Classifieds » Parts Wanted » t50 engine to bellhousing support brackets

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jakefrancis
Newcomer

March 2005
t50 engine to bellhousing support brackets Wed, 23 March 2005 02:19 Go to next message
In putting a t50 (starter on driver side) 4age 20v combo in a clubman. I am after the support brackets that mate the lower half of the bellhousing to the engine block. If i am unable to locate these is it a wise decision to modify the the single bracket that came with my 20v and bellhousing (basically tap a few 10mm holes) or does it weaken the bellhousing too much? I am pretty sure the aus sprinter version of these brackets will work with the 4age?
  Send a private message to this user    
emmac
Regular

March 2004
Re: t50 engine to bellhousing support brackets Wed, 23 March 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'Day Jake
The braces from a sprinter or 16v block won't fit on too a 20v block as it is machined differently in that area. You just make up braces that bolt on to the original mounting points.That's how I did our clubman. IIRC I didn't consider it to be a good move to use the 20v brace [can't remember why]Will check if you need to know.
Are you building a lhd clubman Confused Just wondering why your starter is on the drivers side.
Emmac.
jakefrancis
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: t50 engine to bellhousing support brackets Wed, 23 March 2005 21:25 Go to previous message
sorry don't know my left from my right.... i meant the clutch cylinder is on the driver's side, starter is on the passenger's
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 sump (factory hole) suited for turbo oil return
Next Topic:Hilux Centre
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 04:58:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15561580657959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.