Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Road Rage Rant Mon, 25 April 2005 17:53 Go to next message
Just a rant about some wanker in his Pulsar...

Ok so I'm coming home from work and about to turn left at a set of lights down a slip lane type thing then merge onto the highway. As I approach the corner I see the lights change green and the highway traffic starts coming, so I kick it into 3rd to get around the corner and into the lane b4 its too late and I have to wait for peak hour to go past.

Before merging I make one last check over my shoulder to make sure that I'm not going to cut off the oncoming traffic, I'm clear so I move in. Next thing I know some wanker in his pulsar screams up behind from about 10m and starts flashing his high beams at me.

I think yeah what a dick and keep going. Now I need to move across to the right lane to get to my next turn. theres a car next to me so I speed up to get in front and move across.

I check again to see that I'm clear to change lanes, As I'm about to move across the dick in the pulsar over takes me from the left shoulder and moves in front of me then slams on his breaks, I had just enough room to change lanes in time to avoid running up his arse. and he braked hard enough for the cars in that lane behind us to need to slow down so as not to hit him too.

Now I know I didn't cut him off at the lights. I think he was just pissed cos he could thrash his pulsar, but overtaking and breaking heavily?!?

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?

"end rant"
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe, this is just typical Canberra driving on display. Everyone is an arrogant madman in a rush to go nowhere in their underperforming shite box.

Just laugh at them and know that they will go through their whole lives being strugglers with no idea and a shit box car.

I seriously think a lot of the older males that drive around with poor attitude are just annoyed to see someone in a nice car when they are resigned to a life in a Bommadore wagon with a troll for a wife and two screaming kids in the back Laughing

Take it easy and avoid the rage Smile

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ditto to that.

Usually the road rage ones are the type that aren't going anywhere anyway.

And they get pissed easily because they only have a bommadore to carry around the troll wife and the 2 screaming kids..

Makes me wonder why people have kids and wives if they are such a hassle.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta watch dem white vans too- seen some real nutters...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drive a white van, ive never cut anyone off, im not an angel but i try to be curteous, i always signal on time, and i wait for people to let me in, as opposed to forcing them to do so.

My friend, also, drives a pulsar, he is much the same as me.

and the reason most bad drivers are driving falcadores, is that the majority of drivers are driving falcadores.

i could sit here and bore you with all the shit ive had happen to me, but im content to sit here and twiddle my thumbs.

Eldar.O.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apologies eldarO- when i say "nutter" i mean they drive rather fast...not wanting anyone to take offense *sticks foot in mouth* Embarassed
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prrrmeow wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 15:45

apologies eldarO- when i say "nutter" i mean they drive rather fast...not wanting anyone to take offense *sticks foot in mouth* Embarassed

i didnt take offence, im just saying Razz im never in a rush, give me my music and ill do 40 on the freeway Very Happy

van drivers have a reason, not an excuse but a reason, most of them are on a tight schedule with deliveries to make and such...

they have to rush to make the tight ass deadlines they get, its the same deal with teh taxi drivers!

Eldar.O.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm...yeah i should have taken that into consideration...

but i have seen the odd one here and there drive exceptionally fast...like really, really fast, late at night...
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prrrmeow wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 17:14

gotta watch dem white vans too- seen some real nutters...

Two "Ethnic" males driving a white van followed some of my brtohers friends to our house and started accusing them of stuff they didn't do.

Long story short, after a hit and run (minor bumps and bruises) we are now 60grand richer and they fled the counrty.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I HATE how people say "commodore drivers" have road rage...uhm...in my experience in life, i dunno maybe its just mine, but its usually the person behind the wheel who has most of the rage? Like i don't sit in a falcon and have the sudden urge to start slamming on the brakes and pushing people out of lanes, do you?
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 20:08

I HATE how people say "commodore drivers" have road rage...uhm...in my experience in life, i dunno maybe its just mine, but its usually the person behind the wheel who has most of the rage? Like i don't sit in a falcon and have the sudden urge to start slamming on the brakes and pushing people out of lanes, do you?

i'll admit- i get angry as a passenger sometimes too- but i don't go ballistic slamming brakes and so forth
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, but what iw as trying to say, commodores and falcons don't make people angry, people make people angry, cars have nothign to do with it.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they do (sorry- bit slow today...need sleep....)

but depending on the situation, some ppl shouldn't take other ppl's stupidity/blindess or watever to heart- that's when s!@# goes down. But yeah, there are some ppl out the who simply should not be let loose on the roads, simply for the fact that they like to be d!@#heads...(hope some of that makes sense Embarassed )
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Road Rage Rant Tue, 26 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the amount of times ive had road rage against me because some faggot behind me doesnt like me going the speed limit...

i now carry either a trolley pole or a 12" shifter with me at all times, failing that, i bring both.

PURELY for defense purposes, id rather be caught with a weapon than without one.

Eldar.O.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 21:56

i now carry either a trolley pole or a 12" shifter with me at all times, failing that, i bring both.

Agreed Smile
Two trolley poles have taken their resting place under my seats Wink
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the saying goes
"better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one"
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good ol'trolly bars. work a treat. I like to keep a tomahawk with me most times.....it lives under my pillow...................but in the car when im travelling and sleeping in the car on tha side of the road.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd only use a weapon if there was a group of said offenders, or if the other person had a weapon.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screw that, i wouldnt directly act offensively to the person but if they attacked me then ill use whatever i can get...

Don't pull that honest "proper" 'ill only fight chivalrously with my fists'

... because how do you know if the guy hits you and you go down he isnt going to kick you to death? or kick you in the head repeatedly? or smash your rib cage?

You don't know...

So There's no way i'm going to judge people if they want to keep a bar or tyre iron under their seat...

It's your life...

And it's a sad world we live in when we have to worry about people trying to drag you out of your car and beating you up at the next intersection because you were driving a little under the speed limit / at the speed limit in a nice car
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Road Rage Rant Wed, 27 April 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your walking up to someone, and they're holding a weapon, and your smart, you wont start shit....

ths is the basis of my reasoning, anything beyond said action will result in attacker having one less testicle after the incident, seeing as my foot would find a temporary home in his genetalia.

its stupid to get angry about driving, its even stupider to want to fight someone, yet, stupider than THAT leaves you with the option to either back away or most likely end up in hospital.

i hate fighting, but i realise that other people do not see it this way.

Eldar.O.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Fri, 29 April 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It makes no sense when reading these things. Why would the guy come out of nowhere and want to intentionally cause a write-off rear ender?
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Fri, 29 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My point exactly. and if I had have hit him it would have been at about 60-70k's I don't think it would have been pretty.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Fri, 29 April 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 13:27

My point exactly. and if I had have hit him it would have been at about 60-70k's I don't think it would have been pretty.

Yes it is strange indeed. He'd get no insurance payout while you would, and he'd be up for any hospital bills. Ah well, small brains I guess. Wink
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Road Rage Rant Sat, 30 April 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insurance companies tend to think that rear enders are always the fault of the car behind. If you hit him when he slammed on his brakes, you would have to prepare for a fight (with the insurance company I mean Smile )

You don't have to go far in Canberra to find a dickless moron in a shitbox that has nothing better to do than try to intimidate other motorists.....
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Road Rage Rant Sat, 30 April 2005 08:30 Go to previous message
I wouldn't, because im not scared. Theres no way i'd use a weapon, i think its just wrong, and really girly. OK so i sound a bit macho macho but im serious.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:funny videos my boss sent me, now with all my videos as well
Next Topic:The 'F' word
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 21:36:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063769817352295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.