Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
XpLiCt_ke30
Occasional Poster

September 2004
    wtf
20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:07 Go to next message
Just wondering if anyone has some tips for putting a 20v turbo into a ke30 e.g where can i get engion mounts, what is a good turbo to use e.t.c
  Send a private message to this user    
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
i read the other day that when turboing a 20v u need to run pretty low psi and run a large intercooler to keep inlet temps down.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not unless you do everything propertly, if you do everything right put a gt25 on it and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST, the thing will move i assure you.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dun know about the engine mounts but it depends on what kinda car you want and how much power you wanna make. Seeing as your using a 20v as your base im assuming that you want decent low end response so something like a t28 from a late model s14 or early model s15 that is ball bearing would work well for that motor
XpLiCt_ke30
Occasional Poster

September 2004
    wtf
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was planning on getting a 4agze bottom end and putting forged pistons n then puting the blak top head
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for any conversion (at least in rwd) i would recommend first checking for standard crossmember clearance - if this checks out ok then proceed to use standard engine mounts (or the base of the mount to bolt into crossmember) and modify them to fit new engine

otherwise consult an engineer or fabricator bout your application and it should be sweet
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XpLiCt_ke30 wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 16:28

i was planning on getting a 4agze bottom end and putting forged pistons n then puting the blak top head

dont bother with the 20v head then cause then you have to get recesses cut into the pistons to clear the 20v head etc etc etc.

Stick with the big or small port head of the gze 20v head on gze block is just for wank
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 18:31

XpLiCt_ke30 wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 16:28

dont bother with the 20v head then cause then you have to get recesses cut into the pistons to clear the 20v head etc etc etc.

Stick with the big or small port head of the gze 20v head on gze block is just for wank

says who??

my mate had a black top 20v running on a standard gze bottom end with a standard headgasket and put 26psi into the sucker without a worry -

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Fri, 10 June 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did i say it couldnt be done???

all i was saying is that its not worth the money or effort to put a 20v head on a gze bottom end when you can just turbo the gze and it will haul ass

is there any proof out there that a 20v head is better for boost than a bigport gze head i know which one id be using to make big numbers

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 09:28]

XpLiCt_ke30
Occasional Poster

September 2004
    wtf
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Sat, 11 June 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to make a recces in the piston for the extra valve would i have to take the pistons out of the block or is there someway it can be done while there still in??
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Sat, 11 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
your going to the effort of putting a turbo 20v into a ke30 and u dont want to pull the pistons out to get flycut
trust me that will be the easy part
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Sun, 12 June 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bringing up this topic again is like flogging a dead horse, for the dozens of times that someone has said they're "gonna" do a 20V turbo, you might as well hit the search link to look back to when people could be bothered putting some effort into a detailed reply. There's plenty out there already Smile

Short story: Yes, ZE pistons with a 20V head will work just fine, but I haven't seen valid results to show that this combo is any better than a 16V head... and as for turbo choice, it doesn't matter how many opinions you get, talk to a reputable turbo supplier and let them advise you what specs you need.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v turbo into Ke30 Rolla Sun, 12 June 2005 14:43 Go to previous message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 22:36

Bringing up this topic again is like flogging a dead horse, for the dozens of times that someone has said they're "gonna" do a 20V turbo, you might as well hit the search link to look back to when people could be bothered putting some effort into a detailed reply. There's plenty out there already Smile

Short story: Yes, ZE pistons with a 20V head will work just fine, but I haven't seen valid results to show that this combo is any better than a 16V head... and as for turbo choice, it doesn't matter how many opinions you get, talk to a reputable turbo supplier and let them advise you what specs you need.

i agree i havent seen any proof to say that a 20v head will work better than a 16v head in a boosted application
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ boost pressure with mods
Next Topic:KE70 project
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 22:22:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006843090057373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.