Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » The final AW11 4A-GTE thread?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Mon, 09 May 2005 12:02 Go to next message
Well, I've been researching how to turbo my AW11SC MR2, read thru everything that came up with the search...Few questions:

CA18DET manifold: what's involved in making this suit the MR2 engine bay?

Log-style manifold: looks restrictive, how good are they really? (could make one of these easily)

Similar-length manifold: Does anyone have measurements, how hard is it...all that kinda stuff.

Clearances: how the hell do I get it in there?

What turbo to use (I've been recommended the late-model S14 turbo (supposed to be steel-wheel, ball bearing).

And anything else anyone thinks is relevant or important. The key with this is low lag, good efficiency, and good economy.

Cheers guys.
RM
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Mon, 09 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude if I was you I would jump into the General car talk section and find the AW11 owners anonymous thread, have a look around that, there are a few guys there with 4agte mr2's they can give you some advise.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Tue, 10 May 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t28 good turbo for 4agze but if you want good spool up then maybee a t25 is the answer for you

as for getting a ca18det manifold to fit a 4agze good luck just make a custom one

the engine bay is pleanty big wiht people being able to fit gt30s in there

log style manifolds are fine tuned length manifolds are overated
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Tue, 10 May 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuned length manifolds arent over rated....I've had both and have found the tuned length to flow a hell of a lot better.

As for your choice of turbo, i would go for the s15 gt28bb. I made 177kwatw with one of these. Not too much lag and it pretty much went hard.

Get a custom made plenum made up. They are pricey but worth it.

If you got anymore questions just ask Smile I asked a lot of them when i built mine.

Oh, and dont beleive eveything you hear from people about this conversion. Lots of people are quick to tell you how to spend your money but havent even done it themselves.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Tue, 10 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and remember, if your going to do something... do it right the first time. Otherwise you end up spending double.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Tue, 10 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ Laughing Laughing

and remember doing it right first time doesnt mean spending a fortune either, research your options first. Wink

from my research when i was doing the 4agte, log manifolds are capable of up to around 350hp. sure a equal/tuned length manifold should give you more in the upper rev range over a log style and log style are spose to spool a little earlier than a equal/tuned length manifold.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Wed, 11 May 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont suppose you guys could post some engine bay pics of the various set ups you are running ?

I hope to actually see them soon enough but it may be helpful to those less fortunate.

however I can understand if you want to keep them under wraps.

PS i want to put some "ghetto" in my car, where do you think i should start Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Wed, 11 May 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 21:05

PS i want to put some "ghetto" in my car, where do you think i should start Laughing Laughing

The people you want to talk to about that are Spanktown and 4AGTE Laughing Laughing Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The final AW11 4A-GTE thread? Wed, 11 May 2005 13:21 Go to previous message
Quote:

I dont suppose you guys could post some engine bay pics of the various set ups you are running ?

got some pics of mine on here
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/237058/2

have tidied up the engine bay a little since then and added my ghetto PVC catch can. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:weight of 18rc, 1gge
Next Topic:Your opinions please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 21:49:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.045179843902588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.