Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts (GZ20 conv)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

"Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts (GZ20 conv) Sat, 26 March 2005 04:44 Go to next message
Alright, i just got home from popping a 1JZ w R154 into a GZ20 Soarer, and it fits quite well. The engine mounts all line up, and the gearbox mount lines up. The only problem is that the engine mounts are too "tall" or "thick" and so the mounts sit quite high up on the crossmember (like at the top).
Does anyone know of another mount which would drop this down, i would guess it would need to be 10-15mm shorter to sit properly in the cradle.

Would Noltec make one which is setup like this?

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 04:46]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts Sat, 26 March 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metal custom mounts!

heh itll be noisy...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts Sat, 26 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the Mackays Automotive rubber manual. Towards the front there are a pile of rubber mounted cushions. Select one that is 10-15mm thinner than the big rubber balls.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts (GZ20 conv) Sat, 26 March 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most auto parts places should have one i guess, because last time i went to the local one they were pretty useless.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts (GZ20 conv) Sat, 26 March 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with garth

get a slab of steel and weld a stud on eithger side Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: "Shorter" 1JZ engine mounts (GZ20 conv) Sun, 27 March 2005 14:48 Go to previous message
whod a thunk a GZ20 X member would fit a 1JZ Very Happy

sorry cant really contain my excitement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz powered s13
Next Topic:boss kits for z20 soarers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 07:59:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.089335918426514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.