Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Chased by VL ROAD RAGE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 05:53 Go to next message
Hey modders..

2 weeksish ago I was driving into my local shopping centre. I pulled out to cross the road and enter the underground carpark when halfway across the road I notice a shiny VL with uber big chromies. They had to brake, but no lock up, and he was never in any danger of t boning me.
After a pause I accelerated hard to get out of his way, maybe this pissed him off more... They follew us into the carpark, there was 4 or 5 of em and they were drunk.

I slowed down and moved over cos i thought maybe we can just exchange words, WRONG! one of the guys in the back jumped out of the car and started chasing us. He was just about to smash my face in but the I floored it straight. I could see him chasing me like the terminator or something in my drivers side mirror.

He kept chasing but the commodore cut through the near empty carpark, not blocking off, but stopping right near the exit i was racing toward. I pulled up, the guy was still running toward us, so I spun around and took off toward where I came in, bout 80 90 ks in a carpark, stupid I know but they were gunna kill us.

I escaped cos they went out the exit they tried to block, to cut me off, but I turned right illegally and just kept going... I must say the celica would have looked cool showing up that VL, but Im assuming they uber pissed now. I havnt driven the celica since then, Im too scared theyll hurt her! ( or me)

It was all pretty full on, is it worth telling the pigs? in case they do torch my car or shit? any advice on this would be good, but I cant reply for a day or two.

Seeya! andy
  Send a private message to this user    
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, shoulda got out and kick boxed there heads in.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I forgot to write that it was me and a girl in the front, with another medium guy in the back, but if u eva been in the back of a celica u know they not easy to get out of. THERE WAS 4 OF THEM vs 2 and a half guys, i knew I would have to summon my Haichi Knee's power and dragon spirit. and i did.
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Meh, shoulda got out and kick boxed there heads in.

Macho macho man, who wants to be, a macho man?

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably best to tell the police, yes.

Also, if their intent was clear to you, then their intent would be clear to the security cameras as well.

Being an underground carpark, I'd assume they would have security cameras filming.

Speak to the police, and say you feared for your life (which you obviously did), and tell them that you still have your worries about your personal safety and the safety of your property (your car)

Hell, if they can get a numberplate off this commodore, then that makes it even easier.

And if they have a proven history of previous violence, then there's even more of a chance that they'll do something about it.

So yeah, I'd go to the police if I were you.

I hope nothing else happens. (to you or your car or your passengers!) Smile

Cheers
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andyroo wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 14:04

I forgot to write that it was me and a girl in the front, with another medium guy in the back, but if u eva been in the back of a celica u know they not easy to get out of. THERE WAS 4 OF THEM vs 2 and a half guys, i knew I would have to summon my Haichi Knee's power and dragon spirit. and i did.

all i can say is.. Shadow Replication! Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 06:23]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which carpark
rego plates of the commo?

WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 sober guys verse 4 drunks?
thats smashable!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwhahah i dunno ey them vl's seem to really fire people up when they dit in them they all become tuff guys lmao...

i wouldnt bother ringin the cops they didnt even touch u.. juts carry a solid bar in the car theyll love that
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chances of you seeing them again are slim to none unless you live in a smallish town. If you live in sydney its almost zero.

I have had a few close calls with fuckwits on the road over the last couple years...always made sure i got down the rego number, and a rough decription of the person(s) if i could remember. and in every case i have never faced them on the road again.

Thats not to say keep your wits about you if you find yourself in that area again...but in my experience i would say that they have gotten their thrills and have proven to their fuckwit mates that they are 'hard' blah blah blah and moved on...

you could most likely walk right past one of the dudes a couple days down the track and he wouldnt know it was you....believe it or not this stuff happens almost everyday...just be glad that you had the presence of mind and the skills to get you, your mate, and your woman out of a potentially life threatening situation.

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoulda let him get right behind u doin 40 and slamd the brakes .. ohh that would be gold
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
club locks are for safty Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

Hell, if they can get a numberplate off this commodore, then that makes it even easier.

yea, an easy way to get rid of another commonwhore of the road too.. Razz

i would keep an eye out for them for while too if it were me.

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's kinda freaky when people chase you... because you know that they are pissed off but you don't know how pissed off and what they will actually do if they catch you.

SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 00:55

One night my bro and I were driving back from the pub and had a cracker left in the car (after my trip to Canberra) and decided to let it off at the park near my house.

When we went into the park's carpark there was a black E-Class Merc parked there. I swept the lights across the car to see if it was occupied... the windows were all fogged up. Rolling Eyes We drove to the other end of the carpark to let it off in a coke can.

