 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, no machining is required.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Tue, 03 December 2002 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a 2tg block with 3tg crank and pistons , and we had to grind the inside walls of the block in 8 places to allow the crank to turn without hitting the sides.
JUZZO
TurboCelica
Regular

August 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Tue, 03 December 2002 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it be easyer to put the head on a 3t-c block? oil drain hole etc all the same?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Tue, 03 December 2002 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, all oil and water galleries are the same - the head just bolts up. It's not quite as simple as that though, there are other things you have to do to make it work (timing gear, idler shaft etc). I won't go into the details here, it's been covered several times before so do a search.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Thu, 05 December 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can sell you a complete and running 3TC.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Thu, 05 December 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie: ive done a full search of this site and couldnt find any info on the swap Sad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Thu, 05 December 2002 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.google.com Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2002 12:04]

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Thu, 05 December 2002 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanman wrote on Thu, 05 December 2002 22:50

I can sell you a complete and running 3TC.

How much do you want for the 3TC? im in newcastle aswell!
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Fri, 06 December 2002 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine can be heard running and driven. $200 for the whole engine minus the alternator. Is that your black TA22 that I have seen at BI-LO?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 December 2002 03:49]

Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Fri, 06 December 2002 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanman: if thats the Bi-lo in medowie you mean its my celica Razz Flypsi is a mate of mine hes now seen the light of toyota and got the TA22 now

what sort of condition is that 3Tc in ?
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Fri, 06 December 2002 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just brought a tiger mica TA22! Smile and by the way alainve ive been driving a toyota for a while now! tanman: im the guy that was talkin to you about my ET pulsar. and you may have seen my brown AE71 rolla at bilo.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Fri, 06 December 2002 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3TC engine runs fine and blows no smoke at all.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T crank in a 2TG Mon, 09 December 2002 07:26 Go to previous message
if you want the engine $100 firm (minus alternator) and I will help you remove it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18RGU takeaway the U
Next Topic:7m-ge compression ratio
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 05:17:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041019916534424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.