Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » My GE86 Trueno (J-spec)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 00:24 Go to next message
Finally after 18 months I have another Toyota that is on the road and not in parts on the Garage floor. I purchased this car off these forums and intend to use it as a daily driver for the next few months while I settle in to my new job and get a company car to rack up Km's on.

I haven't had a good look over the whole car yet as I've had it for less than a week but It ticked all the boxes I was looking for (ie RWD, 2 Door, Turbo and neat and tidy) here ar the specs.

Was
1983 AE86 Toyota Sprinter
4AC engine & 5peed

Now

Exterior:
Resprayed in a Holden dark reddish brown colour
Front cut conversion from a JDM Trueno GT Apex
Rear conversion from a JDM Trueno GTV
Nissan Pulsar SSS rear spoiler colour coded
Electric power side mirrors from a Trueno colour coded
No tow bar... Crying or Very Sad
Engine Modifications:
1G-GTE Engine conversion (Soarer Gen III)
Ceramic-coated manifolds
Engine colour coated
W57 gearbox
Heavy-duty sport clutch
Lightened flywheel
Custom made exhaust system, with single 3 inch down pipe tip.
Fully Engineered
Dyno Day 11 Results - 128rwkw Sad Somewhat un inspiring.

Aftermarket Parts:
Piggyback computer
Greddy Rebic LC (1G GTEU CPU II )
Turbo Timer
boost press gauge (PSI)
water temperature gauge (F)

Interior:
Central locking
Full Japanese interior from JDM Trueno GT Apex
Trueno bucket seats and rear seats
Power windows
Power Steering
Power side mirrors
Remote control boot and door release
TRD drift ( Confused ) style steering wheel
No cup holders Sad

Handle Package:
Adjustable platform front coil overs
Monroe Shocks and Lovells springs at the front
Rolled guards front and rear
Adjustable rear trailing arms
Monroe Shocks and Lovells springs at the rear
Front discs and callipers conversion from a JDM Trueno
Rear discs and callipers conversion from a JDM Trueno

Wheel and Tyres:
-Front rim size 14X6
Long champ 4speed star XR4
Wearing Yokohama A539 185/55R14 Tyres
-Rear rim size 15X7
Long champ 4speed star XR4
Wearing stretched Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/50R15 Tires.

Audio equipment:
Alpine 4inch front speakers
JBL 6X9 rear speakers inserted into parcel tray
Clarion CD/MP3/Musicatcher H/U ( to be installed shortly )

It is a very tidy little streeter and is what I was looking for (except it isn't an RA28 Razz ) Handles like it is on rails and puts the Holden SS Ute to shame around roundabouts. There are some minor engine issues which I hope to sort out this weekend. when I get a chance to go right over the engine bay and wiring. but these really are me being overly picky. However I will be putting the thermostat back in.

Future plans include:
6 Speed gearbox
Diff Upgrade (F series LSD)
Front brake upgrade
Turbo rebuild (short term)
Single turbo and cooler upgrade (further down the track)
Minor audio upgrade (if I deam it required)

Here is what she looks like in the sun...

http://img118.exs.cx/img118/6227/1jpg5sj.png
http://img133.exs.cx/img133/6294/2jpg5mo.png
http://img80.exs.cx/img80/3311/5jpg3sc.png
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8665/6jpg0cb.png

Comments appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 03:19]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice, love the colour coding on the engine, very neat sprinter, looks the goods, only thing slightly don't like is the wing from the rear it looks good but the side profile pic it looks odd. Anyway, seems like you have had a long buil up to an awesome car, just get out on the road and enjoy it.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is VERY tidy! Love it!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6 speed and and f series in an AE86?
um? why?

and no tow bar because most ae86 cant pull shit..
and no cup holder coz wei never delivered tofu hehehe Laughing
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a 1GGTE would be well suited to a F series rear end.. I reckon the 1G might scare the T series, especially after the single turbo upgrade.

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel is on the mark. I'm aiming long term for 200rwkw from the engine and a T series won't be up to the task esp. with an LSD.

And I have 2 F series diffs at home.

The 6 speed isn't a hugh priority except that this is the planned driveline for the Celica I'm building and I'll probably swap it to the Celica at a later date (the gearbox that is)

The tow bar is to add Teh powah to teh engine

and the cup holders are for my buddy of Coke.