As I jumped back in the car the lights of the Merc went on and it proceded to follow us toward the exit. I turned right, so did the Merc... Then left, so did the Merc. He was about 75m back as I went through an amber light. He accelerated and went through the red about 5sec after it changed. Shocked Surprised

At that stage I'm like WTF! I turned up the street next to mine and the Merc was at that stage about 2m off my bumper. I go to turn right toward my house and he drove on the wrong side of the road and cut me off! I then aborted my turn and went straight at full throttle to keep in front, and did. (7M powah! Nod )

I then lost him round some tiny back streets... We decided to hold off going home, so the guy wouldn't know where we live, and headed back to the main road. He was waiting there standing next to his car! He jumped back in but we flew past and lost him. Very Happy

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 14:20

Also, if their intent was clear to you, then their intent would be clear to the security cameras as well.

Being an underground carpark, I'd assume they would have security cameras filming.

Speak to the police, and say you feared for your life (which you obviously did), and tell them that you still have your worries about your personal safety and the safety of your property (your car)

And if they have a proven history of previous violence, then there's even more of a chance that they'll do something about it.

So yeah, I'd go to the police if I were you.

I hope nothing else happens. (to you or your car or your passengers!) Smile

Cheers

good advice, i would do anything to get idoitic people like that f*cked up.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have the plates go to the cops and report it.

even though they wont do anything about your encounter, it will be written down on file, eventually these fuckers will slip up and incidents like this on file may help compound any future charges they get.

it happens to all of us tho man, one time some guy stopped traffic and threatened to stab me. another time my mate and i were in his celica and some guy cut a corner almost taking us out, my mate yelled out "look out" as he drove past, he promptly did a u-turn followed us stopped us at a set of lights and said "what did u fucken say about *nationality not mentioned so as not to promote the stereotype*"

he then told us to pull over so he could fight us, he turned a corner and parked his car we kept driving.

hahahah and this one time some old guy who looked like this,

http://www.reimeika.ca/marco/data/christopher_lloyd_1.jpg

except he was wearing only his undies, threw a huge rock about the size of an adult males head at my mates car as we drove past his property, the rock narrowly missed the car.

true story was absolutely bizarre.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christopher Lloyd threw a rock at your mates car?

I had a fantastic incident with a mate once, couldn't have asked for a better ending!

Driving back home from the city with a mate one night we started being followed/hassled by a car full of guys. One of the ones guys in the back was flashing a weapon (hazy memory prevents me from remembering what) and everyone including the driver was staring across at is while screaming abuse. Anyways we turned off paramatta road on to old caterbury and soon as it went back to double lanes they were back along side us again. Doing about 80-90km/hr to prevent them getting in front of us, they continued to hurl abuse at us while staring me out (I was in the passenger seat and we were in the right lane).
Anyways, this all came to a sudden stop when they didn't see the line up of parked cars they plowed in to. We didn't see the impact, but heard the bang and there were no more headlights.

I hadn't told that story for so long as I thought it must have been something I dreamed (hazy memory, combined with it happening about 6-7 years ago, combined with it sounding like something out of a movie), but I brought it up with my mate the other day and he verified everything that I had remembered. Best result ever!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Mon, 11 April 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so they were driving along beside you all looking at you and shouting abuse and then they ran into a line of parked cars?

bahahahaha gold
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i had my torana i had a full car and we did nothing to provoke this bloke in a old chevy pickup, dont know what the hell he had under that bonnet but it kept up with me without a dramer and my torana did 13.9 quaters with a worked 202. he tride to ram me several times and tride to hit my rear quater to spin me, at about 100kph i turned left on a right hand bend into a small dirt area with a big drop off(bout 10' drop) spun the car 180 and stoped. he then pulled up on the road and tried to wave us by, he then started to fiddle around on the passenger floor and produced a sawn off shot gun Shocked i never seen my torana move so quick with a full car load in my whole life Laughing. rang the cops gave the rego and description and the did nothing about it.

a mate has a simular story to davedave story except the chasing guys didnt stop when they hit cars! the ended up raming him as he was pulling into the cop shop sideways, he spun and went through the cop shop wall Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once i needed to turn into the right lane to turn right at the next set of lights, so off the lights i accelerate a bit harder then normal so i can pull in ahead of the guy next to me an old guy around 60, anyways, he just positions his car such that if i change into his lane i will hit the front of his car so i back off, and he slows down and continues to sit so i can't change into his lane, by now i getting pretty close to needing to being in his lane so i drop it back to second plant it and jump into the lane, i as far enough in front so i wouldn't hit him, anyway he starts going off his nut,he followed me for a couple of kays before i detour through housing estate and lose him through some roudabouts. The thing is i gave him ample opportunity to pass me and he wouldn't take it then he gets pissed when i just jump in there anyway.

The other day coming home from the shops i see a swift sitting quite close to the rear of a dyna size truck, anyway, as the truck goes over the bridge once on the side closest to me there is a large open area of grass and dirt, the guy in the truck locks up and slides into the dirt bringing the truck to a holt, the guy in the swift pulls the handbrake and swings into the dirt. The truckie jumps out and they start going for it at this stage i turned off and saw no more.
On a better note my brother had an old guy come into the doctors surgery and the old guy (around 60) said that a couple of weeks befor someone had been tailgating him they then over took him and jump on the brakes to make him stop, the guy gets out of the car and pulls the old guy out of the car. Anyway in his younger day the old guy had done boxing, needless to say befor the younger guy newer he took a punch to the gut and then whilst wincing in pain a couple to the head and was knocked out, the old guy dragged his sorry arse off the road and then left. that guy would hopefully awake some time later and i'd say have learnt his lesson.

My next door neighbour's son who did boxing to keep fit regularly consume large amounts of booze anyway, walking home from the pub one night two kids try to jump him, before they new it they were both on the ground after a king hit to the head and he walked off called his mum and told her what he'd done.
His borther lives in a unit and one morning could hear someone walking round anyway he looks over his wife still beside him, thinks shit theres a burgler, anyway jumps out of bed to find some guy in the house he tackles him, but the guy get out and then goes to the balcony, so he picks up a metal chair of his balcony and knocks the thief over the head with it, the thief then jumped off the verandah and ran off, but still had their credit cards, so they got them cancelled and then rang the cops who put a call out to al doctors and hospital for someone admitting with head trauma.
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My step-dad got sideswiped, intentionally, but some fuckwit in a 4WD a couple of months ago, whilst driving my grandparents Volvo 740. The guy was fired up because my step-dad was doing the speed limit in an area where virtually everyone speeds (except people with half a fucking brain who know that the cops regularly sit there). So fuckwit goes to pass over double lines, swings back once he's level with the Volvo and scrapes his bullbar down the entire length of the car, then attempts to speed off. My step-dad manages to follow him for about 5 kays before the arsehole finally pulls over. Luckily he's a big guy, and currently has a shaved head, so the guy shat himself and handed over his insurance details without calling his bluff. Car ended up getting fixed for nothing through insurance (and is now better than before) and probably cost the fuckwit quite a bit in excess and premium, so hopefully he learnt his lesson.

Anyway, anyone want to buy a mint '90 Volvo 740 GL? $7000 ONO Smile You too can get attacked by rabid 4WD owners Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 04:03]

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 12:22

when i had my torana i had a full car and we did nothing to provoke this bloke in a old chevy pickup, dont know what the hell he had under that bonnet but it kept up with me without a dramer and my torana did 13.9 quaters with a worked 202. he tride to ram me several times and tride to hit my rear quater to spin me, at about 100kph i turned left on a right hand bend into a small dirt area with a big drop off(bout 10' drop) spun the car 180 and stoped. he then pulled up on the road and tried to wave us by, he then started to fiddle around on the passenger floor and produced a sawn off shot gun Shocked i never seen my torana move so quick with a full car load in my whole life Laughing. rang the cops gave the rego and description and the did nothing about it.

a mate has a simular story to davedave story except the chasing guys didnt stop when they hit cars! the ended up raming him as he was pulling into the cop shop sideways, he spun and went through the cop shop wall Laughing

Holy shit !! Shocked

I have never had it happen to me but a couple of my mates somehow annoyed some dudes in a parking lot who proceeded to chase after them on foot and when they got stuck at the exit they punched through the passenger window 80 and gave the passenger a couple of touch ups to the face b4 they got a break in traffic and got the fuck out of there. Some people just have some serious anger issues No No No
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 13:12

so they got them cancelled and then rang the cops who put a call out to al doctors and hospital for someone admitting with head trauma.

this reminds me of a time friends and i were listening to the police scanner and some guy had left a pub drunk got into his brand new SS holden ute and put it into a tree 10metres down the road. he then jumped out and ran off.

the reports for the cops were to look out for a person walking on the streets with possible head injuries and wearing only one ugg boot.

we all cacked up.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Tue, 12 April 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seriously dunno wat is with these commodore drivers..
i was exiting a carpark once, there was a car (commonwhore) coming maybe 40-60meters away, he sees me coming out and he deliberatly floors it across my car just inches from contact..
i only exitted the car park judging from his speed, i had plenty of time. i dont understand why he floored it as soon as he saw me..
i was pissed off.. but then i understood that there is some really f'ed up drivers out there.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Havnt told the cops yet, I figure it could only make things worse, maybe I should just take a pole in the back with me! I think its just the shitty little town I live in. Crying or Very Sad 50,000 people aint much. Anyway Im sure hes spent more money on his car than I have, so if he ever does hassle me, well, lets just say I wouldnt mind some new dents on the celica! the celica has one tuff front bumper.

Cheers!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are soooo wrong.
The rear bumper is the strong one the front is weak.

I had a similar thing happen to me once.

I used to live in a country town where the cops was only there on wednesdays.

So me and a few of my friends used to ride out motor bikes to each others houses and do laps of the apple orchard.

We had this track set up: Thru the apple orchard up the quarry and turn around at the top of this dirt road and fang back down.

Well 1/2 way thru my turn i see a guy running towards me so i'm like "This guy wants to ask me to stop" so i start to take off my helmet.
The i realize he has a double barrel shot gun under his arm.
So i thrumped the bike in2 1st gear and got out of there as quick as i could. I thought if i went thru the orchard i could loose him.
No luck i'm flying thru ducking branches and poly pipe whist apples are exploding right near my head.
Close enough that a few time i could see anything thru the apple mush on my goggles.
People say he must have unloaded 20 shells near me. they heard every shot.

I have never been so scared in my life.
it was great fun tho the biggest rush i've ever felt.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, I gots'ta get some more kw's outta teh skyline so that I can get the hell away from these morons, if they ever come near me!!

8" wide pirelli P-Zero's upfront and 9" wide tyres on the back has Me sorted for grip, 4-pot front calipers has stopping sorted.

Yup - just needs teh powah! 185kw just don't cut it anymore. Confused
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got chased by an idiot in an ES300 for about 15mins. Even did a U turn on Ryde Rd, he ran a red light and he still persisted. I ended up at Eastwood police station and that's where he diffused it all. I went around the back way to head back south in case he was waiting to follow me again. Man, damn swede wouldn't give up and think about where he was going.

I got a picture of his car though so I know exactly the plates.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did the VL do any drifting when he was chasing you?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 15:17

Man, I gots'ta get some more kw's outta teh skyline so that I can get the hell away from these morons, if they ever come near me!!

8" wide pirelli P-Zero's upfront and 9" wide tyres on the back has Me sorted for grip, 4-pot front calipers has stopping sorted.

Heh. Anyone else see the irony here? Very Happy
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I might add to this although I admit I'm having trouble controlling my anger.

I was actually crossing the road at a clearly marked crossing pushing the stroller with my 10 mth old son a week or so ago.

Traffic on my side of the road had stopped so over I go. Getting to the middle I notice Astina with 18"s on and red P plates paying no attention at all - no offence to P platers but this guy should pay more attention. He was actually watching himself in shop windows probably thinking about how sik he looked.

So as he sails through I suggest not so politely that he should watch what he's doing. Next thing I know I'm copping all the abuse and he says next time he'll just run me over. It was at this point that I'm seeing red and demanding he get out of the car. He goes to get out but thinks better of it.

Anyway I live in a regional centre and tonight I just happened to drive past his car at his house. I saw him in it and I was so close to getting out and asking if he'd like to run me over now. I actually think I'll just call in there one day and talk to his mum and dad.

So why am I so mad? This idiot thinks nothing of threatening a man and his baby child. NOT COOL.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Wed, 13 April 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
totally agree man dont mean to steriotype but there r too many wanks on p plates that dont pay attention in there gay excels with big mags and thumping stezza thinking they r the bomb No No No
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah huh

Yes, because all P platers wit loud music and mags are evil. I really wish people would drop the p plater thing! If you get cut off, run over whatever, the driver is still at fault, NOT THE RED P ON HIS WINDOW. Surprisingly the same thing applies to licenced drivers too Rolling Eyes

cheers, andy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 18:49

Stereotype or not - I've had two redneck wogs hanging halfway outta their XD? Falcon screaming something about killing me, and not been able to get away, after keeping level with them at the traffic light drag in my old "202" powered VH commode - not a nice experience. I guess the driver didn't like his ego being challenged by a tired-old Holden 6 ! ! !

I don't have anything to prove, nor do I have street-racing fantasies involving "Naws" and melting manifolds, neons, laptops etc. etc. fast'n Phurious style.

Just saying it'd be reassuring to know I have a car beneath Me capable of putting distance between me and 99.9% of cars on the road - call it "rainy day" insurance . . . Rolling Eyes

p.s. I can't guess what you think of Me, whether it be caused by my post or the (fast, fun, well engineered, sensibly sized, relatively quiet, HOT LOOKING) car that I've just bought - but you can shove your preconceptions square up your "you-know-what", buddy. Save the judgement and snide comments for people that you've actually met, and spoken to for at least 5 minutes.
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The point is not that ALL P Platers are evil. I said nothing of the sort.

The point is that the idiot in question has basically zero experience on the road. He should have been paying attention to what he was doing instead of perving at himself in a window.

And before this gets out of hand, I'd have spewed at anyone. This guy was obviously way over-confident for his level of experience and me and my child almost paid for it.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The point of my post was not that p platers r evil either i just think that its only the in p platers u will c people with big chrome mags and stezza's and massive egos, and no im talking about all p platers sorry if u took it that way i mean that there is a minority of p platers like this and they make it fucked for the rest us.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No arguement there bantech: I was just replying to Apollo's little dig at me further up the thread.

[Start rant]

PAYING ATTTENTION to the road, and what's happening is - to me, the most important thing drivers can possibly do on public roads. FvCK all this state-government crap about watching the speedo to make sure you're not 5mk/h over the speed limit. WATCH what's happening around you and anticipate the worst that could happen (like a dude & pram walking out) and we won't HAVE to to worry about what speed cars are doing in 80% of accidents around town - coz they JUST WON"T HAPPEN ! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

[/End rant]
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there's a ton of other issues besides that. And seriously, if keeping an eye on your speed takes you away from the essential other parts of driving, you really should never have got your license.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Davedave, your cruising speed NEVER varies by 5km/h, ever? No matter what you're paying attention to, regardless of crazy goings-on at tricky intersections or downhill gradients ? ? ?

Please teach Me how to be as good as you. Do you give lessons? I'll pay you by the hour.. . . Rolling Eyes

[end sarcastic wit]
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mean to be rude but....... it would be the safest option to look and make sure the cars had stopped before walking out onto the crossing.

I always assume every driver drives like my mother (shocking)

There was a chain of cars (almost bumper to bumper) drving along the beach and this guy sees there was cars going across the crossing but still walked out anyway.

Naturaly we were watching the road and the chicks and didn't see him walking out.
Common sence would suggest you wait untill the cars have gone/stopped/noticed you before crossing.

I know people have right of way but it's not often how it works.

I'm not saying this is what happened in the above case.

I just wanted to show another point of view.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for starters other cars had already stopped before he walked across this guy just drove through on the other side of the road, second pedestrians have right of way in pretty much every situation.
I have seen situation like this when i went to primary school even with a crossing lady manning the crossing it was quite regular for one particular truck driver and some other notorious drivers that when kids were on the intersection just driev through.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184_sillycar: grow up dude

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 05:03]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry davedave, but I don't agree that you can drive responsibly and safely, and gaurentee that you'll never inadvertantly break the speed limit, while other stuff has your attention. I honestly think there's more important things to be doing behind the wheel than checking the speedo every 5 seconds.

Apologies for teh teenage-style sarcasm today - it just "pops out" every so-often! Embarassed
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon someone should create a hot chicks thread again that was so good Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 12:53

Stereotype or not - I've had two redneck wogs hanging halfway outta their XD? Falcon screaming something about killing me, and not been able to get away, after keeping level with them at the traffic light drag in my old "202" powered VH commode - not a nice experience. I guess the driver didn't like his ego being challenged by a tired-old Holden 6 ! ! !

I don't have anything to prove, nor do I have street-racing fantasies involving "Naws" and melting manifolds, neons, laptops etc. etc. fast'n Phurious style.

Just saying it'd be reassuring to know I have a car beneath Me capable of putting distance between me and 99.9% of cars on the road - call it "rainy day" insurance . . . Rolling Eyes

p.s. I can't guess what you think of Me, whether it be caused by my post or the (fast, fun, well engineered, sensibly sized, relatively quiet, HOT LOOKING) car that I've just bought - but you can shove your preconceptions square up your "you-know-what", buddy. Save the judgement and snide comments for people that you've actually met, and spoken to for at least 5 minutes.

Dude, I think it's your own preconceptions that have undone you this time.

I don't know what the hell you're trying to defend or why you already had a pre-written generic response to what is probably your ego, but my funny was actually pointing to the following:

The irony here is that you have a japanese commonwhore that you want to add more "powah" to to out-run the aussie commonwhore.

Feel humbled now? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Next time ask "what irony?" Wink And then have a laugh.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 21:51

st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 12:53

Dude, I think it's your own preconceptions that have undone you this time.

I don't know what the hell you're trying to defend or why you already had a pre-written generic response to what is probably your ego, but my funny was actually pointing to the following:

The irony here is that you have a japanese commonwhore that you want to add more "powah" to to out-run the aussie commonwhore.

Feel humbled now? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Next time ask "what irony?" Wink And then have a laugh.

Maybe you shouldnt have commented on his car at all? nobody likes to have their car put down or degraded, as the old saying goes, if youve got nothing good to say, dont say it at all.

if i was told my car was a "commonwhore" id be fucking pissed off, and im sure if some random told you you drove a hairdressers car, or a shopping trolley, or whatever you drive.

My point is, the world will be so much better when we reach a stage where stereotypes DONT exist, and people realise, that in order to make a joke, that may even be remotely upsetting, that you have to at least know the person your dealing with.

i do not generalise on the car a bad driver drives, however i do generalise these drivers, into a group called "fuckwits"

ive been driving for four and a half months, if i told you HALF the shit ive seen/experienced, you would have enough substance to makeyour rectum bleed.

i too will own a fast car, not only to get the adrenaline rush of running it down the quater at kwinana infront of a crowd. I want to own a fast car because, if i need to haul ass out of a certain situation, i want to have that power on tap to get the fuck out of there.

There have been quite a few close calls for me, both for doing the speed limit, where people wanted to speed, but also for "looking at people wrong"

everyone just needs to calm the fuck down, no wonder they call it a rat-race.

Eldar.O.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:41

I think there's a ton of other issues besides that. And seriously, if keeping an eye on your speed takes you away from the essential other parts of driving, you really should never have got your license.

We live in Sydney. The place where speed cameras are CLEARLY marked as opposed to Victoria where there are no speed camera signs at all and going over 3km/h will get your license eaten up by Brack and Co. Driving in Victoria, I am super conscious of the speedo more than the scenery. Victoria could have been a good place to visit but pity I spend most of it watching the speedo.

I think the biggest reason why we pick on P platers is that:

a) they are easily identifiable
b) they generally (and I mean it in the BROADEST sense) young kids out to impress others
c) have the lowest amount of skill out there thus making more mistakes (generally this is true)
d) being young, not like the idea of saying, "yes, I did wrong and I'm sorry" frame of mind though this applies to non P platers these days.

I've been wrong on some occasions and have apologised straight away and it's totally diffuse the situation and everyone goes on their merry way.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SmellyTofu wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 04:59

I've been wrong on some occasions and have apologised straight away and it's totally diffuse the situation and everyone goes on their merry way.

But let me guess, if you apologise for being wrong then said young person gets all cocky and pissed off?

(Before people think I'm picking on p-platers too, I'm a green P-plater myself... and seriously come on... how many other people on their P-plates do you know that are jerks? I know a few... Confused )
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Thu, 14 April 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Me Vs. Apollo

From you posting "Anyone else see the irony here" and not briefly sharing what you find so funny, I could only have assumed you're grouping Me in with the road raging fucksteins I'm so eager to avoid.

I'll happily admit that I've quickly learnt to expect one of two stereotypical responses to my car. Either "Sweet, how does she drive?" from people who are genuinely happy for Me, or the polar opposite: "Mate that's just plastic jap-crap." or "It NEEDS a turbo coz the engine's so pissy." or "It's not even a GTR!" or "the earlier R32 is lighter and quicker - why would you buy that slow, fat heap'o?" or "You and all the other skyline driving hoon-wankers are a danger to society." etc. etc.

