Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » eastern creek figure drift track ( now with link to pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
eastern creek figure drift track ( now with link to pics) Wed, 20 April 2005 01:32 Go to next message
ok peeps i am thinking of going to the drift day at eastern creek to spectate, is it any good to spectate at ie as good as oran park, and where do you specatate from ie top of the driver training building or off the pan itself. I will be bringing the camera, still don't have a better scanner as am looking at getting another car so money is being saved for that. Anyway just wanna here ppl's opinion's on the track and whether its good to spectate on or because its just a figure 8 does it get a little boring ie not as many variable lines as at oran.

PS to those toymodders going wanna post a pic of your car here so i know what it looks like a so i can come and say hi and two so i can take some pictures of it for you.
Oh and whats the food sitch at eastern creek is there a van like at oran or a permanent kitchen down near the pits for the track. When i did a driving course there it was all catered for so it didn't matter

Here the link http://www.initialdrift.com.au/forums/viewtopic.ph p?t=3013&start=30

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2005 07:29]

Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Wed, 20 April 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was a bit small. Much prefered oran park.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Wed, 20 April 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO IT, DO IT!!!! I've been to pretty much every IDA event including the Eastern Creek ones in the past 6 or 7 months. Visually its not as good as Oran Park at all but still fun and its free to watch! Plus my boyfriend John is lending me his car again so I can drift! Cool

This is a picture of me in John's car. It'd be awesome if you can get some pics for me!

http://www.pixpond.com/pix2/IMGP6228.JPG

As for food there is kind of a permanent van in the main parking lot but someone usually someone does a Maccas run at lunch time.

Most people watch from either on top of the roof or the stairs or around outside of the track but you can come down to the pits and say hi the IDA guys are really friendly just walk up to any of them wearing shirts with "official" on the back and introduce yourself.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i am coming was supposed to be going fishing on Monday with my sis's boyfriend but managed to talk him into coming to this instead, he is a car nut too and has provided me with plenty of free tickets to the V8's.
So will try and get some photos for you INDI, anyone else from toymods going that you know of, my sis's boyfriend will probably bring his digital camera so might see if he can burn any pics he takes on to a CD so i can upload them as well for you guys.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what day is this on?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this saturday
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 12:01

this saturday

all day?

'cause I probably wont be able to get down there until around 12 midday 1pm

Would it still be worth going down?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.initialdrift.com.au/forums/viewtopic.ph p?t=2600
yes it is run from 9am-5pm
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it goes all day, the morning session is a wet track, the afternoon session is a dry track. As a spectator the afternoon session is much better as most of the cars continually spin out on the wet track. I'll most likely only be doing the morning session as John's under-powered hachi needs a bit of a running start to drift properly in the dry and the skid circuit is too small to do that, but I'll see how it goes and decide on the day whether or not to do the dry session as well.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there is another one there in the future when i don't have uni i am contemplating buying some cheap steelies and throwing them on my rona, one tyres will last longer, and the wet shouldn't be as hard on the car, plus its just easier to get it sideways.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The next one there is 18 June.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll have end of term exams on then noooo.....
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch! The next one after that isnt until 26 November!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That thread doesnt mention any spectator entry costs.... am I right to assume it's free to spectate?

(please dont hurt me... ill stop spamming in your thread soon)

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectating is free but you could of checked the link i provided for you and read that i asked the same question and was told yes its free woot.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, just read the first page. my bad.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 21 April 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 12:30

Ouch! The next one after that isnt until 26 November!

hmmm that one is a little better is the weekend after final exam week for next semester at uni and probably would be finished the week before, although i could have a new car by then. But yeah i'll keep 26 of Nov in mind might be good to let of steam after exams.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Sun, 24 April 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone get any pics?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Sun, 24 April 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took my camera and have pics of your car my sis's boyfriend had his digi cam and i am getting him to burn all his photos on a CD, i was gonna get them developed today but forgot to take the film to the shop, i will be studying next weekend so maybe the weekend after i will put the pics up
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Sun, 24 April 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and we have plans, we had a group of five ppl there and they have plans to take my rona out which i'm not quite to sure about and one a has a old ford with a cleveland and he is either gonna finish it and drift it or get another car to drift, they also have plans with me getting another car to drift and using my rona as my daily, or my plan of possibly just saving a bit more and getting a good car possibly r33 GTST to have some fun with occasionally.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Tue, 26 April 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL its addictive isnt it! Do it, do it! I wish I had've taken my old XD out for a thrash in the wet session before I got rid of it last year just for something different. Would've been fun. You should have come down and introduced yourself I was looking around trying to figure out which one was you.

Oh and PICSORBAN!!!!!! Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Tue, 26 April 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on my car status, and tracking down tyres i might do the november one in the wet, think of it as a send off for the old girl.
Didn't really have a chance to come and chat cos we had a group there so talked with them, only time i was on my own was to take photos, we sat up the top of the stairs closest to the medical centre, although most of the time i was down on the fence trying to get some pics.
They will be up in two weeks time so looks like you'll have to wait for pics.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Thu, 28 April 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics? Very Happy haha I know I'm impatient but you'll understand once you get out there yourself, you really have no idea about how well you're doing until you get feedback from people watching or can see pics or vids of it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track Fri, 29 April 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't even got the film developed yet, my mum is putting it in today. i have an exam next week that i will study for this weekend and a assignmnet to do the weekend after so its gonna be a while.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: eastern creek figure drift track ( now with link to pics) Sat, 30 April 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
link added in original post
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: eastern creek figure drift track ( now with link to pics) Sun, 01 May 2005 05:14 Go to previous message
Great pics thanks! Cool I'll stop bothering you now hahaha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Al Pacino VS a Real mobster
Next Topic:one for the corolla haters
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 04:33:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044848918914795 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.