Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » clear tail lights = more speed???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azza
Regular

December 2004
clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 11:45 Go to next message
While browsing ebay I came across this interesting item 'PERFORMANCE' tail lights.. I'll have to get some from autobarn sometime, does anyone know what sort of HP gain i can expect and if different brands givee more bang for my buck?

Oh and if you have a lancer and your looking for performance tail lgihts heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=36607&item=4541530164&rd=1
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://maxe.ausgamers.com/images/altezzagay.gif
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it's quite simple really. darker taillights soak up all colours of the spectrum thus weighing the car down. But altezzas, however, reflect this hefty cargo of visible light meaning massive weightloss and a performance advantage.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 22:05

well it's quite simple really. darker taillights soak up all colours of the spectrum thus weighing the car down. But altezzas, however, reflect this hefty cargo of visible light meaning massive weightloss and a performance advantage.

Shocked What about my tinted windows!

Rolling Eyes
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 22:31

86DRFT wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 22:05

Shocked What about my tinted windows!

Rolling Eyes

Well the tint reflects the UV radiation which when measured is equal to a quantum of dark matter, so it's like making your car into one large clear lens.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Mon, 11 April 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would not get worked up about the lights, you would only get an extra 50 horsepower with them Rolling Eyes .
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check this out. super cheap's "performance" section of their site Laughing
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/www/index.cfm?ite mid=37
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote from SuperCheapAuto:

Quote:

Our steering wheels range in colour, size and even shape.

NO WAY! Shocked

Laughing
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 17:03

check this out. super cheap's "performance" section of their site Laughing
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/www/index.cfm?ite mid=37

hahahaha thats funny as Laughing

"For the serious enthusiast who wants the complete package you can add a Monster Tacho inside and a sports muffler at the tail end that can change the look and the sound of your car. What about under the bonnet - ever considered a colourful or chrome Pod Air Filter?"

Laughing
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the serious enthusiast who wants the complete package you can add a Monster Tacho inside and a sports muffler at the tail end that can change the look and the sound of your car. hahah

also since when were key rings considered a performance accessory?
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
light weight and aerodynamic keyrings can be the deciding factor between a win and a lose. Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, i had enough of them fake bonnet vents on half the cars on the roads these days (ie. falcons)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe anyone been to Repco Northmead recently and looked what's under the "Performance" sign? lol
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 18:07

also since when were key rings considered a performance accessory?

when was anything in that so called "performance" section considered a performance accessory (besides the air filters, but only to an extent) Laughing

edit: here's their intro for anyone who cant be bothered having a look
Quote:

Super Cheap Auto's range of performance accessories is extensive to say the least. The huge range includes products from gear knobs, pedal pads, grille panels, key rings, exhaust extensions and tips, to Pod Air Filters and K&N Performance Filters, design films, gear boots, steering wheels and Boss kits, and Auto Gage performance gauges.
These products can drastically change the look and sound of your car for a very reasonable price and suit most vehicles on the market.

remember, ^^^that is the intro to their performance page Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 09:35]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
repco northmead is where I get my VHT vinyl dye and assorted carby cleaner, armourall etc. as far as actual car parts go, I'd never get anything more complicated than an oil filter or spark plugs from them.
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man do be a knocking super cheap you would be suprised what you can actually order from there whiteline, defi, K&N, NOS, Turbosmart, Go fast bitz, hybred intercooler systems, and anything else that rocket industries can get.

but there performance page is pretty fun some of the shit they sell and people actually buy it think it will be make their fully sick VL go faster.

but wait theres more super cheap are starting to sell video games as well for the play station ppl out there they are selling

GT4
V8 super cars 2
Driver 3

and on computer
V8 super cars
Grand prix 4

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 11:43]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go fast bitz is the ultimate in shithouse car accessories - every performance mechanic I've spoken to badmouths them.

but you're right, they can order stuff from good places - just if you go through smaller shops you'll get better deals (they're more likely to give you trade price if you're nice to them)
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea thats true but I work there so when I need anything like that I just get it there cause I get a fair bit of a discount
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Tue, 12 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz01 wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 21:40

Hey man do be a knocking super cheap you would be suprised what you can actually order from there whiteline, defi, K&N, NOS, Turbosmart, Go fast bitz, hybred intercooler systems, and anything else that rocket industries can get.

but there performance page is pretty fun some of the shit they sell and people actually buy it think it will be make their fully sick VL go faster.

but wait theres more super cheap are starting to sell video games as well for the play station ppl out there they are selling

GT4
V8 super cars 2
Driver 3

and on computer
V8 super cars
Grand prix 4

that the cheapest plug i have ever seen, personally if i want whiteline gear i'll just go straight to their outlet. I know someone that works at supercheap and lets just say his one litre swift has been kitted out with their cheap trash ie chrome dress covers woot.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Wed, 13 April 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AUTOBARN is the GHEYEST!! DRIFT WING !! DRIFT CAT BACK SYSTEMS DRIFT INTERCOOLERS D1 TURBO PERFORMANCE MUFFLER HAHAHAHA do u think ????
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Wed, 13 April 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually my Brother works at a regional Autobarn, and I've been REALLY impressed by what they've started stocking/ordering in the last year. Turbosmart products, the Blitz range, good quality car audio, K&N, etc. etc.

you know - some stuff that is actually useful for making cars genuinely faster - not just faster in the owner's head ! ! ! Laughing

The retail prices are a little bit silly, but then they are selling some stuff that's expensive EVERYWHERE ! I priced a set of King springs, Monroe shocks and Genie extractors through him for the Celica, and was surprised at how competetive He was on all of them. Almost a shame I sold teh Sillycar for da Skyline . . . . . Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Wed, 13 April 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My local autobarn isn't too bad, but there kinda two parts to the shop, behind the counter and just the floor. The floor is full of dvds, all the rice you cane imagine, huge cannon mufflers, etc and stereo systems and a couple steering wheels, pods etc.
But then under lock and key and just behind the counter they have turbos expensive rice aka momo gear knobs and better gear. Really they are just upmarket version of supercheap.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Thu, 14 April 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, you can good stuff from super cheap by ordering, i got my k&n panel filter there Very Happy
but all the stuff on the floor is bullshit, besides the pod filters to an extent (like, they will actually make your STOCK car go faster, but they advertise it as being "chrome" and shiny Rolling Eyes )
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Thu, 14 April 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it my local repco there is fast n furious windscreen wipers that have wings on then to provide "ideal wiping conditions."
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Thu, 14 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you want is a repco "Express parts center" no rice at all just a counter with guys thay know car parts backwards, also get a good price typicly 50% of what Autobuggery or SuperCrap sell
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: clear tail lights = more speed??? Thu, 14 April 2005 08:19 Go to previous message
the guys at my local autobarn are ok.
i've bought my vdo cd player from them and also a vdo boost gauge.
pricing is fair on some things.. other things can be found cheaper elsewhere.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question
Next Topic:When peugeots attack
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 20:42:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060179233551025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.