Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 10:28 Go to next message
i'm ghetting my elec dizzy back from the re-graphers today, was wondering what coil you'd reccomend

what is better, oil filled or epoxy, what turn ratio, what primary and secondary resistance ect ect

i have no idea about electronics, cept for how to find bad earths, shane taught me that one Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mallory big fucker like mine. you need to get one to suit your dizzy. theres all diff types of dizzys and coils and it is imperitive you use one suitable. If you find out the modle no of your dizzy i can probly find out a suitable coil?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know the model number of an 18RG elec coil, or maybe a 22R
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant you use one off a 7m or something? (i know that totally goes against what i said above)

I had to use a mallory coil to suit my mallory elec dizzy. It also had to do with that im using the MSD unit that the coil needed to be similar apparently?
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to use a 22R or 21RC(I think) coil.
The coil from some 90's model Magnas is from the saem kind of system.
I take it this is an original 18RGEU elec. dizzy, or a converted 18R one? Either way the answer above is the same.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure if its a genuine of converted, i'll ask witzl

i was actually wanting a higher power coil, does anyone know a direct replacement for the 22r coil
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Thu, 28 July 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally like the Bosch replacement solid coils (the black ones), they seem to do an ok job.
some igniters are picky about the coil they have, but others have a higher current capability and will not die when used with a lower primary resistance coil.

don't go too low a resistance tho, there is really only so uch you can gain from a bigger coil... and going elec is a big part of it...
to be cheap, just grab any coil from toyota elec type... there was a camry? (in the US at least) one that was nice and beefy, transformer type, but i forget which models had it in Aus.. maybe cressida?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Fri, 29 July 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can have the bosch one off my ms85 phil - its pretty sizey. Lol 4m goodness,do they even have an electronic dizzy?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy Fri, 29 July 2005 08:20 Go to previous message
i'll probably take u up on that blake, can i come see u and the supras on the weekend
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 cs probs
Next Topic:Starting problems?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 18:26:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10766410827637 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.