Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Spray Jobs (Perth) - The Nitty Gritty and Technical

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Spray Jobs (Perth) - The Nitty Gritty and Technical Thu, 09 June 2005 04:58 Go to next message
Just allocating some funds for a Respray now.. So Id like to know..

1) Who in Perth does the best job for a reasonably good price?
and uses premium paints with Rustproofing in it etc..

2) How do i go about Color Selection? Or how do they? Reason im asking this is i do a lot of Design Print work where i use CMYK's and Pantone Color Schemes. Would i effectively be able to walk into a spray shop and say 'right.. i want the respray done in Pantone 461C (1/8 part Pantone Warm Red, 1/8 Part Pantone Ref Blue, 1 3/4 Parts Pantone Yellow, 62 Parts Pantone Trans Wt)..' do they do it this way?

Curious..
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Spray Jobs (Perth) - The Nitty Gritty and Technical Thu, 09 June 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just DIY mate,

you'd probably mess it up, but then i could come around and have a laugh over a beer or something Razz

i know you work in osborne park, so, my recommendation is S&D Zammit, my mate works there as a panel beater, but they have a full spray booth etc.

while your on your lunch break or something just go down into their office and ask around Smile

oh, they are "prestigeous" read: expensive

although, you get what you pay for!

Eldar.O.
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Spray Jobs (Perth) - The Nitty Gritty and Technical Thu, 09 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous message
I dont think they work with CMYK or Pantone swatches, don't quote me on that. They're more for design and printing as it is ink based rather than paint.

As for autobody paint, I'm not too sure. I found a site a while ago with different colour swatches and their colour codes...but its gone now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:new IS200 to come in coupe?
Next Topic:One for the AE86 fans
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 07:41:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051729679107666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.