Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AlexT
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 14 June 2005 12:26 Go to next message
Last month I created this thread where I asked for dealership recommendations as my MR2 was due for a service.

I ended up taking it to Chatswood Toyota.

The points of interest.

Quote: They were unable to give me a precise quote for a 45,000km service. They only had figures for the 10,000km interval services.

Work: Everything was done well and the car was returned to me as clean as when I dropped it off.

Cost: The cost was reasonable for the amount of work done. No complaints.

Shuttle Bus: Chatswood Toyota operates a shuttle bus between their service centre and Artarmon railway station. It operates at both ends of the day and I found it very convenient as I work in the CBD. The vehicle is a Toyota of course Very Happy.

Fuel System Clean: I got a call in the morning requesting my approval to clean the fuel system at an additional cost of $97. I declined as I don't believe such action represents long term value for money.

Tyre Black: They applied tyre black which was a minor annoyance. I was unable to wash the rims several days later without getting some of the black from the tyres on the sponge. Ruined a perfectly good sponge.
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 14 June 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff, I'm glad it worked out as I was the one that said they might be the go Smile We havn't caught up in a while mate, you going to be at Dyno day?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 14 June 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlexT wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:26

Tyre Black: They applied tyre black which was a minor annoyance. I was unable to wash the rims several days later without getting some of the black from the tyres on the sponge. Ruined a perfectly good sponge.

i hate that stuff i allways told mazda when they serviced my last car never to apply it as after a day of spirited driving i was left with black blobs all over my nice clean yellow paintwork
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 14 June 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohnoes! n0t teh sp0nge!!!!!111oneone ARGH
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 15 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats good to hear Very Happy

I think Ben (Rolla Boy) works there, apparantly it has a good rep Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 15 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

servicing is done in my front yard...
but good review all the same.
AlexT
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 15 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:54

Good stuff, I'm glad it worked out as I was the one that said they might be the go Smile We havn't caught up in a while mate, you going to be at Dyno day?

I talked to Rolla Boy via PM as well. So you weren't going to get all of the blame if it didn't work out. Wink

Dyno day is looking very likely. I have to make up for being the first car to miss out on a run last time.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 15 June 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know you want that n/a 4 banger trophy! Very Happy

Go man GO!
MattHothatchboy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Sat, 18 June 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How often do thoses shuttle busses come around? I used to live close by, so I could walk there but not anymore.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Mon, 20 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlexT wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:26

That must be a toyota thing, my parents get their car serviced by toyota (so as not to void the new car warranty), it always gets tyre blacked!
AlexT
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Sat, 25 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MattHothatchboy wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 19:09

How often do thoses shuttle busses come around? I used to live close by, so I could walk there but not anymore.

Quite often. They drive back and forth continuously. I'm not completely sure what the operating hours are though. I do know that they are running at 7:30 AM and also at the end of the day right up to closing time. Call them up if you want to find out for sure.
Saler
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Sat, 25 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i go to Fergusons Toyota at Hurstville for service and parts. Have always had good dealings. they know a fair bit in the parts department about TRD stuff. The big boss there use to race Supra's sprinters and corolla's at bathurst before V8 super taxi's
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Sat, 25 June 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do they insist on letting my tyres down a little whenver i take it in for a service! it's soo bloody annoying

At first, i thoguht i imagined it...so the next time..before i went in, i checked, had 34PSI all around...

After service, it's down to 26 or 27 all around!

happened 2wice!!! whY?!
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Mon, 27 June 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out of curiosity how much was a complete service?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Mon, 27 June 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlexT,

Glad to hear everything was ok... In future, when you drop the car off in the morning, you can ask for things to be done and left out, like the injection flush and tyre black and so on...

Matthothatchboy,

The shuttle bus runs from the dealer to Artarmon station from around 7:20am to 10am...
Then from the station to the dealer from 3pm till around 5pm...
It runs constantly so you can catch it either way...

Dale_ta22,

Majority of the cars we service or repair get washed and vacuumed...

Deeps,

Mechanics adjust tyre pressures according to tyre size, vehicle type and whatever the tyre placard suggests... Personally for vans and utes, front 34 and rear 40, passenger vehicles 32 and small cars (echo, starlet and daihatsu's) around 28 - 30... (all figures in psi)...
But if a car comes in with low profile tyres, I'll do 35psi...

rob-ae86,

All service costs vary as different things are done... I think we now charge around $90 per hour which is one of the cheapest hour rates around... Chatswood Lexus charges $140 per hour... Eep...
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Mon, 27 June 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car says 30 and 32, but i end up with 28ish when i get it back

pain in the butt, to have to take my car straight from servicing to the petrol station to fix the pressures :@

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 28 June 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The carwash used to annoy me, i'd get the car back dirtier than when I put it in Mad Thank god for water restrictions, but at least the interior vacuum was good Wink

They pointed out the tyre pressures to me once & said that the reason they deflate them is for a smoother ride over rough surfaces. Personally I like to keep my pressures a bit higher than average 'cause I do alot of highway driving.

Anyway the purpose of this post is to get a price for a 2 year/40,000km service, apparently the 40k & 80k services are the major ones (for the Corolla at least). I've been quoted a price & I just want to see how it compares...

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 03:20]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Tue, 28 June 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeps,

Tyre pressures change when heat is introduced into the tyre... That could be the cause... Also, servo's are bad as the compressors are filled usually with water which means that water will go into your tyres and make them out of balance...

Conquest,

We have installed a water recycling unit so we still wash cars... 40 is a major service on anything besides Avalons or new Camrys...
Taku
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 29 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pictures? Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 29 June 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pictures of what???
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Wed, 29 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 20:49

Pictures of what???

of the water recyling unit, of course! Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Chatswood Toyota Service Experience Thu, 30 June 2005 20:48 Go to previous message
Thats what I was thinking lol... Who would wanna see pics of that??? It's a large water tank out the front, green, nothing special and think of your average pool water pump setup and picture that in the corner of a carpark...

Don't need pics anymore lol...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... )
Next Topic:AE101 vs AE111
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 22:23:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054671764373779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.