Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 12:54 Go to next message
I have a dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing (unfortunately...) Rolling Eyes

The bellhousing can be set up to have the slave on either the divers or passenger side, I wish the slave to be on the passenger side. Currently the slave is on the drivers side...my question is will removing the alloy from the other side (such that the slave can be mounted on either side) weaken the bellhousing too much (i suspect it would be fine)...also if someone has a pic of a dellow bellhousing with the slave on the passenger side I would appreciate it (or even better the measurement for the location of the hole for the pivot point, in the case that it isn't directly mirrored).

http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4150414/Random/Dellow%20JZ%20Bellhousing/tn_DSC01058.JPG

The next question is can somebody identify this slave cylinder (an email is also heading dellows way as I suspect it was part of the dellow kit), and is there one that will suit the relocation of the slave to the passenger side. Does anyone know what slave dellow supply to mount the fork on the passenger side (and is the cylinder sizing sutiable to be used with the stock ma61 clutch master?)? I'm guessing the easiest thing to do is mount a toyota one on the passenger side...

http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4150414/Random/Dellow%20JZ%20Bellhousing/tn_DSC01062.JPG
http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4150414/Random/Dellow%20JZ%20Bellhousing/tn_DSC01063.JPG

And one last thing Wink

I found the clutch fork to look a little strange....the marks on it seem to be consistent with one thing...putting the throwout bearing in the wrong way! Gee must have been noisy! ps it wasn't me, it came to me this way. (also anyone got dellows part number for this?,and *shudder* a cost...)

http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4150414/Random/Dellow%20JZ%20Bellhousing/tn_DSC01065.JPG

Cheeers
Wilbo
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wilbo, I'll take some pics of mine - the pivot is on the passenger side. The pivot ball location is mirrored exactly on that pad you have circled.

I used a Corona Mk2 slave cylinder on my Dellow bellhousing, but seeing it is blank you could drill and tap whatever holes you wanted to suit whatever slave cylinder you wanted (eg MA61).

Here is the Dellows pricelist....please note the date October 2001.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/JZX23/Dellows%20pricelist.jpg

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolly good, I'll attempt to get the fork welded and grind it down, however being cast I'm not sure how well that will work, wait and see on that one I'm afraid. Confused

Also of note, the throwout bearing appears to have the same dimensions as a stock 7mge one...although having a different outer casing (makes sense when you recall that 7mge's and 2jzge's share the same clutch...).

I think I recall seeing that price list floating around before as well...!

I look forward to the pics, thanks dave.

Cheers
Wilbo
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/JZX23/Dellow%20JZ%20bellhousing%20002.jpg
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slave cylender looks to be the same as early model hilux (76-80) with the 4 speed box(dont know model codes) hope thats some help
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Wed, 23 March 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't be too pedantic about the position of the pivot ball hole. The way the fork is designed will allow for a bit of error as the fork can rotate on the pivot ball and the fork doesnt actually "lock" onto the throwout bearing holder.

With regards to your slave cylinder that is absolutely identical to mine which is mounted on the passenger side. It is kinda universal it can go with bolt holes at top (passenger side) or bolts down (drivers side) just depends on where you drill the bolt holes on the bellhousing.

And yeah the fork looks like either the throw out bearing was stuffed or on the wrong way resulting in the complete assembly rotating on the input shaft and against the fork. The noise would have been horrible when engaging the clutch Shocked and i suspect the input shaft wouldnt look that good either Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from memory the pressed steel toyota throw out fork works/can be modifyed to work
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dave Smile I think the rest of the story will unfold along the following lines..."bellhosuing meet grinder, grinder meet bellhousing :D".

As for the slave, I'll look at mounting a toyota one (most 80's onwards ones are the same Smile) (ta for the help Smile)

Cheers
Wilbo

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 11:52

....(most 80's onwards ones are the same Smile)

There are some famous last words if ever I heard any. Laughing
I'd drill and tap for an MA61 slave (you can buy them new from Repco for about $35). I suspect the throw out fork is likely to be a Hilux one. I modified my pivot ball to take the pressed steel fork but it really wasn't ideal. I'll be getting another made so that I can run the 2JZGE-W58 fork.

Need pics of conversion now.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 11:59

wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 11:52

....(most 80's onwards ones are the same Smile)

There are some famous last words if ever I heard any. Laughing
I'd drill and tap for an MA61 slave (you can buy them new from Repco for about $35). I suspect the throw out fork is likely to be a Hilux one. I modified my pivot ball to take the pressed steel fork but it really wasn't ideal. I'll be getting another made so that I can run the 2JZGE-W58 fork.

Need pics of conversion now.

Haha, I swear most 82 onwards ones are the same! SA63, MA61, MA70's (NA)...(I even recall a 90's hilux having the same!) I have a spare MA61/MA70 one that I will be using as my template tho lol. I have noteriuosly shite luck.

If things go pearshaped I'll look at using a toyota pressed fork and making a new pivot, but I'd rather be lazy if I can! Its an option tho.

Conversion hasn't really got underway yet, in a few months I might have pictures worth showing, but pretty well zip atm...

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
Wilbo
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZA80 and MA61 seem to be identical (externally at least).

The 2jzge fork can be purchased directly from toyota.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Thu, 24 March 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yet another dellhousing... It's much better if you can get the factory JZ>W parts, but hey!

The dellhousing clutch fork holes always look like they were made with the end of a hammer anyway, so I guess there's no need to start being too fussy!

That clutch ford looks horrible though... Traditional dellows there.

One seriously quality casting!!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Fri, 25 March 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 01:19

Yet another dellhousing... It's much better if you can get the factory JZ>W parts, but hey!

The dellhousing clutch fork holes always look like they were made with the end of a hammer anyway, so I guess there's no need to start being too fussy!

That clutch ford looks horrible though... Traditional dellows there.

One seriously quality casting!!

I'm about excited as death at having a dellow bellhousing, I sure as hell didn't go out of my way to get it. (came with engine/gearbox, clutch etc)

I'd love to flog it off and get a 2jz-ge one, but the fact is the dellow one will do the job, albeit look like shite while doing it...maybe one day a 2jz-ge one will fall into my lap Smile

I agreed that it looks like a small child with a hammer made the clutch fork hole on the other side Confused Nice stuff....

As for the clutch fork itself, I think someone made a good boo boo once!

Cheers
Wilbo

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Fri, 25 March 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll be fine.

That said, seeing as you plan on running a 2JZGE clutch, I would go to the trouble of ordering a JZA80 2JZGE-W58 clutch fork (and pivot ball if it's available) and fitting that to the bellhousing. It will save you aa tonne of grief.

The Daikin clutch kits come with the thrust bearing on it own carrier and the holding clip. Having it setup to take generic parts right from the start is the possible outcome.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dellow JZ -> W5X Alloy bellhousing Fri, 25 March 2005 03:06 Go to previous message
I have an OS giken twin plate and flywheel to go behind the engine Rolling Eyes

I see where you are coming from, with using the JZA80 clutch fork, although the throwout bearing that came with the dellow crap appears to share the same dimensions to a 7mge one anyway, so I suspect it is quite generic already...would be a good idea if I can convince someone to sawp me for a 2jz-ge bellhousing one day later tho!

I'll price the JZA80 clutch fork... Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST162 Front Bar
Next Topic:Sump pressure problems....urgent help please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 07:48:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064640045166016 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar