Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lxrocks
Newcomer

July 2005
AE92 4AFC - Find source of leaking coolant Sun, 24 July 2005 03:10
Hi,
I am not very Engine/Motor Literate so I apologise in advance Very Happy.

Cleaned out the radiator the other day, filled with new coolant and a few days later noticed coolant leaking big-time when the engine was running. I took a look underneath and it looks like it is coming from behind one of the drive wheel/belt thingies on the side of the engine. Managed to get underneath and what I think might be the water pump has a small round hole where the coolant seems to be coming out. My first thought is that it is the water pump and it is buggered. My Second thought (hope) is that perhaps there is some kind of bleeding hole with a screw missing on the waterpump. I don't have a manual (going to the library this afternoon) so I am not sure what a water pump looks like. Very Happy

The curious thing is that it has just started spewing coolant, probably after the radiator flushing. Has anyone had similar problems that could offer some troubleshooting tips to me. Would a radiator sealant be a good idea?

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   AE92 4AFC - Find source of leaking coolant  lxrocksSun, 24 July 2005 03:10
Previous Topic:02 sensor question?
Next Topic:best oil

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 08:42:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047109127044678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.