Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kravit
Regular

March 2005

icon5.gif  Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 01:56 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I know no one seems to do sweet fuck all with 4AC engines.
So i was wondering could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts Razz?
Least more then what it has and be able to pull some wheel spin on the dry Laughing

I have one these in my ae86 sprinter:roll:, wasnt planin on keepin it, but maybe could do something to do to it until get all funds for whole conversion.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could work a 4ac to make more power than it actually does i think from memory people have supercharged (or tried to) them with a sc12 s/c from the 4agze but at the end of the day you will make more power cheaper with a 4age or 4agze conversion
sxturbo
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure the short answer to this is no, but with enough $$ anything is possible.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 4ac for the moment coz it has low ass km's, but i would never spend money on giving it guts, or lack of Rolling Eyes I can still get wheelspin, and even slide the car out in the dry...

Someone said its like getting blood out of a dry rock.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOS!

Just crank a bucket load of NOS into it bro! massive high horsepower shots, not the conservative 20-30hp types.

even if the motor only lasts 1 or 2 runs,. people are giving away 4acs everywhere, most of the time 2 at a time...

Just stockpile secondhand 4acs, and go nuts... just watch out you dont blow the welds on the intake
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 4ac with 56000km on it all original, if someones willing to swap Rolling Eyes for a decent 4age ill take it. Im waiting till it either starts dying out on me or reaches around 150000km Surprised
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sat, 21 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 14:24

just watch out you dont blow the welds on the intake

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stage 3 everything and overnight parts from Japan!
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Sun, 22 May 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

YES...

http://member.telpacific.com.au/sam/other/4acbeast.jpg

custom made extractors, gas carby, mazda easyloader filter, full exhaust, etc.. it sounded like the most bad ass 4ac you have ever heard, I actually prefered it over my current sound of my 4age in my other corolla!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Mon, 23 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I thought I was the only one silly enough to put one on gas...
.:AE86 Nut:.
Occasional Poster

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Thu, 26 May 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm currently in the build of a 4A-ZC (SC12 off a GZE). I started this off as an 'educational' project, but am now considering to build the ultimate carbied 1600 Corolla EVA! Nah jokes, but seriously, im building another engine which will have the cam reground, port and polished head, 350 Holley Carb (Jetted) n possibly some GZE pistons,rods and crank. I'm not going to spend more than $2,000 on the engine and see if it is comparable to the twin cam AE82's. Good luck with the build if you decide to go thru with it, PM me if you want to be kept updated.
Later
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Thu, 26 May 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly
cheap arsed turbo mod
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Could you actualy work over 4AC to give it some guts ? Fri, 27 May 2005 00:49 Go to previous message
The same things you would do to any NA motor to get it up and going. At the end of the day the concensus is that 4age is cheaper and better. Shit there is one for sale on these forums with ecu and other bits for $350. Thats cheaper than any mods you can do on your 4AC (eg porting head and intake, extractors, big carbs, cam grind, leccy ignition blah blah)

Or you could be really interesting and chuck a modded 3tc or 3t/2t hybrid in there. I'm currently turboing a 3TEU with a few basic internal mods. These suckers will mod to turbo easier than a 4ac.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:53]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Scraping noise from rear wheel
Next Topic:finally you can get h series race 4ag motors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 19:52:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034739971160889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.