Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How to tell if radiator is triple or double core

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
flynn21atwork
Regular

November 2003
How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 01 April 2005 04:59 Go to next message
Hi guys,
I have a radiator for my RA23 1GGTE, just wondering, if I look in the top of the radiator with the cap off and see two rows of slits that the water runs through that run vertical, would that make it a double core radiator???
Is the core number refering as to how many rows of pockets that the water runs through or the solid parts seperated by the pockets. I hope this makes sense. And thanks for the help.
Common sense tells me its a double core, but I just want to be sure before sourcing something else.
  Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 01 April 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flynn21atwork wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 14:59

Hi guys,
I have a radiator for my RA23 1GGTE, just wondering, if I look in the top of the radiator with the cap off and see two rows of slits that the water runs through that run vertical, would that make it a double core radiator???
Is the core number refering as to how many rows of pockets that the water runs through or the solid parts seperated by the pockets. I hope this makes sense. And thanks for the help.
Common sense tells me its a double core, but I just want to be sure before sourcing something else.

Yes,.. when you see 2 rows of pipes, it is a double core

When you see 3,. it's a triple core,.

Cheers
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 01 April 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your first assumption is correct.
It is infact a double core.

1 row = single core
2 row = duo core
3 row = triple core
4 row = quadruple core
5 row = headache
flynn21atwork
Regular

November 2003
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 01 April 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, thats just what I needed to hear. Once again common sense prevails. Very Happy
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Tue, 05 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you have to move the mounts on your radiator to get it to fit ?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Wed, 06 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you triple core your radiator, you do not have to move the mounts to make it fit.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Wed, 06 April 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i mounted my motor to far forward Embarassed
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Wed, 06 April 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's a 1g into an ra23, you shouldn't have mounted it forward even if you used the standard mounts on the crossmember.

Make sure you have used the forward position mounts on the engine..

I do suppose you've taken the clutch fan off, yes?
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Wed, 06 April 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep but it keeps fouling on the ac compressor even though i got the radiator moved 20mm forward as described ? how do i post a pic or
do i have to host it ?

BTW Thermostats on the 1G are dual stage I found out

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 05:33]

badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Thu, 07 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forward position mounts ? i only need like 20 mm /me cries like a baby
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Thu, 07 April 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
badboybubby wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 06:42

did you have to move the mounts on your radiator to get it to fit ?

Good question, well asked. A three core radiator will not "move" the core, postion wise at all - you'll be fine asking for a 3 core radiator body, with the standard end tanks -they have emough space to acccommodate the new core.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can i legaly remove or modify the radiator support crossmember Shocked
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you've still got the ac compressor on? that's probably part of your problem.

You probably can't legally remove the raidator support panel.

You must be using the front engine mount mounting position to get the most benefit. how much space do you have between the engine and fire wall?
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got about 1-1half inches gap between the firewall and the back of the motor but i really dont want to remount it again Crying or Very Sad i wat thinking a bit of 5 mil angle as a replacement ? Very Happy stupid radiator
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shite.. 1.5 inches. I'd have about say, 1cm. But I have heaps between the radiator in standard position, and I have about atleast an inch or more between the front of the harmonic balancer and the radiator.

But I don't have the ac compressor on.

Why do you have an ac compressor on an ra23?
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was hoping to hook up the RA23's air Embarassed but I think ill still foul on the crank pully ffffffffs Evil or Very Mad
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: How to tell if radiator is triple or double core Fri, 08 April 2005 12:16 Go to previous message
Does anyone have pics of their mounts for the 1g so i can see where i fuked up Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 12:18]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE TPS(GEN 3) How to fit and adjust??
Next Topic:w5X shifter positions. interchangable???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 12:50:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05513596534729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.