Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
panda_levin86
Regular

May 2002

wiring up fuel pump Tue, 26 July 2005 07:30 Go to next message
Hey guys
I am trying to wire up the fuel pump in my car now.
I have downloaded the wiring downgram for the AE86.
and it shows that the wire for the fuel pump (L/B ) is the one (from the open relay).
But when I test the wire, there seems to be now voltage passing through unless I crank the car... eg. no voltage passing through in the acc etc.

When I done the other conversion on my car, the fuel pump wire would actually give voltage before cranking for about 15 secs....

so if anyone out there who have done this to their AE86 or similar...
Is it normal that the fuel pump wire only get voltage when you crank it??

Thanks heaps
Jim
  Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: wiring up fuel pump Tue, 26 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup it's normal. Well, normal enough anyway. The fuel pump is usually triggered by starter and then by AFM inputs. This topic has been flogged. In future, try doing a search.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: wiring up fuel pump Tue, 26 July 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not normal, there is no such thing as a 4AGE AFM in australia, and if you have one, you have my sympathy.

my car starts immeduiately every time, and i'm not using a circuit opening relay.

my relay is triggered by the "engine running" fuel pump output, and triggers after one or two revolutions of the engine.
panda_levin86
Regular

May 2002

Re: wiring up fuel pump Tue, 26 July 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input guys
I have my fuel pump wired up now.

I have tried searching on this forum, obviously I haven't searched under the right area... my bad.

With all the other cars I have worked on, eg... honda, Nissan...
The fuel pump wire would actually give a signal for about 20 secs in ignition before cranking..
Thats what spun me out this time.

bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: wiring up fuel pump Wed, 27 July 2005 00:34 Go to previous message
Panda: Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Quote:

thats not normal, there is no such thing as a 4AGE AFM in australia, and if you have one, you have my sympathy.

my car starts immeduiately every time, and i'm not using a circuit opening relay.

my relay is triggered by the "engine running" fuel pump output, and triggers after one or two revolutions of the engine.

Blue steel: While I don't dispute what you said about the AFM not being the standard Australian version (How many 4AGE's that people install these days are ADM?) , I fail to see how you have helped here. You say you are not using a circuit open relay, so basically any info you have offered is pretty much worthless to this post without further explanation. Yet in the next sentence you say you are using a relay of some kind. Your motor starts first time every time? Good for you. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 00:35]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:transmission problems with mz20
Next Topic:bigger throttle body 4ag?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 12:50:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.041772842407227 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.