Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
FWD gearbox replacement proceedure Wed, 08 June 2005 00:31 Go to next message
Hi,

I am about to replace the box in my AE92. the workshop manual says that i have to drop the suspension crossmember to do it. I thourght that i would have to drop the middle menber at the least.
Has anyone replaced a FWD ae92 box with the cross member in place.

If i have to pull it out i may aswell replace the bushings.

How much sould i spend on a clutch (140 hp at the moment)

Ty
  Send a private message to this user    
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: FWD gearbox replacement proceedure Wed, 08 June 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
howdy.

i did the box and clutch in my ae92 in feb, got a clutch for i think $140, the last clutch i had was a stockie and it lasted about 70,000kms and i drove it reasonably hard. id suggest going just a stock one unless your after something with a bit more bite. as for pulling out the crossmember you need to definately pull the middle one out, the last time i did the clutch i pulled out the whole crossmember, but the first time i didnt and i only pulled out the middle one. youll need to jack the motor up a bit to get the back engine mount off.

its a fair bit harder to do without pulling the whole crossmember out, however, it is possible.

hope that helps. Leigh
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: FWD gearbox replacement proceedure Wed, 08 June 2005 11:21 Go to previous message
you have 140hp at the wheels? if you not good mechaniclly its going to be a pain as it is if you are! have to support the engine,undo hubs,take gearlever cables off, undo box,take thermo housing of box,undo clutch braket etc etc is a pain of a job compared to rear wheel. if you have 140hp at the wheels from an atmo 4ag get a exedy ceramic button. nice take up with very little shudder at all and can handle the power!should be about the $600 mark i guess retail.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rear Suspension in GT4
Next Topic:What's this part in the engine bay? (AE92 - 4A-FC)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 05:55:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15235209465027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.