Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gene
Occasional Poster

May 2002

fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Sun, 01 December 2002 05:34 Go to next message
i just got a K&N pod filter, the 'hole' is 3" i believe!

Anyway, i'm just wondering if anyone has fitted an aftermarket pod filter to a 2t-geu? One of my mates suggested getting a custom plate built to fit the air filter on, then some custom piping so that the fiter can be mounted under the right wheel guard. What do you guys think of this? Any other suggestions?

thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Sun, 01 December 2002 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as the airflow meter isn't in the way, sounds good. I tried to fit one to mine but I had trouble finding a adapter plate for the AFM.. !!
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Mon, 02 December 2002 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought my adapter plate for $30 from a performance store here in adelaide, but it would be easy to get made up. I had the AFM almost straight off the manifold, then piping straight down, took my oil drip tray out and had my pod filter sticking out under the car. it looked cool (i could see it from the front), and a good place for it apart from the resistance from all the piping.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Mon, 02 December 2002 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought my filter form UNI FILTER an d it comes with a full aluminium adaptor plate and mounting equipment, its really good.
JUZZO
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Mon, 02 December 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I have a great filter and piping set-up.... actually, hang on a minute, it's your set-up isn't it Rob ?! hehe
nah it depends on what kinda computer you are running aswell. Rob had the standard computer so had to have the AFM in the line somewhere, where as I am running after market computer not requiring AFM so I have the elbow piping straight off the throttle body and into the filter, bends down underneath the radiator like Rob said he had it too.
it's only a cheapy filter, not one of these UNI Filters or anything... but works well.

Brendon
gene
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: fitting a pod filter to a 2tgeu Mon, 02 December 2002 13:46 Go to previous message
great guys, thanks for the replies.

Seems like the way to go would have probably been a complete kit from uni filter... but i've already got my k&n. Wink.

i guess the next best thing is a custom plate which shouldn't be too troublesome.

thanks again... Smile.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1J into an ST141 Corona
Next Topic:18RGeu coil in 18Rc? vice versa.. HELP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 06:06:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0033578872680664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.