Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 06:43 Go to next message
Hello All,

This may be a stupid question but with an Aftermarket ECU, would the factory cruise control work after removing the factory 5M-E engine ECU and loom and replacing it with a Wolf3D ECU?

Yes... I am going to convert my engine (and keep an auto transmission), just a matter of time now Wink

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cruise Control has nothing to do with the ECU
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it doesn't, but almost everyone has troubles making the farkin thing work after engine conversions. have a bit of a search, not long ago someone was asking how to make it work. Norbie perhaps? maybe jcmf was involved?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 17:08

no it doesn't, but almost everyone has troubles making the farkin thing work after engine conversions. have a bit of a search, not long ago someone was asking how to make it work. Norbie perhaps? maybe jcmf was involved?

Yes, you are right Greg.

I have the wiring diagrams for the US version of the cruise control, and will use this as well as some bits sourced from the states to try and get it to work.

If anyone is interested in the specific diagrams, let me know and email address and I'll shoot them out

Cheers

Michael B
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should know by now Mike, 'm always right Cool
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting it to work has nothing to do with an engine conversion.

Its to do with an Auto->Manual conversion.

Its just that most conversions go manual
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruise does run of the ecu sort of if its an auto car

the cruise needs to know when one of the solenoids on the auto tranny is on and this wire goes to the ecu

there are tricks to gettin all this hsit workin right but by all means not impossible

i have gotten cruise to work on cressidas and supras easily

unfortunately i cant give any info out
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sideshow, the MA61 Cruise Computer isn't an intelligent beast.

It would probably have one input to ensure the shifter is in the "D" position, but that can come straight from the gearbox.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 12 July 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 22:17

It would probably have one input to ensure the shifter is in the "D" position, but that can come straight from the gearbox.

Correct.

It appears from my brief view of the diagram is that the only difference between the manual and auto is the clutch switch and the jumper on the trans switch to provide the signal.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Mon, 18 July 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do a bit of a search huh? It's hard when jet setting across Asia at the moment Razz I'll do a better search of this when I arrive back home...

But till then. I have to live with 28kbps modems Crying or Very Sad

Cheers.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 19 July 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 21:53

This kinda thing shits me to tears, people leach off the forums everyones hard work and give nothing back and then charge other people for it.

honestly if your labour is not worth paying for only your "secrets" well thats just fookn sad!

Allan
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 19 July 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:32

sideshow wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 21:53

This kinda thing shits me to tears, people leach off the forums everyones hard work and give nothing back and then charge other people for it.

honestly if your labour is not worth paying for only your "secrets" well thats just fookn sad!

Allan

depends on how much he cahrges, but I tend to agree.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Aftermarket ECU & Cruise Control Question Tue, 19 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous message
you could almost call it a commercial post saying "hey i can fix it if you pay me"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A few Q's for LEXUS LS400 models
Next Topic:1J vs 2J turbo dump pipes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 12:24:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047669410705566 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.