Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » motor probs -56k warning...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 05:39 Go to next message
hey i know this isnt really isnt much to do with cars but hey its about motor ay...
well i purchased a 5hp kawasaki lawn mower motor over the w/e got it home stuck fuel into it blew white smoke for abit till it got warm.... after abit its outa of oil.... so top it up run it runs kinda well.
then i notice that the throttle controls have been butchered and wat we thought we were using as a thrttole was the choke then we found wat could make it rev etc etc.
know when its running it flucturates... its idles then will scream n start running extreme high revs then make down to low revs then too high holds it then drops till it nearly dies.... i've played with fuel mix's etc to c if this will fix the problem... but it runs a constant n misses a beat every couple of rotations

also when ever u give it abit of poke it go like a 2 stroke and kinda dies then kicks in.. but its a 4 stroke.

im using this motor on a go kart... and i need it to run well. i was thinkn that i will need to rip of all the trottle stuff and re work it to see if that will work...

ne one with any ideas....
seems like it will b a nice powerful motor to use for go kart but just need it to run....

HELP.....
i thought that maybe i need to a: rebuild carb or b: get a new carb - but if i do this i may aswell rebuild the motor n attach a turbo like i was planning... just for kix...

cheers
hope u can help
-jeff

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 07:12]

Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i dont know if this helps but my mower did this once had a crack in the throttle control hose thing that lets more air in i guess.. it would rev real hi and then drop down and i wouldnt be touchin it
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go cart is interesting.

have you got a design in mind? Very Happy
this is a possible future project I wouuld like to attempt.
though with a slightly larger engine Very Happy
motorcycle for example :DDDDDD
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u want pics of my design hey... well design ur own haha lol joke... nah pretty easy just make sure its strong... mine is very different too every one elses coz u sit over the motor.. other wise i would have 1 huge bitch of a go kart....

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/members/files/h3ff4420050331162301pslfile1.jpg

its not as tall as it looks and ive know got the front end done.

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/members/files/h3ff4420050426170053pslfile1.jpg

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/members/files/h3ff4420050426170801pslfile1.jpg

^^^ this is wat the intake carb setup is like.. i read some where that theses motors do this from standard - its something to do with emitions stuff
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that thing gunna roll wen u throw it round a corner ? lol

wats the piece of machinery in the 2nd foto the engine in the background

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 07:13]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha i hope not thats y the tract at the rear is as wide as possible lol.... Laughing i wanted to be different
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yep!
sure looks unstable!
but im loving documentation Very Happy
ive not looked into anything, its just an idea yanno Smile
wait for a nice engine donour to raise its head!

got a good place to get wheels from? Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that will be SOOOOO tipy, there is a reason thay dont build carts like that
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 word..... EBAY Laughing thats where i got motor wheels brake steering wheel... only cost me 265.01 lol rather than 500bux brand new rim n tires... another 4-500 for the motor brake brand new 200bux

so iv saved myself about 800bux
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs Tue, 26 April 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate double posts....

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 07:57]

setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the engine is down low..
some low weight ballast..
but still!
give me 2 or 3 metre track on the rears! Very Happy
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
high rise go-kart

or

speedy wheel chair??

That seat should be like 10cm from the ground, not a metre.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasn't built for speed was built for crusing aroudn.. n being different....

bump.... ne one know about carb issues?
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 18:34

high rise go-kart

or

speedy wheel chair??

That seat should be like 10cm from the ground, not a metre.

its not a metre.... its 500mm

http://barstoolracing.net/

i would consider it a speedy wheel chair...
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedy Wheel Chair! Speedy Wheel Chair! Smiley =

/hijack
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Tue, 26 April 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
respect Cool cool project imho.

id pull apart the carby, clean it out, whatever. Probably an air leak or clogged jet. Good luck Smile
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Wed, 27 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...
yeah ive been told to rebuild the carb also been told to spray carb cleaner through it...

becuase if i have to up grade the carb i may aswell just do as i said above. *turbo* Laughing haha yeah thats rite.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 05:52]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Wed, 27 April 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you checked the ignition system is not to blame for misfires?

from there i would seriously consider taking the carby off for a cleanup, if you can get away with it, just reuse the gaskets unless they wont seal too well again, you only want to see if it runs good.

beyond that, get a new carby.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: motor probs -56k warning... Wed, 27 April 2005 09:27 Go to previous message
ive got the carb off atm.... the butterflies have got soo much crud on them so there not opening n shutting properly.....
the internals look pretty good but just need to get the choke steup n throttle setup.... prob give it a bit of a clean see wat happens..

i want to clean motor too make it look new.... rather than having dirt n grass stuck on it..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gti - or 101 brake min thickness
Next Topic:4ac water pump problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 07:55:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053608417510986 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.