Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 03:18 Go to next message

just letting u all know that toyospares on burwood rd is a really good place for getting ur toyota work done.

im getting my c52 (ae82 twincam) gearbox replaced, and including labour for 400$, there gona tow my car from my house for 70$, and if i need a new clutch they are gona fit it for free as long as i pay for the parts. they are also gona fix my front engine mount for no charge. they have a 90 day warrantee on there gearboxes that include teh synchros (big common problem in these box's).

i was very pleased with everything about them so i thought id let u all know.

cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd second that. They are good.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well two years or so ago I ordered two MA70 front hub assembelys no discs or rotors but MUST be ABS ones

I recived one ?Z20 series soarer front upright and one MA70 one, both had shaged barings and the ABS sensors had been removed.

Rang them back and matt was very uninterested in picking them up and as I was working 6 days a week and nowhere near bayswater I let it be.

managed to make a good pair out of those two and the two I off the car but still I was not very impressed

thats my experance anyway
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? Matt usually seems interested
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYOSPARES is at 27 edelmaier st bayswater (03)9720 3177
but thanks for the support anyway.

and allan I can not recall what happened years ago but if i had given you the wrong part i would always be happy to sort it out but i may need to see what the problem is to do this and if you cant bring the parts and sample to me i may struggle to guess.

anyway i am glad you worked it out and i am sorry if i caused you stress.

MATT.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FASTFOO wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 22:24

TOYOSPARES is at 27 edelmaier st bayswater (03)9720 3177
but thanks for the support anyway.

and allan I can not recall what happened years ago but if i had given you the wrong part i would always be happy to sort it out but i may need to see what the problem is to do this and if you cant bring the parts and sample to me i may struggle to guess.

anyway i am glad you worked it out and i am sorry if i caused you stress.

MATT.

Well the 7m-gte you sold me back in 1999 was sweet, but you never did pick up the old m-eu for some reason Smile
http://img92.exs.cx/img92/705/inside-m.jpg

i must say your defintly one of the better toyota parts places i have had worse...way way worse experances with one in epping who suggested that the coolent lines being removed from the throttle body caused the front pump in an auto transmission to fail!

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha I may have got it picked up but I dont have a boat and did not need an anchor Razz
if its in your way I can still get it if you want.
as far as epping I think i know exactly who your talking about
I once bought a "reco 3SGE that had been just run in" that was missing valve shims Rolling Eyes

regards
MATT.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope that old M-EU has sence been recycled/melted down and turned into a compleate KIA from just one old M engine!

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best thing for it even if becoming a kia is a bit harsh
MATT.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 30 March 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would no doubt be an unbelievably smooth, quiet Kia...
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah MATT, u did an engine swap on my mates st165 GT4, and he was very impressed with it, as well as the price u did it for. since then weve both recomended ur workshop to varius people.

ive got my white ae82 twincam in there this week for a new gearbox. i called trevor this morning and asked if he had organised my car to be picked up yet, he told me he hadnt got round to it but would as soon as he could.

2 hours later i look out my window and the car was already gone. so unless it was stolen by a 3rd party, that seems like good customer service to me.

(by the way, the i was talking to the mechanic bloke who ownes the corolla GT that sits out in ur carpark, and convinced him to pop the hood. all i can say is WOW!!!)

jarrod.

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep great place for Toyota spares when its hard to find things. They fixed me up with a front quater panel for my soarer when I had a bingle. They responded quickly to my e-mail and gave be an incredibly good price. Also got me out of a jam to get the car on the road quickly as no-one could match their price or availability. Thanks guys..

PS Do you guys have any driver side window/mirror controller. My unit keeps playing up??
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh. What a wise place for Matt to hang out.. Didn't think he was here though.

Never the less, we weren't flaggin out on Toyrolla were we?
Heh. "Yes, we'll give it to you with a 1g starter motor."

I still can't figure out what darn starter motor it's supposed to be.

However, that said, when they give you a good deal and the stuff you get is infact good, you have got a decent deal. When that actually happens.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep great place for Toyota spares when its hard to find things. They fixed me up with a front quater panel for my soarer when I had a bingle. They responded quickly to my e-mail and gave be an incredibly good price. Also got me out of a jam to get the car on the road quickly as no-one could match their price or availability. Thanks guys..

PS Do you guys have any driver side window/mirror controller. My unit keeps playing up??
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did manage to buy a ct26 of Matt a while ago and for the princly sum of $295, when i had it rebuilt highflowed i found that it was in really good condition, i just wished i lived closer and didnt have to deal with the idiots in epping, but thankfully keilor there is also a good place there
Blah_00
Regular

December 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Tue, 05 April 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He he he...wait...I don't really understand...? Toyospares is in...bayswater...? Then what is the first post talking about Burwood Rd...? Do they do just like...car stuff...tune ups and regular services and all...? Hmm...if they do I might start going to them...I was actually wondering if there was a Toyota specific mechanic that I could go to...but yeah...thanks...Smiley =
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Wed, 06 April 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys i just thought id let u all know how it went.

not only was the car picked up less than 2 hours after a phone call, by 4pm that afternoon i recieved a call saying it was all good to go!!

that was a machined flywheel, complete gearbox swap, and daiken clutch kit installed in about 6 hours! i dunno about u guys, but ive ordered takeaway that took longer.

so yeah i had all that including the tow from warrandyte to burwood taken care of for 650$. the gearbox is good for a 20yr old box, it crunches into reverse as every c52 box does, abut the other gears are good. clutch is nice, not to heavy.

make up ur own minds, but i know where im going next time i need a mechanic.

cheers.
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Thu, 07 April 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee shucks Embarassed I don't know what to say so many kind word my head will swell so big I may not fit in the roller door when I get to work tomorrow Razz

Heh. What a wise place for Matt to hang out.. Didn't think he was here though.

I have only been here for about 3 weeks but yes what a great forum.
I Want to sponsor toymods and have offed but that decision will be made by others.

He he he...wait...I don't really understand...? Toyospares is in...bayswater...? Then what is the first post talking about Burwood Rd...? Do they do just like...car stuff...tune ups and regular services and all...? Hmm...if they do I might start going to them...I was actually wondering if there was a Toyota specific mechanic that I could go to...but yeah...thanks...

We are in Bayswater see 4th post
All we do is Toyota and the staff are all Toyota nuts.
We import,wreck,fix,service and convert all Toyota's (not Landcrushers).
We sometimes get court with the odd Holden,Ford,Nissan,Mazda but only because we are fitting a Toyota motor to it Twisted Evil

I Will check and PM you.

Thanks to all so much
MATT.
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Thu, 07 April 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was after a by-pass pipe for my 4AGE and I phoned up every mechanic in QLD and they said don't have it or we only say it with the complete engine so i bought a parts trader and I say that add, phoned them up and they were talking to me as they were looking in the engine bay and he sent it up to me overnight. Excellent Service Cool

Cheers
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about someone who can tune my twin solex carbie in melbourne???????
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Mammi motors (ph- not off hand try white pages Rolling Eyes )
speak to Gerald

MATT.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mammi Motors,

(03) 5977 7973

Jezza
Laurie D
Regular

March 2003
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the risk of making heads even larger, I'd recommend Toyospares as the best in Melbourne for used Toyota parts. They've been of great assistance.

Laurie D
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im shure we should not forget one of the long time forum sponsors

http://ads.s67.net/adimage.php?filename=cvap.gif&contenttype=gif

Andrew is a great bloke - no bullshit, has lots of good stuff.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 April 2005 13:54]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 09 April 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now if only i could find a set of st205 rear calipers !

you boys dont still have that st205 do you ? * rubs hands together !*
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sun, 10 April 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 23:53

im shure we should not forget one of the long time forum sponsors

http://ads.s67.net/adimage.php?filename=cvap.gif&contenttype=gif

Andrew is a great bloke - no bullshit, has lots of good stuff.

I Will second that
I have been to japan and shared containers with Andrew as well as had my ass kicked rallying against him (man you want to see a good driver Cool )and would have to say he is the most honest and "NO BULLSHIT" importer in the country.
As a sponsor of this forum you should call him first.
CENTRAL VIC AUTO PARTS supports YOU you should support them.

MATT.

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sun, 10 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 09:00

now if only i could find a set of st205 rear calipers !

you boys dont still have that st205 do you ? * rubs hands together !*

Yes I do still have the ST205 want to buy it $23,000.00 with reg Smile
and I might be able to find ST205 calipers I will PM you if I can.
MATT.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Mon, 11 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whee ! see what you can do Smile
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 14 May 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[B]I HAVE GOT THEM!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ST205 grpA brakes full set
discs calipers hubs front and rear
these are the BIGGEST brakes ever on a celica and very rare (the only set we have had in 15 years)
if you want them call me b/h (03) 9720-3177
MATT.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 14 May 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THESE REAR CALIPERS ARE MINE!!!

anyone buys em from under me ill be quite upset !

matt - expect a call monday around midday , hopefully your price is attractive VS having to buy them new

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 05:13]

Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sat, 14 May 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooooohhh...might have to call in to get my 1jz serviced and checked over.
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Sun, 15 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys im after the copper head gaskets gor 18RG

anyone know where in melbourne they are hiding this kind of things

i rang up toyotas but they dont have it anymore

something to do with obsolete models........... Very Happy

yeah so any help with gaskets would be appreciated
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Mon, 16 May 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.ridgecrest.com.au/
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Mon, 16 May 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any locals??????
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: toyospares in melb, recomended for all ur toyota needs! Fri, 20 May 2005 15:09 Go to previous message
gaskets for 18RG in melbourne???

copper gasket????

price???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Two piece wheels, help me
Next Topic:brake shoes, wich way?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 05:40:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.042943000793457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar