Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shano2
Regular

July 2002
Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Wed, 11 December 2002 12:05 Go to next message
What's going on? Is it the car accident season or something.

Driving through Blacktown this arvo and car in front turned right so I went to go round him to the left (there was a painted overtaking lane on the left specifically at that point for that side street) and got beside him and stopped as there was a Council street sweeping truck about 30ft ahead.
The guy beside me kept rolling so I couldn't fit between them as the guy in the truck decided he would clean the street in reverse at this point. My car was hanging out to the right of his truck by about 1/3 and I was franticly flashing my lights, blowing my horn and waving my arms but the tool kept coming. Threw it in reverse but could only go a short distance as there was another car that had come up behind me........he kept coming CRUNCH!!!! Three days before Saturday nights cruise >:

http://www.billzilla.org/shanesprang1.JPG

http://www.billzilla.org/shanesprang2.JPG

Two broken headlights, phucked grille, bumper, AC condensor and receiver dryer, bonnet, bent radiator support, slightly bent guard.

The dipshit driver, when asked if he was looking at the nice shiny TV screen that shows him exactly what's behind him from the video camera mounted on the back of the truck said :
-"Oh no I wasn't looking at that..........but I was looking at my mirrors"
-"If you had been looking in your mirrors you would have seen me flashing my lights at you" (seems logical doesn't it??)
-"Sorry didn't see ya"

Fortunately the Council have admitted liability and are going to pay for the repairs but that leaves me without headlights for Saturday night's cruise Sad .
I think I can bend things out of the way far enough to mount the headlights and make them useful again for the sake of the cruise and I have a drivers side headlight but does anyone in Sydney have a spare passangers side AE92 Seca headlight they want to part with? Or even loan for a few days as once the cruise is over the car will go straight to the Panel beater. I WILL NOT MISS THIS CRUISE!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Wed, 11 December 2002 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the spirit son!! Very Happy

Terrible to hear about your car though and hopefully you get it all fixed quickly and painlessly.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Wed, 11 December 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've has similar damage done to my sx - but by some suicidal 18 y/o girl who only had her licence 3 months. regardless it was a hell of a pain to sort out with my insurance, and ended up costing her ~$3200 (headlight/grill/guard/bumper etc - but i only had one damaged headlight luckily (it was at 11pm!)

hope you don't end up with the grief i had (go and make a police report, and hopefully you have witnesses you can count on!)

T
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Wed, 11 December 2002 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What have people got aginst seca's? Sad

Are we invisible or something? Confused

Fuck man! you're just unlucky, about 2 months ago i threw away a pair of Seca headlights (cracked plastic casing from a front ender) but they would have done the job for you.
shano2
Regular

July 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Thu, 12 December 2002 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid,

Yeah bugger it I ain't gunna miss out coz some other dickhead got his licence from a wheatbix packet. Smile I'll just beat everything sufficiently into place for the cruise then go about getting quotes after that. Ta.

Toby,

I just got an email back from Adam at Lander Toyota who has offered in another part of the forums to help out people with geuine parts etc. (Cheers Adam Very Happy) and the bumper, grille and bumper mounts only add up to around $390 plus still getting price for two headlights (that'll be the expensive bit).

I'm gunna try and insist on new and genuine parts as the other party have admitted liability and said to submit a quote directly to them and they'll pay for it.

Done the Police thing. I don't care how minor a prang is I'll always report it just to have it on record in case things turn into a shitfight (which it invariably does when you're dealing with a Council / govt. dept.). Witnesses however are a problem as both the car turning right that I was going around and the car the pulled up behind me didn't bother to stop. After exchanging details I drove up the street where the other car had turned and knocked on about a dozen doors where there was a car parked outside and it looked like there was someone home but couldn't find the car that was beside me, turning right. Hopefully this won't be a major drama as I spoke to the Council's insurance dude this morning they have already received the accident report from their own driver which they say is consistant with my version so they have said they'll pay for it. SOUNDS OK so far!!!

Julz,

Bugger!!! Oh well let the hunt begin (no pun intended Toby Smile). I already had a spare driver side light in the garage so I only need the passengers side.
Lumpyclod
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Fri, 13 December 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a small world man
You came to my door looking for a witness.
I was going to ask if you knew about toymods but didnt.
Anyways man hope it works out for you.
shano2
Regular

July 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Sat, 14 December 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAAARK!!! Sure is. Smile

You must've been the guy I spoke to up the end of the street on the bend?

Thanks it's all looking OK so far but forgive me for being sceptical about it being easy to sort out stuff like this when a Govt. Dept. is involved Rolling Eyes
Lumpyclod
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Pranged Seca....Help (must be the season for it) Sat, 14 December 2002 06:13 Go to previous message
Yeh Im the guy on the bend.
I would have do the same thing man, stupid council Mad .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For the AE86 fans
Next Topic:Retreads--Are they good value? opinions...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 16:04:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050680637359619 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.