Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » rubber thing on thorttle body.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
rubber thing on thorttle body. Fri, 22 July 2005 06:14 Go to next message
i know this sounds strange, but some cars have a rubber 'sleeve' that goes onto the throttle body so that the air hose fits correctly. ive seen these things on numerous cars and now i need one. i have a falcon air inlet tract but its too big to go over the turbo but it was the best shape. so i need a sleeve, i havent got the measurement of the turbo outlet, looks to be around 2 and 3/4 compared to the 3in inlet falcon pipe.

anyone know and cars that have these? or have some laying around the garage?
  Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: rubber thing on thorttle body. Fri, 22 July 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaff tape is your friend Smiley =
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: rubber thing on thorttle body. Sat, 23 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i dont wanna put tape around the inlet of the turbo. im already running a k&n pod directly on it and it melted off, so ive put that fabric 'racing' tape around the filter and the glue melts. im hoping the falcon inlet pipe wont melt, but i dont wanna put 50 layers of tape on the turbo to get it the right size Rolling Eyes
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rubber thing on thorttle body. Sat, 23 July 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could try one of those "silicon reducers". It'll lengthen it by a few inches though. Pretty sure i saw them on Ebay for about $25. Not sure on how much you want to spend on it though.

Eddie.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: rubber thing on thorttle body. Sun, 24 July 2005 08:54 Go to previous message
cheers buddy.
yeah i dont wanna spend a lot hopefully, i looked around the wrecker for a while the other week but couldnt find one the right size. i spose if i found an ma70 supra or celica or whatever car came with the ct26 i could get the inlet tract off that, but ive had no luck finding one of them either.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: 18RG dizzy elec
Next Topic:WANTED Soarer bodykit new or used
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 08:13:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017400979995728 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.