I don't mind the wing too much, this the first car I have owned that has a rear wing.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah fair nuff then.

anyway nice car, i hope you treat it with as much love and respect as wei has. such a nice example of an ae86.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks sweet! But I want to know where you get them wheels? I've been searching everywhere Confused
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I intend to, the condition of the car in general is a testament to Wei's passion for the car. this is one of the reasons I got this car against the few others I was looking at.
It is Sooooo Clean Besides stereo there is nothing I wish to do to the interior. (except maybe relocate the boost gauges to where a lanky prick like me can see them properly)
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1.... I have no idea... Wei the previous owner found them ex importer but could only get 2 x 14's and 2 x 15's. He was searching for another pair of 15 but to no avail. I'll keep looking for them.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh right, no worries Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shane you can buy longchamps new from japan dude!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm listening! Online?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not online no.. Sad

try zi @ sales@jdmyard.com

he should know what your talking about
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will do. Thanks
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done on the purchase Lambolica, it was sad to see it go, i kinda miss this car pulling up in my driveway, chatting on hours with Wei about ae86's, on a similar note - he leaves today for Britain *adios* !!

but yeah, a pristine car, one of THE best to be seen in person. Good luck with it, and i hope to see it more often

ps. i saw it the next day u bought it last weeked on concord road!

Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 13:15

ps. i saw it the next day u bought it last weeked on concord road!

Very Happy

Yeah... Right outside my window at work so I could stare at it all day instead of working Razz
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is sooo gorgeous. Have you taken it to the drags? It must hoon! Evil or Very Mad
Thanks
Troy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, not to the drags yet. the engine has some issues ATM that need to be rectified before that happens. Engine puts out about 120rwkw or so which is pretty low.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PRETTY LOW! No way lol! Ah, issues ey, hope you get it all sorted out quickly! Beautiful work man, awesome car.
Thanks
Troy
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 27 May 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked woah Shocked woah Shocked
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Sat, 28 May 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome!!! i think this was on carsales at one point aswell advertised as a twin turbo Confused so clean!!! engine work looks the business Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Sat, 28 May 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great car man, looks schmick! Very Happy
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Sat, 28 May 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 12:33

Looks sweet! But I want to know where you get them wheels? I've been searching everywhere Confused

http://www.option1garage.com.au/xxwheels.htm

Try this link here, They might still have it for sale.

Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Sun, 29 May 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice buy Simon. I must say it looks quite gorgeous - can't wait to see it on display next weekend Smile
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Sun, 29 May 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep She's a pretty picture.

I need some options on what to do with the turbos however as I really don't like driving it too much at the moment.

I don't know weather to swap the turbos for another 2nd hand set and hope I get a good pair, Have this set rebuilt and possibly hi-flowed or look at a single turbo setup a little earlier than I had planned. The engine surges under boost an I really can't put my finger on why.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Mon, 30 May 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be good idea to get a dyno run with the A/F ratio being monitored to make sure it's not leaning out under boost.

I think go the single turbo Smile
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Mon, 30 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd get decent management for it first up. That way you can get the best out of it each step along the way.

I thought the Gen3 1G's were map sensed? I don't really keep track of 1G things though but it might be worth looking into.

Take a look at how Josh has done the single turbo in his KE30. I know it probably isn't the kind of turbo you'd be looking for but the installation method is nice and easy.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:22]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Mon, 30 May 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is always that cost factor involved with going single turbo and after the initial recent purchace the missus isn't real keen on letting me go shopping with credit card just yet. In the short term I have about $1500 to get things sorted.

I did have the opportunity however to find myself on a nice long stretch of uphill road on which I got the chance to let the engine wind up under boost... Shortly after reaching full boost in 5th gear the engine dies, and the type of dies that says to me there is a distinct lack of fuel to the engine. looks like a walbro intank pump will be high on the shopping list.

Joel... Rod had time to drop it on the dyno when I was there the other day but I already had a fair idea there were fueling issues. I'd like single turbo but it'll have to wait I think.

Josh... yeah engine management may well get a go either Haltec or autronic at this stage. I'd be interested to see how close I can get to 200rwkw with engine management, Hiflowed CT12's, FMIC.
I'll look into The single KE30 as I'm fairy open to ideas at the moment but would really like to get the diff and brakes up to spec before the engine.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Mon, 04 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Results are in from DD11.

a rather dissapointing 128rwkw and a garage full of smoke. Embarassed
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: My GE86 Trueno (J-spec) Fri, 08 July 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
BEAUTIFUL!!
Love the paint job especially.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Publica ute 13bt project
Next Topic:Doobs' ST162 (Celica) (56k Beware)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 00:05:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087289810180664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.