Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 06:33 Go to next message
Hey guys i am after the voltage output on the throttle positioning sensor on the 7mgte. I have worked out both wires on the tps harness side and my larger ford 3 inch throttle body that has three wires. But however the voltage outputs are somewhat of a difference some i need to put some resistors in place. I just need to know

Voltage output on the tps plug harness side?

And ohm's output on the tps itself. (at closed and open throttle).

If anyone could help me it would be great.

New engine and i have a problem wiring it up.

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a switch or a variable type?
overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure it is a variable type
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wire it up and the voltage should be around .4 to .7 volts

i would not go puttin resistors it will adjust the settings at one spot but then might stuff the settings everywhere else

most tps voltages are similar i dont know what yr prob is

ford tps's are used on shitloads of aftermarket ecus and they work the same
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please somone tell me if im wrong but isnt it just a little easyer to put the 7m tpos back on rather then try and re-invent the wheel???
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 18:33

please somone tell me if im wrong but isnt it just a little easyer to put the 7m tpos back on rather then try and re-invent the wheel???

Yes...

Also, resistors don't change voltage, they change resistance... So You'll stuff the readings up on the ECU...
overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you know it all, you would know the the ford throttle body turns clockwise and the 7mgte one turns anti clockwise. So that is no help as i have already looked at modifying the standard one.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TPS like the ford and 7mgte unit are - if they are 3 pin - pretty much universal in behaviour... but..

if the direction of the ford throttle is opposite to the toyota, simply swap wires 1 & 3 in the tail wires of the toyota tps - this way you don't worry about trying to calibrate a different TPS

fwiw: megasquirt has in it's tuning software a simple TPS calibration tool - it just takes two readings (WOT and shut) and that's all you need to use a different TPS.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Sun, 24 April 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overboostin007 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 23:06

Well if you know it all, you would know the the ford throttle body turns clockwise and the 7mgte one turns anti clockwise. So that is no help as i have already looked at modifying the standard one.

extend the shaft on the other side of the throttle body
overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Mon, 25 April 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't really extend the shaft on the other side as that is where the throttle cable links up to. No mounting point as it moves.

AS for the output on the ford one. I have tried putting a 20 pot variable resistor in place to change the input voltage therefor cahnge output within reason. But have not had success yet.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Mon, 25 April 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant see what ypour problem is

sounds like u are goin to technical with what the job requires

nearly every tps runs about .5 volts closed and 4 volts fully open

put the black wire to earth which is brown on toyota loom

now u have 2 other choices

put it one way then on the signal wire u will get .5 volts then up to 4 vots when openin throttle

if it is wrong then u will get 4 volts at closed and .5 volts fully open

who cares what resistance and shit is

what voltage goes is depends what comes out

only prob might be gettin to much voltage say over 4 at full throttle

just wire it up and see

make sure u have 5 volts input and not 12

i have done many aftermarket ecus with ford tps sensors and its not as complicated as what u make it

overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
Re: 7MGTE TPS VOLTAGE OUTPUT NEEDED Mon, 25 April 2005 01:35 Go to previous message
that's what i needed to know what the values should be on open and closed and we had them all about faced. Now we should be right thanks mate cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age cooling system Help
Next Topic:supra keep stalling T_T
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 18:07:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09534215927124 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.