Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
GA70 Radiator into RA2X Sun, 10 April 2005 22:58 Go to next message
Hey, I'm after some advice from people who have successfully installed a GA70 radiator into their RA2X 1GGTE conversions. Is it even possible to use this radiator or does a replacement have to be sourced.

If ic an be used how was it mounted? On the opposing side of the radiator supports? How did you manage to get it low enough to clear the bonnet?

I have searched these froums for any information regarding this but have only turned up such information as using the standard celica radaitor recored or a camira radiator... or even going as far as using an rb25 aluminum one.

Any advice appreciated...

Cheers,
Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GA70 Radiator into RA2X Mon, 11 April 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So nobody else apart from Craigze has used the standard GA70 radiator...

I'll just experiment some more... I can see it has to sit alot lower than the standard radiator as it is a good inch taller...

Will let you know how we go Razz

Cheers,
Kirk
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: GA70 Radiator into RA2X Mon, 11 April 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just might have to go a custom radiator in order to fit it in front of the engine using the original mounts and still have room for an I/C.
I've done the 1G-GZE conversion into a RA23 and the S/C crank pulley width means the radiator has to go on the outside of the original mounts. I used a KA/KB Laser radiator (thanks CLG) and with a few minor mods it fitted perfectly.
I then only had enough room for a A/C rad or an IC in front of that before I hit the grille, and given Perth's hot summers, I went the A/C gear instead.
Good luck with it all.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GA70 Radiator into RA2X Mon, 11 April 2005 22:37 Go to previous message
Yeah a replacement one might be required, but I'm going to stuff around with the factory one for a bit. The last conversion left very little room for good fans and a great radiator. This time round I would like to make it a lot better.

Cheers,
Kirk
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help me out here... 1G-GTE Z20 soarer - now with manual conversion questions!
Next Topic:Need Auto Electrical Help in Adelaide PLEASE :-)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 06:25:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040760040283203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.