AuthorTopic
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:07 Go to next message
Hey All,

havnt been on the forums in a while but i have decided to return, Very Happy

after muckin around on my mates bike if decided i want a motorbike aswell,

but i have absolutely no idea about bikes, so any information.. ANY, on what makes are the best, where to buy from, whats a good first bike for a lerner,

thanks all

NOLAN
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not walk into your local motor bike shop and ask the people in the know? even buy some bike mags and see whats out there.
prity easy.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because im sitting at my computer, im not at a bike store, or have free access to lots of wonderful bike magazines,

and scince there are lots of people on these forums i was thinking maybe some1 had some general bike knowledge,

see no so stupid now, ay?

NOLAN
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st off where are you going to use it ?
off road only ?
on road only ?
Or a combo of the 2 ?
And a trick my mates do
they buy a 400 cc(or bigger but not too big) bike and buy a 250 cc sticker kit and label it as a 250 cc
(for it to work the model bike you buy must also come in 250cc)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 21:44

1st off where are you going to use it ?
off road only ?
on road only ?
Or a combo of the 2 ?
And a trick my mates do
they buy a 400 cc(or bigger but not too big) bike and buy a 250 cc sticker kit and label it as a 250 cc

... why? Confused
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why what ?
why is the sky blue ? i have no idea
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 21:44

And a trick my mates do

...Why?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More power frm a bigger motor but u can still ride it on the rd if you have your L's
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 21:58

why what ?

The sky is blue because it reflects the colour of the sea. however, if you ask why is the sea blue, its because it reflects the colour of the sky!! get it!!!

anywayz, get a honda cbr250 , 4 stroke=less maintanance but still good for go.go. however for pure performance, rgv250
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 22:53

why what ?

The sky is blue because it reflects the colour of the sea. however, if you ask why is the sea blue, its because it reflects the colour of the sky!! get it!!!

haha nice, so i guess scattering is all a big coverup then
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yamaha and KTM make very fine bikes.

Eldar.O.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i went overseas to the my relo's, my uncles taught me how to ride on their 500cc kawasaki....was AWESOME fun. I was gonna get a bike at 16, but parents bought me a car so i dont get the bike Razz

Im pretty sure its still the same, but on your L's and P's you cant go over 250cc. There are a few good ones around, did you wanna buy new or used and what's your budget?

Very Happy
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki RGV250
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
from my 3rd person experience
you can only have a l or p plated bike up to a certian power to weight level and up to a certian weight
otherwise you cant have a 1200cc harley due to it weighing 2 tonne
if your buying it for just bush bashing etc go for what you can afford 125-250 is enough to scare th shit outta ya and possibly kill yourseilf with
if your after somethign for the road and for the farm traisl etc go fro a road trail combo

btw, last time i checked toyota owns yamaha Wink
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 21:20

see no so stupid now, ay?

who said you where stupid?
maybe you need one of them cute little 50cc scooters, i hear they are fully sik... Wink
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 23:10

jonchai wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 22:53

why what ?

haha nice, so i guess scattering is all a big coverup then

indeed Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Thu, 26 May 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 23:58

When i went overseas to the my relo's, my uncles taught me how to ride on their 500cc kawasaki....was AWESOME fun. I was gonna get a bike at 16, but parents bought me a car so i dont get the bike Razz

Im pretty sure its still the same, but on your L's and P's you cant go over 250cc. There are a few good ones around, did you wanna buy new or used and what's your budget?

Very Happy

nope in NSW now you can have up to 660cc but it has to be under a certain kw/tonne power to weight ratio.
yeh_yeh_whatever
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Fri, 27 May 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent

i got a 250cc learner legal ninja zxr250 for sale

http://forums.fastfours.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=938 56

thanks
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sat, 28 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you want dirt or road nolan?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sat, 28 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Info for Road bike;

I had a road bike, it was great fun except for the near misses i had daily (damn sydney drivers Sad )...anyay you firstly will need to get a 250 on your learners, i had a Suzuki across 250 aka Suzuki GSXR 250, others you can choose are the 2 stroke aprilia bikes, Yamaha 250's, kawasaki 250's etc etc. The one most people choose in the Suzuki GSXR 250, it will give you the best bang for your buck Wink.

Whats your budget?, heres a pic of my bike Smile :

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/MYTOYS.JPG

...and of its a dirt bike, buy whatever you want theres no restrictions on the dirt Evil or Very Mad.

..also here is some info off the rta site:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcyc leridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:55]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sat, 28 May 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok my input...

There are two types of bike riders:
those that have had an accident,
and those that are going to have an accident.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sat, 28 May 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=70178&start=0&rid=392&S=1719cd617f20 32c74bbeb0af9484af33

Smile Smile Smile ...

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:39]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sat, 28 May 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YZF-R1 - who can beat a power/weight of 1:1?

any, ANY gixxer, awesome bikes.

offroad, YZ250 not road legal but,

also, nothing wrong with the good ol CBR's too Smile

yamaha make heads for toyota, they cant be all that bad now can they?

Eldar.O.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sun, 29 May 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just about to buy a ZZR-250 - I was thinking of getting a ZX-2R (a 250 'Ninja') but they are heavier and not quite as nimble as the ZZR, but they do have more power (only just).

Buy a bike that suits your needs, if you want to use it on the road - get a road bike, if you want to use it on dirt only, get a dirt bike, if you want to use it for both.....following? Very Happy Most bikes are pretty similar, there's not a huge deal of difference, I think it's mostly personal taste when people say that one bike is better than another. Some bikes are 'slightly' better than others at what they do, but most riders (me included! I'm shit on 2 wheels and will admit it) can't tell the difference anyway - hehehe.

Also depends what you can handle, a 250 two stroke can be very brutal at the top end, whereas a 250 four stroke is mostly very tame and has a wider spread of torque. If you want to do dirt riding, you probably won't need a 500cc two stroke to have fun, a 250 two stroke is heaps. If you want to go circuit racing on the weekend, grab a TZR-500 or something like that - those things are basically race-able right out of the box (and are f***ing scary too). Depends on your ability, unlike cars you sort of have to have a bit of talent to ride the bigger bikes and not come unstuck - that's why I'm sticking with a 250 four stroke road bike, if I ever tame that, I *might* go up to a 600 or thereabouts, but that could be decades away knowing how crap I am hehehe
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sun, 29 May 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate told me last night he bought a CBR 600 and he is on his L's !!!!
it can be done with just a sticker kit
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sun, 29 May 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ride a TTR250 its great bike great for a learner and u can also hammer it down the bush too!
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ME WANTS MOTORBIKE Sun, 29 May 2005 05:51 Go to previous message
cbr250rr fireblade Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My phone is too advanced for me
Next Topic:To cure a Cough
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-