Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets? Thu, 21 April 2005 13:39 Go to next message
Does anyone know the difference between these 3 types of gaskets? Are they meant for particular applications (ie NA or turbo) or is it just the actual material construction? Is one better than the others? I did a search but didn't come up with much. Cheers guys.

Eddie.
  Send a private message to this user    
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets? Thu, 21 April 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are certainly different designs that accomplish the same thing, some better then others, but that stuff is just advertising BS for the most part.

and the japanese sites selling HG's/gaskets have convoluted translations on top of their BS.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets? Fri, 22 April 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allencr wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 00:46

there are certainly different designs that accomplish the same thing, some better then others, but that stuff is just advertising BS for the most part.

and the japanese sites selling HG's/gaskets have convoluted translations on top of their BS.

Could you elaborate on the bit in bold? Which one or ones are better than the others and why? Cheers.

Eddie.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets? Fri, 22 April 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at this page on HKS's website
http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=732

Personally if I were buying a HKS gasket (which I probably will in the near future) I would go the stopper type gasket simply because in my head it seems the most structurally sound (and is the only type available for the 3SGTE).
I won't enter into any arguements about what is "the best" because we could be here all day, however, I will say that when properly installed any one of these three types of gaskets would most likely copy with whatever any of us is likely to throw at them.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stopper/Bead/Grommet type head gaskets? Fri, 22 April 2005 11:24 Go to previous message
ARP studs and a good stock gasket if your engine is tuned and built correctly will last for years
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2T-G 1940CC: carbs/injection/quad throttle...?
Next Topic:Oxy setup costs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 11:12:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044069290161133 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.