Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Boost controller installed - problems

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Boost controller installed - problems Thu, 02 June 2005 14:16 Go to next message

Hey ppl, hooked up a boost controller to my 1GGTE, except i plumbed the controller only into the rear turbo (planning on connecting the second one soon - just that the hoses are difficult to access). Iv checked the controller is hooked up correctly - BUT, the boost wont go past 11psi (stock) . .. no matter how i adjust the controller. Iv got a stock exhuast, pod filter and thats all. Howcome its not boosting any further???

Also, i saw a 20series soarer with 70series supra front end somewhere - how difficult would that be to reproduce? Are the two cars based on the same chassis?
  Send a private message to this user    
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Boost controller installed - problems Thu, 02 June 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Connect both of the turbos, if you still have the same problem then the boost controller may be blocked. I'm assuming it's a simple bleed valve ( not very suitable for twin turbo applications). Try that fisrt.
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Boost controller installed - problems Thu, 02 June 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I just bought the controller new (GFB Atomic MBC). . .

Ill hook up the other turbo and see what happens.

thanx for the response. . .

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 15:32]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Boost controller installed - problems Thu, 02 June 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel sorry for your turbos... especially the one with the boost controller!
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Boost controller installed - problems Fri, 03 June 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can insert an olive restrictor in the vacum hose from the wastegate (you know the one?). This will allow you to adjust to a higher boost setting. Or you can just put a T piece in same hose with one end open to atmosphere and boost will go to around 14psi. You could then sell the GFB Atomic MBC lol.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Boost controller installed - problems Fri, 03 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous message
U NEED BOTH THE TURBOS HOOKED UP OR ELSE U MIGHT DO SOMETHING BAD TO THE ENGINE/TURBOS , MAYBE EVERYTHING

u need to get both the hoses going to the wategate and tee them in
then use the third end from the tee to connect to the bleed valve

then from the bleed valve again use a tee and use the other two ends to connect to the wategates

make sure u have the bleed valve facing the right way it has an arrow on it which should connect toward the wategate otherwise nothing will happen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Name these pistions
Next Topic:1GGTE Head gasket
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 01:57:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034329891204834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.