Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA40 CELICA
Regular

March 2004
22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 00:22 Go to next message
G'day, i now have my 22re dizzy to pull the guts out of, to stick in my 18RG, so how do you pull the two cogs(star shaped things, sorry I dont know the names), off the shaft?? is there any easy way to do this??

Thanks
Justin

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:23]

Send a private message to this user    
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where the rotor cap sits on the shaft look down the centre of the shaft there might be a rubber grommet there you will find a phillips screw remove that screw that takes the top post and the 4 star pick up.

The guts come very easy if i remember correctly the are 3 screws on the outer edge with little tabs under them undo them and the hole assembly should come out. You might have to take the magnetic pick up off first thats two screws on that rotating plate on the inside.
RA40 CELICA
Regular

March 2004
Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad Bugger,no go the centre shaft has no srews down it and the unit has no other pieces in it except the rotors Confused The unit is straight off a Corona 22RE motor.
cheers
Justin
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you take a photo of it.
RA40 CELICA
Regular

March 2004
Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soz mate,dont own a digtal camera and the mobile phone doesnt have one either Rolling Eyes
JC
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont tihnk you are looking at it right, cos what ra_28 said is 100% correct to me.
RA40 CELICA
Regular

March 2004
Re: 22RE dizzy, removing the inner components? Fri, 27 May 2005 04:43 Go to previous message
Hey Witzl, he is correct and I've double checked my Haynes manual, and the dizzy I have does not disasemble like the one in the book(as per RA28's description)so the shaft is different...bugger Crying or Very Sad So I'm on the lookout for a 22RE dizzy(like the one in the book) Very Happy

JC
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age modification evaluations.
Next Topic:3SGTE idling problem Need info on EGR
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 00:09:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15959191322327 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.