Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
lsd ke25 Wed, 22 June 2005 12:57 Go to next message
whats the opinion on the lsd options for ke25?

not keen on disk conversion,
power to be around 160kw,
width needs to be same as ke25 or shorter due to mags being 15x6 114.3x4pcd +20 offset

so i have found so far..........................

t series : width same? weld mounts? , centre expensive, stud pattern same, drums, centre fairly strong.

r31 : weld mounts, needs shortening, centre cheap, stud pattern same, disk or drum?, centres common and pretty good.

hilux : weld mounts, length same - older model diff, stud pattern not same, cheap strong centre

hiace : weld mounts, length same, centre?, stud pattern same? drum? , centre?

mark II : weld mounts, with apparently same?, same stud pattern, drum?, uses supra centre

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: lsd ke25 Wed, 22 June 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm not mistaken, aren't they ALL too wide for a '25?
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Wed, 22 June 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so ke25 is shorter than ke30 , so they would all have to be shortened anyway i take it, ke30 is 1370mm, whats the ke25 then?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lsd ke25 Thu, 23 June 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a TRD center available for the starlet rear end, which was a 5.6" center.... BUT, many ppl fitone of the T series rear ends to the starlets...

i dare say it is a TE27 T series diff Razz, so then you use a T series LSD..

so all you have to do is get a T series TE2X diff sent from either the US or NZ or Japan... easy Wink
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Wed, 06 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so im thinking a shortened r31 will be the best bet...
so the housing gets cut and shut and the axels get shortened, then the splines get extended further onto the axel. mounts get chopped off and rolla mounts get welded on.

the centres are common and strong, but wear pretty quickly and arent too common in good nick so iv heard.

anything else? any idea on cost?

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: lsd ke25 Wed, 06 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a celica t series going into mine in the next few weeks or so, the guy i bought it off had setup it up to bolt straight into a ke25, so he made leaf spring mounts and got rid of all the other stuff. you would be able to get a centre for the t series but quite expensive i would imagine. Mine is just locked.
Michael
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Wed, 06 July 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found mech. lsd centres on yahoo auctions for as little as $200 Australian for t series difs
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Fri, 08 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so will the t series hold 160 rwkw? i thought it was too weak, but if it does that would save a lot of trouble converting to a different diff.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd ke25 Fri, 08 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My KE25 had a diff from an RA28 in it at one stage, it was fine while the car was supercharged but once turboed the first set of axles lasted about 2 hours (no burnouts, or flat changes). The second set of axles (which were apparently Ford items machined to fit) were meant to be much stronger. BANG, they lasted about 2 hours of driving too, they made one run at the old Eastern creek drag strip and snapped one axle on the line of the second run Rolling Eyes The other axle was very twisted and about to snap. These axles had been shortened and had a new spline machined into them, they were apparently heat treated too.

This axle snapping business was getting a little expensive so a commodore diff with a brand new LSD and brand new billet axles was fitted (shortened to fit obviously). This diff sees much more power, a much harder time and works perfectly, it's about 3 years old now. The LSD has was built very "tight" (clutch type) at my request so it is damn close to being a like a locker, but not quite Very Happy

The biggest lesson learnt with modifying cars, don't phuck around with stuff that might just get by, spend a little extra and be confident that your equipment won't fail!

NB, if you want to stick with a Toyota diff and make the power you want I would be looking at a minimum of an F-series diff for peace of mind. A few people are using these without trouble.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Fri, 08 July 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, measured my ke25 diff from mounting face to mounting face, it appears to be about 1320mm. any ideas on what diffs are around that width? so far i have dug up some but they dont have the correct stud pattern doh!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd ke25 Fri, 08 July 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure one of the tech section stickies has toyota diff widths in it, or a search would find them on this site too.

Stud pattern is a small issue it is quite simple to have a machine shop redrill to what ever stud pattern you desire, just remove the axles from the diff.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lsd ke25 Fri, 08 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
ok heaps of research done.... its gonna be the r31 or the hilux depending on cost and conversion costs.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can anyone tell me how this works?
Next Topic:ST185 running gear limits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 15:26:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.088100910186768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.