Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Mon, 25 July 2005 04:11 Go to next message
Hey guys, I was just at Shane's place and he said my throttle cable bracket is a bit dodgy, apparently it is meant to go through a (missing) rubber grommet on the left, instead of being bent at a sharp angle on the right. Does anyone have or know where I can find this part? Thanks Smile

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_throttle_cable.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Tue, 26 July 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like part of the bracket is missing / broken off in that picture? (it's hard to see...)

It looks like your cable is using the mount where the cruise control cable usually sits... (at least that's what I assume it is).

I'd go looking for a pic if I was you Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Tue, 26 July 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'd love for someone else with a 1JZ to post up a pic of their setup in that area. Cruise control works fine and goes to a different part of the engine bay, not shown in that picture.
The current setup just works fine, I'm just afraid of wearing out my accelerator cable prematurely.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 27 July 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never really looked at mine but i might be able to get a pic of it tonight for you
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 27 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/40/ef/27_12_s.JPG
http://www005.upp.so-net.ne.jp/keigo/jzz30/1jz-gte.jpg
http://www.prolinkjapan.com/mainpix/P1010005.JPG
http://www.jhotexports.com/images/1jzgtte_4087_1.jpg

A quick google image search (didn't have the time the other day!)

The 2JZ looks to have the same setup I think, and its the best pic of the bunch.

Your pic is really hard to see with the sun like that, but I think you just need the rubber grommet bit. I may have a spare you can have if that is all your after...

Smile

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 04:56]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 27 July 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the grommet bit is all I need, let me know if you want anything for it and I'll happily take it mate Smile Thanks for those pics too!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 27 July 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have a look for it (will have to wait until friday), it's not worth anything to me, it'll come back to me in karma one day Smile

Also you could just goto a wreckers and get one off any number of toyotas.... Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Thu, 28 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, thanks heaps mate Smile I assume most toyotas would have different types of grommets though.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Thu, 28 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i didnt get the pic, flew out to brisbane rather unexpectedly Rolling Eyes
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 03 August 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://insertdomainnamehere.com/gallery/albums/JZX83/accellink_005.sized.jpg

Here we go, KOFFEE-BLACK is selling a long 1jz motor you might be able to see if it has the mount
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 03 August 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 17:31

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/gallery/albums/JZX83/accellink_005.sized.jpg

Here we go, KOFFEE-BLACK is selling a long 1jz motor you might be able to see if it has the mount

All good, I've organized to send one to him (should be in the post tomorrow Smile)

Cheers
Wiblo
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Wed, 03 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah cool all good then Wink
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Thu, 04 August 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Wilbo, its waiting at the post office, I'll pick it up tomorrow Smile Is it the full bracket/mount, or just the rubber thing?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Fri, 05 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the rubber thing, hope that's all you needed!

Cheers
Wilbo
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Wanted: 1JZ accelerator cable mount/bracket Fri, 05 August 2005 06:01 Go to previous message
Here's hoping Smile

I went to the post office and my birthday present was there, just no rubber thing. Hopefully it went to the right address lol

I might need the actual braket though, we'll see.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18RG Gaskets, pistons, carby spacer
Next Topic:auxilary air valve of ae93 sx throttle body
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 13:44:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046699047088623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.