Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Maybe a Stupid Question...But...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 09:56 Go to next message
hey everyone,

Just a quick question...

http://www.bn-sports.co.jp/2door/image/zoom/z_ae86_trueno_front.jpg

The AE86 pictured above, is there a special name for it or something like that because its a sedan? I really like the look of it compaired to the normal AE86 hatch. Are they rare or anything because i havent seen one in meld not once...

anyways, any help is great. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its called a coupe Very Happy
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolz oh ok...

so its just a Toyota AE86 coupe...?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 19:57

Indeed it is. I have one Very Happy

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/7205/truenopassengerext2es.th.jpg
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 12:06

Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 19:57

Indeed it is. I have one Very Happy

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/7205/truenopassengerext2es.th.jpg

awesome!! well i guess your the person to talk to.

I know its an old model car, what ups and downs have you had with it? Were you forced to spend much money on it or did you buy in in good nick? Hows the driving experience, fun to drive? Are there many coupes around?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i don't drive the car that often... i have another daily driver and the sprinter's going through a turbo conversion. In the limited time i've driven it though... it's an absolute blast. Need some better rubber all round but its the most fun i've had in a car.

I bought the car in superb nick... engine revs hard, no smoke or problems. Just maybe the starter motor might need changing soon... sometimes it's a little sluggish.

AFAIK, there are about 6-10 coupes in aust??? Give or take a few. I know for sure there are a couple in qld and vic and there's mine here in syd but not sure on exact figures.

Techincally speaking, the coupe is slightly more rigid due to the body shape, has a smidgen less weight over the rear and is 5mm wider in track in the rear wheels. Other than that, i think the hatch and coupe are identical.

Eddie.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont mean to offend the ae86 drivers Razz but looks a lil like a nissan exa like 91 model to me Razz as i said didnt mean to offend Razz
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:33

dont mean to offend the ae86 drivers Razz but looks a lil like a nissan exa like 91 model to me Razz as i said didnt mean to offend Razz

ooooo that's painful Laughing you bastard Razz ... the front does share a teeny bit of similarity. Lucky the rear is completely different or i'd have to kill myself Razz
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: Maybe a Stupid Question...But... Sun, 10 July 2005 10:46 Go to previous message
Big T wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 12:19

Well i don't drive the car that often... i have another daily driver and the sprinter's going through a turbo conversion. In the limited time i've driven it though... it's an absolute blast. Need some better rubber all round but its the most fun i've had in a car.

I bought the car in superb nick... engine revs hard, no smoke or problems. Just maybe the starter motor might need changing soon... sometimes it's a little sluggish.

AFAIK, there are about 6-10 coupes in aust??? Give or take a few. I know for sure there are a couple in qld and vic and there's mine here in syd but not sure on exact figures.

Techincally speaking, the coupe is slightly more rigid due to the body shape, has a smidgen less weight over the rear and is 5mm wider in track in the rear wheels. Other than that, i think the hatch and coupe are identical.

Eddie.

thanks for the reply!! Smile

just a car im looking at buying...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Race on Foxsports?
Next Topic:Some Toyota news for you all
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 07:53:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042359828948975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar