Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:02 Go to next message
Hi guys,
Im about to purchase 2 Sparco Ultra bucket seats, only problem is they are NOT Adr approved from what i can tell, but they are FIA approved. What i want to know is, if i get these seats installed and get an engineer to check them and sign them off as legal does that mean it doesnt matter if they are ADR approved or not? Ive been told this is ok.... i really want to make sure before i spend the dollars.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your car has ADR's for the seats, then technically you can't ever get them certified...

you can't maek your car NOT comply with ADR's....

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry? can you explain in moron terms hah....

my car is an imported jap supercharged aw11 mr2... 15 year old import. Your saying if my current car seats met adrs then i cannot replace them with new ones that dont even if they are engineered?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just because a dicey engineer signs off on your sub-standard seats, doesn't mean courts/RTA will see them as legal.

afaik, unless they are ADR approved (and you cannot "get" a seat ADR approved - either they are or they arent) they're not legal to have in the car.
And insuance companies can most likely wriggle out of paying personal injury claims if you get hurt while sitting in the seat.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried searching on the nsw rta site with no luck. I wanted to get some concrete information. Confused
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does not matter if the seats are approved by God himself or the FIA, if they are not ADR'd you are/will be screwed especially in an accident.
The only ADR approved seats for your car are the original AW11 ones, imported into Australia. Find and fit them.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car doesnt have a compliance plate, it was never complied in australia because it was never sold in australia...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask an engineer if you need advice spanktown.

Toymods isnt allways the best place to ask for advice.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is at 12am.... Surprised
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 00:17

ask an engineer if you need advice spanktown.

As said above, Engineers are not the people to talk to about this kind of thing.
Talk the RTA!
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 00:23

my car doesnt have a compliance plate, it was never complied in australia because it was never sold in australia...

It was imported but never complianced? What?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you actually fit in those seats??
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Wed, 23 March 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparco ultra seats should soon be adr - however getting the paperwork for a pair of seats purchased second hand should be interesting.

seat fitment would still have to be engineered to be fully legal anyway

fyi sparco seats which are adr: speed, sprint, fighter2, pro2000

T
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just rang the RTA technical division. I was told that SEATS are not adr approved its the mounts that are adr is for. The guy said that if i put the non adr seat in my car and get a engineer to approve the mounts and say that its safe, its perfectly legal. He kept saying that ADRs only apply the rails and mounting. IE if you use the manufacturers mounts that are adr approved then you dont need to get it engineered unless you modify the mounts in anyway.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ed, yeah i 'fit' but its very snug. But your heaps taller than me tho! you wouldnt even fit in an mr2. That velo seat was pretty damn nice!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 09:52

I just rang the RTA technical division. I was told that SEATS are not adr approved its the mounts that are adr is for. The guy said that if i put the non adr seat in my car and get a engineer to approve the mounts and say that its safe, its perfectly legal. He kept saying that ADRs only apply the rails and mounting. IE if you use the manufacturers mounts that are adr approved then you dont need to get it engineered unless you modify the mounts in anyway.

Good, now get it in writing!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwiw: when i put SAAS (reclinable) seats into the RA40, the ADR notice on the seats said they were only compliant if you used their (hideously overpriced) adaptor plate (nothing more than a steel plate with holes) to line up with mount points on the underside of the seat.

you still had to drill holes in the plates to join them to your rails (or the also hideously overpriced SAAS rails). I ended up using some rails out of an old corona wagon.

note: car was engineered/roadworthy insepcted in Qld.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just spoke to revolution racegear and an engineer. Bottom line is what year your car is and what ADR applies to the year your car was made. ADR3a applied to my car, which was to do with seat mounts and load in a seat. The sparco ultra has FIA approval so therefore meets and exceeds the adr3a and so the engineer would be happy to certify it. Problem solved Cool
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Thu, 24 March 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these wouldnt happen to be the same seats that were located in hornsby and goin for $750???

if so.... DAMN YOU!!!!!! Crying or Very Sad
ohwell.... some ppl have all the luck.

Cheers Will.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Fri, 25 March 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they might be? Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ADR Approval - Bucket Seat Sat, 26 March 2005 00:39 Go to previous message
the issue really is,
where do you find the little adr stickers lol

just kidding (consider this a freebump)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply