Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Missed out on buying something??? Got angry?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Wed, 06 April 2005 06:59 Go to next message
Hey everyone
Interested to see how many ppl have actually got angry or frustrated when they have seen something for sale and would have done ANYTHING to get them.. Once u found out u've missed it, how did u vent ur anger...

The first car i was lookin at was a Mint white st162 sx 1988, with nice as sidekirts, painted extremities, and white lightning rims, it also had a short shifter. It was sellin for $4.7k, It took too long to get the racv ppl down and as a result i lost buying the car... I was tempted to buy it without racv but yeah it was first car and I like their work.
I WAS soooo frustrated

But i'm even happier with the car, the one i got was cheaper and more options Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Wed, 06 April 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The trick is after buying a car, DO NOT look in the tradingpost after buying the car, because there is always something better, a mate bought a stock r32 gtst for 15k and the next week he looked in the tradingpost out of interests sake and saw, one 15k same colour but a heap more modofications worth 10k, all i can say is he nearly cried Laughing.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Wed, 06 April 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know of a guy who saw a car, liked it, put a deposit on it, sold his car over the next 3 days, then went to pick up the car a few days later, only to be told that she decided that she wanted to keep it, and gave him his deposit back.

So he was left without a car...

Yeah, he was pissed, for a bit, but found a better car, for a cheaper price a few weeks later.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate looked at an imacc ta22, put a deposit on it, went to pic it up next day, someone offered the chic more money so she gave him his deposit back. the new owner frequents these forums. Mad Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waiting sucks Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wise words my dad once told me....

"doesnt matter how rare it is, there will ALWAYS be another car"

lucky i wasnt looking for an 1885 daimler benz aye Laughing

be patient the right car will come in time.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 18:12

I know of a guy who saw a car, liked it, put a deposit on it, sold his car over the next 3 days, then went to pick up the car a few days later, only to be told that she decided that she wanted to keep it, and gave him his deposit back.

Yeah, he was pissed, for a bit, but found a better car, for a cheaper price a few weeks later.

Exact same thing happened to me, after I had been looking at mr2's for about 6 months. After hearing the news and hanging up the phone heavy hearted (and less my previous car that I also loved), I decided to call the little sob up. While being cool, calm and collected I began to question the legalities of taking a deposit and withdrawing a sale. The story ends with me driving around my much loved mr2 to this day.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noice1 Davedave Cool

Edit:

Oh yeah - I tried for about a year to get different rims I liked for teh SillyCar, and yes: I got angry! (and sold the SillyCar)

Plenty of parts for my Skyline - they're everywhere in Japan! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 02:39]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 11:57

CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 18:12

Exact same thing happened to me, after I had been looking at mr2's for about 6 months. After hearing the news and hanging up the phone heavy hearted (and less my previous car that I also loved), I decided to call the little sob up. While being cool, calm and collected I began to question the legalities of taking a deposit and withdrawing a sale. The story ends with me driving around my much loved mr2 to this day.

You guys should get things put in writing... then it would be harder for a seller to put you in that position.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 14:28

You guys should get things put in writing... then it would be harder for a seller to put you in that position.

I think that was the thing that saved me, my written reciept for the money that was given to him.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its like when i got my soarer, don't get me wrong I really like it a lot, but after buying it I saw a gen 3 GZ20, manual, with the stock aero body kit and nice rims on it, for only about $1500 more

it also had less km on the clock (although i'm always a bit suspect about the odo on import cars)

but ah well, i'm very happy with my car, so it doesnt matter! Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 11:46

wise words my dad once told me....

"doesnt matter how rare it is, there will ALWAYS be another car"

lucky i wasnt looking for an 1885 daimler benz aye Laughing

be patient the right car will come in time.

well why the hell did i dive to sydney and back 3 times for a friggn MA45 Very Happy

hardest was driven the ma45 back with no radio! ARRRG!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just missed out on a 1997 JZA80 SZ-R, white, 18" white rays engineering rims, 2 x recaro buckets, body kit, alpine stereo gear & it was 6 spd! I rang up the day after it was advertised and was told it was sold, I was heading over to put a deposit on the bloody thing Crying or Very Sad

Only other SZ-R I can find is the same price, but stock Confused
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I almost bought an immac bare metal sprayed and rust free ae86 well over a year ago, but I had only just entered the market and didnt want to jump right into a deal. I belive simon on these forums ended up buying it or owning it at one stage.

Small world Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Thu, 07 April 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 18:24

well why the hell did i dive to sydney and back 3 times for a friggn MA45 Very Happy

hardest was driven the ma45 back with no radio! ARRRG!

haha good times, good times
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Fri, 08 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe well I bought my car and took a risk by not waiting for the NRMA because I didn't want to miss out! Very Happy

Never forget the motto from Burnout 3 on XBox, "Risk Equals Reward"

lol occasionally
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Fri, 08 April 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Continuing to love the Avatar, Rob_RA40. Very Happy

How GOOD is little britain!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Missed out on buying something??? Got angry? Fri, 08 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous message
I think the purchase of my car let a few people down but I did what Toobs suggested and put a deposit on it and got some contracts written down so that I had first dabs at it. Lets just say on the decision day I said yes and the owner had to let 3 other people know that it was sold. Smiley = Too bad, I love my car!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter ppl or 4ag ppl or 20v ppl
Next Topic:corolla panel vans
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 05:00:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075509548187256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.