I just assumed you were in the last group, since your post didn't give any indication otherwise. Just crossed wires I guess - shame it started a small fire! Relax Fella - I know I have . . Very Happy

You're trying to draw comparisons (which I don't feel the need for) claiming the Skyline is the japanese Commodore - Wouldn't that be the Magna, Camry, Nissan Maxima etc, etc. . . ?? Even if it is,(inside your head perhaps?) then I've got the Japanese HSV Monaro: 2-door, 4-pot front/2-pot rear brakes, L.S.D. etc etc. with a factory power/weight ratio roughly equal to an SS commodore. When I'm done tweakin, It's powah/weight will be between the Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S. Evil or Very Mad

I'm happy with that, so much so that you can call it whatever you please - I won't hate you for it, and I'll still love my new "toy" just as much Heart Rolling Heart Rolling Heart Rolling Heart Rolling

p.s. I don't understand why this:
Apollo wrote:

is meant to be "humble" me. Yawn

eh?

Anyway:
Road rage sucks, and I want to be far, far away from it. The poor driving standards we all see every day suck too. WAY WAY tougher licencing please. retesting every 10 or 15 years wouldn't hurt either. - No Government will ever have the balls to do it though, coz voters will take it as a personal attack on their driving/ego, and BAM!! There goes the election . . .
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well at risk of getting completely flamed I might weight in to this whole P plater debate - I did bring it up after all.

The reason I brought it up wasn't to pick on the P plates. This thread started out giving peoples experiences of morons with piss-poor attitudes. My point was about the guy I mentioned having only just started out and already his attitude is up the shit.

So, just so you know I'm probably a bit older than most of you - I'm in my mid 30s. My family car is the brand new Prado in the driveway. My pride and joy is my '88 AE82 Seca twinky. Its getting suspension, new motor (100kw or GZE - can't decide) and paint. So I'm a Toyota enthusiast just like everyone else on here. I can also say that I got up to all kinds of crap when I had my P plates including writing off my KE55 coupe by rolling twice and into a tree roof first. I was lucky to walk away.

So about P platers. They've every right to be on the road, to get experience and to make all the mistakes that happen when learning to drive. I'm not saying they're all irresponsible morons. My attitude is to take it easy on the roads - they're a friggin dangerous place to be. And that's whether its driving too fast or avoiding aggressive shitheads.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bantech wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 08:05

Well at risk of getting completely flamed I might weight in to this whole P plater debate - I did bring it up after all.

The reason I brought it up wasn't to pick on the P plates. This thread started out giving peoples experiences of morons with piss-poor attitudes. My point was about the guy I mentioned having only just started out and already his attitude is up the shit.

So, just so you know I'm probably a bit older than most of you - I'm in my mid 30s. My family car is the brand new Prado in the driveway. My pride and joy is my '88 AE82 Seca twinky. Its getting suspension, new motor (100kw or GZE - can't decide) and paint. So I'm a Toyota enthusiast just like everyone else on here. I can also say that I got up to all kinds of crap when I had my P plates including writing off my KE55 coupe by rolling twice and into a tree roof first. I was lucky to walk away.

So about P platers. They've every right to be on the road, to get experience and to make all the mistakes that happen when learning to drive. I'm not saying they're all irresponsible morons. My attitude is to take it easy on the roads - they're a friggin dangerous place to be. And that's whether its driving too fast or avoiding aggressive shitheads.

absolutely well bloody said..

forget p platers now, lets get onto 4WD Drivers.. Very Happy

On another note from above -

no seriously, id be pretty annoyed to be branded a 'common p plater' as well. people look at me and go 'p plates?!' and im like so.. ive been driving for 7 years. i only have p plates because of a stupid interstate licence complication which has forced me to sit the stupid test again (to add insult to injury). ive driven the nullarbor 5 times and the eastern seaboard a hell of a lot too.. am i a common p plater? NO.

Its sad to say that you cant generalise the fuckwit P Platers into under 20's.. because i know theres still a bunch of mid 20s wankers too.. but thats regressive australian society for you. lower socioeconomic bred scum will always be just that. and like it or not.. the falconwhores are the predominant car of choice for these lower socioeconomic groups.. put simply, they dont know any better! theyre bred that way.. as stereotypes!

fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bantech wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 09:35

I think most people understood what you were trying to say. You just said the magical word 'P' Plater. This tends to set people off and they miss the point of what you're actually trying to say.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 07:42

But let me guess, if you apologise for being wrong then said young person gets all cocky and pissed off?

Sorry but is my English that bad? What made you think I said/thought that from what I just said?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SmellyTofu wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 12:03

Merudo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 07:42

Sorry but is my English that bad? What made you think I said/thought that from what I just said?

i didnt say or mean you thought that, i was just making an inference from what you said

I just figured that cocky p-plater drivers, if confronted with a police officer who apologised after they got something wrong, might get all bitchy and have a bit of a whinge, that's all.

