Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
icon9.gif  Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 07:57 Go to next message
I've got the engine on an engine stand, and have managed to get the pulley mount bolt out.

Now how do I get the actual pulley off???

Looking in the tech docs on how to change the timing belt, it says use an 'SST'...
In the diagram it looks as if the crank pulley is threaded onto the crankshaft, so must be rotated off?
However it doesn't look threaded on the actual engine to me...

Anyone know how to get the $%^ off without a #$%^ SST??
I've tried just levering with a screwdriver, but nothing happening, don't want to break anything...

Any ideas appreciated, I'm new to all this.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:05]

Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
borrow or get a gear puller tool. they are cheap to buy at places like supercheap as you dont need the best one just one to use every now and then. or can try bit of wb40 and a rubber mallet to free it then wobble it side to side works most of the time!be careful not to hit hard on the outside edge of the pulley or wo can break pieces off.
mick
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i did that today, used the pulley remover and it was so stuck on, i had to tap it with a hammer and wind the pulley at the same time, slowly it came off, only to find my mild tapping with the hammer done some damagae Confused nothing serious, but gee i did not know they made it out of soft alloy Mad

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use a pulley remover tool that looks like this one.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/january02/images/pulley28.jpg

makes for easy work.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed very easy and easy to put back on if you have an impact wrench takes a few secs
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or if u have a rubber or soft coppe rhammer or wood or something, just get someone to pull on it while u work your way around it with the hammer slightly tapping out wards
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Wed, 25 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant even get the nut off to even start trying to rmove the actual pulley!!!!

f@#K its been pi55ing me off!!!
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Fri, 27 May 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys!
I ended up getting a pulley remover tool, too easy!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Fri, 27 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 09:19

i cant even get the nut off to even start trying to rmove the actual pulley!!!!

f@#K its been pi55ing me off!!!

get a braker bar or buy an impact wrench and compressor the super cheap ones work a treat considering their cost mines been going stong for a year now no probs
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Fri, 27 May 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can't get the bolt undone, consider using a socket wrench on the bolt, with a pipe to extend it to the floor, and use the starter motor to crack the first rotation of the bolt Smile It does work
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Sat, 28 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To get my bolt off I wedged a screwdriver through the pulley to hold it still, then just used a socket on a flex bar..
I was stuck for a while till I realised I could put the screwdriver through to stop the pulley turning..
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Sat, 28 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats a good way to do it. i put a nicely made block of wood in the crank to jam it up and then used my f**k off size breaker bar to loosen it, then i used a balancer removing tool and simply pulled it off. it was still a pain in the ass tho!!!
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Help!! How to remove crankshaft pulley on 4agze? Sat, 28 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous message
yeah thats my general theory..

but the first few times i tried, the socket somhow sliped off and i smashed my hand, now i have another scar on the hand/finger from working on the car... Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Celica rims - would they fit a Hilux
Next Topic:Garrett T28 Turbo ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 22:02:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062029361724854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.