Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how to disconnect immobiliser?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 03:30 Go to next message
my fd recently left the country for a few weeks and left his car and the his spare key to me but he forget to give me the remote.
anyone know if there is a simple way to disconnect immobiliser pls tell me so that I can start the car and drive in these few weeks before my own car get fixed. something like disconect which wire or how to switch it off without the remote to get it start is helpful and so I can connect it back and the immobiliser will still work after my fd come back.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's done right, there is nothing simple you can do to disconnect it for a little while, thats the whole point.

You may be able to use the override most have to drive it, ask your friend about it.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey just read someone say "to take off the driver door trim and disconnect the wire which goes to the door lock then the immobiliser will disengage" <--- is this correct?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 03:53]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the alarm/immobiliser has a valet button you should be able to put it in 'valet' mode with the key and the valet button.
most of them you press the valet button in and hold while you turn the ignition on then off.

see if you can find a valet button somewhere. (if it's that kind of system of course).
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its the kind of immobiliser where do the valet buton normally sits?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
immobilers should have manual override with a sequence. turn the ignition on and off to a certain amount of times to a code. ask your friend if he has it.

eg. turn key, wait for the light to flash 3 times, turn off, turn on, flash 2 times etc.

thats what mine has Smile
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the alarm has a light but my fd wouldn't know if theres an override mode coz he bought the car with the alarm, so he know nth to the alarm and I'll just try as many way as I can.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Fri, 01 July 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gwaijaitat wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 01:44

if its the kind of immobiliser where do the valet buton normally sits?

all depends on where the installer put it. Smile usual area's are just under the dash, on the kick panel etc. somewhere not too hard for the owner to find but not too obvious. will only be a small button.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sat, 02 July 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey still can't find the facking button, I wonder how those theft steal our cars... Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sat, 02 July 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some alarms use thr keyfob to put the car into valet mode.

i'd suggest you either try to remove/disable the alarm all together (good luck) or ring your mate to see if there is in fact a valet switch... or give up on the car.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sat, 02 July 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is this 'friend' some bloke down the road with a nice car you want to drive? Razz
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sat, 02 July 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 00:00

So is this 'friend' some bloke down the road with a nice car you want to drive? Razz

hahaa.. ofcoz not, hes my flatmate and his spare key is always kept by me in case when he lost his key on the street I can bring the key to him... but without a remote seems like will do nth to it
AHR01Z
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon11.gif  Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sun, 03 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask ur freind if he got nrma, n they should be able to suss it out 4 sure, they disconnected mine in 15 minutes! but the electrician fully took it off when they installed a newer unit.

g luck! n dont do n e fing i wouldnt do doood!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sun, 03 July 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give up on the car dude. If it's anything like mine, and your friend doesn't know the override disconnecting it would be nigh on impossible.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: how to disconnect immobiliser? Sun, 03 July 2005 17:22 Go to previous message
yea I already given up on that now since my car will be ready to go on the road next weekend, cheers guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Please help I cant work out what else this knocking noise is from the LH Front wheel
Next Topic:probs with gt4
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 05:40:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075790882110596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.