Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
TA22 factory aircon condensor Fri, 27 May 2005 09:50 Go to next message
Just had a look in the parts book and the factory condensor looks like it is mounted behind the radiator?

Can anyone confirm this?
Is there any reason I cant run it behind the radiator?

I have all the underbonnet aircon gear from a 3TGTE corona and the underdash stuff from a TA22. I am currently working out my intercooler mounting position and having the condensor behind the radiator would make it a lot easier Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TA22 factory aircon condensor Sat, 28 May 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it's going to really struggle to be especially effective if it's getting warmed by the engine. TA22's are a bugger to mount additional coolers in the front of without hanging them right out the front. Good luck!
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 factory aircon condensor Sat, 28 May 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't think heat from the engine would be that bad, after all its a NS engine so the exhaust side is out of the way. I am hoping to get it working ok with some massive cooling fans Very Happy and shrouding. Certainly is a pain getting a cooler in the front of a TA22 when you don't want to cut much. Looks like I will manage to get my 280x300x76mm bar and plate cooler in there and keep my grille
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 factory aircon condensor Sun, 29 May 2005 01:41 Go to previous message
tanman wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 19:50

Just had a look in the parts book and the factory condensor looks like it is mounted behind the radiator?

Can anyone confirm this?
Is there any reason I cant run it behind the radiator?

The factory condenser for a TA22 fits in front of the radiator. NO, it can't go behind the radiator because there wont be enough cooling to liquify your refridgerant. If you dont have a front mounted intercooler, the stock condenser with fit straight on inbetween the grill and radiator. All the bolt holes etc are there.

Cheers,
Simon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:86 japspec axles??? HELP ASAP!!!
Next Topic:TA40 fender/wing flares
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 06:50:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0033221244812012 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.