I wasn't having a go at you Smile Rather pointing out that there's a lot of arrogant young drivers around.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... not to mention doubly arrogant pork rinds...
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=EldarO wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 03:49ive been driving for four and a half months, if i told you HALF the shit ive seen/experienced, you would have enough substance to makeyour rectum bleed.[/quote]

Dude, you're still an infant when it comes to driving then. I've been driving for 13 years. I doubt you could shock me. Go rack up some more km's. Wink

Quote:

Re: Me Vs. Apollo

From you posting "Anyone else see the irony here" and not briefly sharing what you find so funny, I could only have assumed you're grouping Me in with the road raging fucksteins I'm so eager to avoid.

I'll happily admit that I've quickly learnt to expect one of two stereotypical responses to my car. Either "Sweet, how does she drive?" from people who are genuinely happy for Me, or the polar opposite: "Mate that's just plastic jap-crap." or "It NEEDS a turbo coz the engine's so pissy." or "It's not even a GTR!" or "the earlier R32 is lighter and quicker - why would you buy that slow, fat heap'o?" or "You and all the other skyline driving hoon-wankers are a danger to society." etc. etc.

I just assumed you were in the last group, since your post didn't give any indication otherwise. Just crossed wires I guess - shame it started a small fire! Relax Fella - I know I have . .

You're trying to draw comparisons (which I don't feel the need for) claiming the Skyline is the japanese Commodore - Wouldn't that be the Magna, Camry, Nissan Maxima etc, etc. . . ?? Even if it is,(inside your head perhaps?) then I've got the Japanese HSV Monaro: 2-door, 4-pot front/2-pot rear brakes, L.S.D. etc etc. with a factory power/weight ratio roughly equal to an SS commodore. When I'm done tweakin, It's powah/weight will be between the Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S.

I'm happy with that, so much so that you can call it whatever you please - I won't hate you for it, and I'll still love my new "toy" just as much

p.s. I don't understand why this: Apollo wrote:

is meant to be "humble" me.

eh?

Ok, it seems you still don't know what I'm talking about.

1. There's a billion and one commodores on the road.
2. There's a billion minus one skylines on the road.

I'll let you put 2+2 together to why I referred to it as a japanese commodore. (It's because it's a popular import and there are heaps on the road). Geddit? Very Happy Very Happy THERE'S THE FUNNY! It's not because I think it's a POS pushrod or anything else stupid like that. Heck, I personally don't like anything built before 1990, and I do prefer japanese cars myself. (well, duh. Very Happy ).

The humility part is because you automatically put me into your second group and had a big whinge about it, don't like the stereotype? Then get out of the group of ownership. Because no matter how good you behave, most people will sterotype you due to the many fuckwits they see all the time.

Anyway, I don't care that you own one, ('line) I don't care if it's the BBQ model or not with upgraded front mount burger grill. I personally would never own one, although I wouldn't mind a 180sx. Wink
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 13:38]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha this thread is like trying to read a novel, haha who cares toyotas are the best cars in the world Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Fri, 15 April 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this point in time, i suggest we all relax, kick back, and enjoy what the lord gave us as eye-candy.

we shall now all enjoy the gift which are: boobs.

Eldar.O.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chased by VL ROAD RAGE! Sat, 16 April 2005 00:01 Go to previous message
Apollo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 23:37

Ok, it seems you still don't know what I'm talking about.

1. There's a billion and one commodores on the road.
2. There's a billion minus one skylines on the road.

Anyway, I don't care that you own one, ('line) I don't care if it's the BBQ model or not with upgraded front mount burger grill. I personally would never own one, although I wouldn't mind a 180sx. Wink

Yeah, since I've gotten my 'line I've noticed there's actually a fair few around in some suburbs/areas - More than I thought when I bought it anyway. They're hardly in the plague-proportions that falcodores roam in though dude - I'd guess the ratio would be around 30:1 ! ! I'm not worried either way, coz I bought it for its performance, and I have a soft spot for its looks. Nice Intercooler description ! ! ! Laughing I can honestly say that cracked me up!

There's plenty of cars out there I think are great (speed, build quality, looks, whatever, etc) that I'd never own in a pink fit! Don't know what my point is, but I've said it anyway . . Eye Spin

I'd go a "SilEighty" - never did like the popup headlight treatment on the 180sx, which is strange - coz I really like it on most other cars! Surprised

Peace-out Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 16 April 2005 00:03]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ae86 Carbon Fibre Dash
Next Topic:Metrinch Tools
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 00:18:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.044443130493164 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.