Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
icon3.gif  Conversion Questions Thu, 26 December 2002 01:12 Go to next message
Hey all,
Just a few question about a conversion we currently doing.
Im putting a 4AGE (100kw) in a KE30. I'll be placing a T50 behind it.

1. Will the TA22 T50 box be better in the ke30 than the sprinter box? ive heard a few rumours that the shifter fits perfectly into old shifter hole.

2. Will i need to change over the clutch or anything when i put in the t50 from the TA22?

3.Will the tailshaft fit straight up to the TA22 T50 box. Eg same length dont need to modify its length?

4.Fit in the tunnel?

5.Would there be anyother problems about this conversion that you could think of.

Thank alot everyone,
Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Fri, 27 December 2002 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
Please anybody answer these questions need to make a decision soon...
Thanx,
Adam
knackers
Regular

November 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Fri, 27 December 2002 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to find out all your questions go to 4AGZE.com if they dont no about it no one dose
cya good luck Smile
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Sun, 29 December 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
Come on just a few answers would be good....
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Sun, 29 December 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to help you out a bit, i'm Guessing (somewhat educated) that your tailshaft will have to be shortened because, correct me if i'm wrong, your corolla came out with a 4 speed, therefore the physical length of your old box will be somewhat shorter than the length of the T50 Celica 5 speed. I'm just guessing though, don't quote me.

Andre

[Updated on: Sun, 29 December 2002 10:44]

bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Mon, 30 December 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just another thing i heard that one of the boxes(sprinter or celica T50) has 2 extra splines....
Would this matter going into a 4AGE?
Im imagining it would....
Thanx,
Adam
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Wed, 01 January 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the 4A engine, the gearbox needs at least a bellhousing to suit the 4A engine. You can get a belhousing or complete T50 from a AE86 or AE71 corolla. For the KE30, it is best to use the shifter housing from a TA22 or TA23 Celica gearbox, and the shifter should come through the hole in the KE30. I know for a fact that internaly a T50 from a TA23 and TE72 cars are identical, but only the shift housings and shift linkages are different (can be swaped). Also another fact, the T50 gearbox is the exact same length as a K40 gearbox in a KE30. Also the outputshaft spline is the same, so you can use the same tailshaft. But, some later AE86 gearboxes (not sure of date), do have a larger output shaft with a different spline.

So you want a hybred gearbox. T50 with 4A bellhousing, but TA22 shifthousing.

Mount the 4A engine with the back face of the engine in the same place the 3K was, and the shifter should be in the right position, if not a little too far to the left. (The 3K crankshaft is not in the middle of the car due to the slant engine. )
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Conversion Questions Thu, 02 January 2003 00:06 Go to previous message
Thanx johnny ur a ledge...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Upper control arm bolts
Next Topic:Corolla Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-