Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 06:49 Go to next message
It's all over the rear window of my car and i dont want to damage the perfectl working demister. I have heard of a trick with a hairdryer. Has anyone got any ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
razor blade
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like fun Laughing

Dos that involve the hairdryer or will it come off easily without it?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its how my uncle removed the stuff of my corona off the rear window which is pretty large, i think it was just dry, he was told to do it like that by a mate and there isn't a scratch on the window.
Double D eucalyptus oil can be used to remove any residual glue left over works a treat.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Won't a razor blade also remove your demister?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
point-in-case
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the professionals steam it off. but if it is old crappy purple tint like what i had it will flake and not peel. thats where the real fun begins
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sisters tints were the shits, heat gun and a plexiglass scraper were the order of the day, took a bit of shitting around but got it all off.

heat up the tint (from the outside, and run the plexiglass scraper straight under the edge...

plexiglas scrapers are basically a bit of plexiglass or lexan or whatever, and cut at an engle on one of the ends, this end is what you use to peel it up..

great thing is, wont scratch glass, and demister will stay intact Smile

she got new tints, and they look awesome.

Eldar.O.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easyest way for a back window is genuine windex all over the inside of the tint then a garbage bag cut open pushed over it leave it in the sun on a hot day or get a fan heater going on it inside and out for an hour or so and then pick a corner up with a blade and it will all peal off as a sheet Smile
Youbloodybeauty
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put ammonia under a plastic bag and leave it to soak in.

doityourself.com/auto/automotivetintremoval.htm
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: How to remove old "purple" tint Mon, 18 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous message
Paint thinners ams teh winnar... But FFS, DON'T get it on anything else (Carpet/Plastic etc etc)
It will literally melt the stuff off...
Most of the time it's easier to take the "tint" off as others have said with a hair dryer and scraper, and use the paint thinners for removing the shitty ass glue...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:electrical problem - help me out!
Next Topic:compatibility between radiators
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 21:19:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.098526000976562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.