Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 06:27 Go to next message
can anybody tell me what the 2tg puts out power wise? Also does the t18 diff come with leaf spring mounts? Anybody know about fitting a 2tg into a ke20 or ke25?
  Send a private message to this user    
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a 2tgue is about 120 hp at the fly wheel witch is about 85 or so kw. and as far as i no a t-18 diff is coil but not hard to cut them off and weld in leaf mounts thats what i plan to do if i break one more dam borg diff Mad
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 2tgeu retrofitted with dellorto dhla 40's, and with the engine standard apart from the carbs, it was dyno tuned and got 105hp at the wheels, not sure if it would put out more with injection tho. If your going to get one, try find a 2tgeu as they had the best head with the biggest valves
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dominator wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 21:19

I have a 2tgeu retrofitted with dellorto dhla 40's, and with the engine standard apart from the carbs, it was dyno tuned and got 105hp at the wheels, not sure if it would put out more with injection tho. If your going to get one, try find a 2tgeu as they had the best head with the biggest valves

they actually had the gheyest head with the smallest valves, lowest comp and useless domed pistons, the carbi ones are more powerful
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The 2TGEU and 18RGEU had the reinforced heads, bigger valves, and the lowest compression (pistons)". (http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Information/2t g_18rg_3tg_tech_notes.htm). I know they have lower compression but I was talking about the head

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 12:01]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 2tg questions Thu, 28 April 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually...

> all 2T-G except for the 220 head have the SAME sized valves. Refer Jonny's Corolla site.
> CelicaRA45 has posted flowbench results indicating later heads were marginally improved.
> Later models had lower compression and less power accordingly. Refer Jonny's Corolla site again.
> Only the latest model heads without casting numbers had the ghey offset combustion chambers.

Don't post crap.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 2tg questions Fri, 29 April 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when building a 2tg/3t hyrbid has anyone tried using the 3t block with crank and all that as opposed to taking the 3t crank out and puttin into 2tg block?

Cheers, Calvin
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: 2tg questions Fri, 29 April 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone tried putting a sc12 or sc14 on one of these? if they have what were the effects and was it an easy job.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2tg questions Fri, 29 April 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Assuming your carbs are properly tuned, injection will not increase the power.

seeyuzz
river
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: 2tg questions Fri, 29 April 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kdogg wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 14:44

has anyone tried putting a sc12 or sc14 on one of these? if they have what were the effects and was it an easy job.

Want to once I get a 2tg in and then after a long while of fabricating/designing and stuff lol! Itd be awesome! Smile
Thanks
Troy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2tg questions Fri, 29 April 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kdogg,

Yes mate the SC12 has been done. Tim Frost's "4S FED" used to run an SC12 mounted via a modified A/ braket. Track down Hot 4's issue 44 from 1999 with his car and an oh so rootable photo shoot model on the cover. BTW it turned 126rwhp.

The Dominator,

A stock 2TG does NOT produce 105hp at the rear wheels ! Either its modified, your being creative or you need to Slap your Dyno opperator !

Hokey/Calvin,

Yeah mate very common and works no problem a all. Just remember you need to transfer all the timing gear out of the 2TG block and don't forget the half shaft.

And September Squall,

You got it in one dude Smile

Guys, There is more 2T-G and 2T-GEU info on these forums than you will find at any Toyota dealership or anywhere else for that matter, so do a few searches, have a look around and good luck !
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Sat, 30 April 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall, I was just quoting from a site which I trust, after reading a few other sites, I found out you are in fact correct and that the only head with different valves were the really early ones. The latest model 2tgeu head did come with double valve springs tho. I guess there are advantages and disadvantages which each model of engine.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2005 03:30]

The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Sat, 30 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kdogg, The engine itself was stock at the time although I forgot to mention that the exhaust had been upgraded with extractors ect, this would probly explain the 105hp. I can upload the dyno sheet if you like

Ben
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: 2tg questions Sat, 30 April 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the 2tg's were rated at about 115-120 hp at the flywheel?

http://www.geocities.com/jonnyr_1973/2tg-info.html

If you loose 30% throught the drive train, that would make a standard donk somewhere between 75-90hp at the wheels?

I am not saying anyones wrong. I have a 2tg with an exhaust, I hope mines putting out over 100hp at the wheels!!!
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Sat, 30 April 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman, Yea I have read that as well which is why I was pleased to get 105hp. I will post the dyno sheet for you to look at, but I can guarantee you that the engine internals were all stock and the only mods were the twin dellortos and exhaust. This was with the mechanical fan as well which I have since replaced with an electric one.
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 2tg questions Sun, 01 May 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
105hp at the wheels from a standard 2TG? No offence but not bloody likely. Dyno sheets mean nothing because results can be fudged.

There's a recent thread in this section about power outputs from these engines. After 10 years as a Toyota trained mechanic, having worked for one of the top rally teams in the country and rebuilt over 50 Toyota engines, I think I have some sort of an idea of what these engines are capable of. If there is someone out there getting that much power out of a standard 2TG can they come to Canberra and tune my rally car!

Geoff

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 04:42]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg questions Sun, 01 May 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 20:40

Hi,

Assuming your carbs are properly tuned, injection will not increase the power.

seeyuzz
river

Assuming that you mean peak power, then this statement is very likely correct. When considering power at all different load levels and throttle angles, then this is probably not the most accurate statement.
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Sun, 01 May 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geoff, I am not making anything up, with all these doubts about the output, it makes me think whether the dyno was in fact accurate. When I took it in to get it tuned, it was 18hp less than when I left. The guy is pritty experienced with tuning carbs. I am just saying what my dyno results said.

Ben
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2tg questions Sun, 01 May 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

I'm sure you do have a graph that says 105hp but a stock 2TG would expect to make high 50 - low 60rwkw readings. (ie 70-90rwhp) and the 90 rwhp would be something special !

Take a look through the Dyno day history thread in the under 1800cc N/A Class. You have to kepp in mind that different types of Dyno's measure it a little differently and the readigs are only accurate if the dyno is used correctly.

More importantly tho a dyno is a tuning tool, not a measuring stick. no two dyno's will read exactly the same altho at least the Dyno dynamic chassis dyno's when used properly are getting more repeatable.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 13:13]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2tg questions Sun, 01 May 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Dyno Day history thread is here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=26848

BTW, Who by and where was the dyno tune done ?, What sort of dyno was it and was your car strapped onto the rollers ? Just curious. Thanks Smile
The Dominator
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 2tg questions Mon, 02 May 2005 00:05 Go to previous message
I got the dyno done at 'The Chequered Flag' in Wellington (New Zealand). The dyno was a 'dynopack' from memory. It didn't use rollers, the machine was connected directly to the hubs.

Ben
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SA63 - T Series to F Series Swap Over
Next Topic:OIL CATCH CAN --- WHAT SHOULD I USE AS FILTER
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 23:15:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075418949127197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.