Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 03:37 Go to next message
toyota hiace with a gen III commodore engine, can it be done or has it been done Evil or Very Mad

anyone know of a holden wrecker where i can get 1 or does anyone have a gen 3 v8 for sale or know of someone who does
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF is a Gen3 ?

Is that the current Holden V8 ?

Never heard of the Gen 3 into Hilux, but the Lexus V8 definitely goes in.

Anything can be done if you have enuff $$$.
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the current v8 from the commodre and its wanted for a toyota hice van not hilux
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm never heard of anyone doing it, but it is a very light and compact engine with good power potential. As far as i know they are very expensive to buy, probably the best bet would be at an auction selling commodores that have been rear ended etc.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, sorry didn't see that (Hiace)

Have you tried Google ?

TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any one know of any sorry for this holden forums to chat on to find a commodore engine
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street commodores magazine have a forum and there is heaps of ppl with LS1 on there.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.streetcommodores.com.au
www.ls1.com.au
www.justcommodores.com.au
www.v8commodores.com

There are a few to get you started.

At a guess, you should allow yourself atleast 10g for engine. There is going to be a tonne and a half of work needed to get a Gen3 into a hiace. Not saying it can't be done, but you are going to be shelling out big $$$$ for this little project.

Source a commodore wrecker, commodore shop in Newcastle would be a good start, commania in Sydney may also be able to help you out. But best bet of all, go to a pickles write off auction and see if you can pick up a write off from there. You then get just about every part you would need.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 06:05]

The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would u wanna mix holden with toyota Razz
GEN 3 engines cost a foturne they cost about $4-$5K if not more
a 1JZ with a single turbo willbe better and quicke and cheaper

i put a 2JZ GTE in a toyota dyna ..2tonne truck... no engine problems..but had a very hard time with the box & diff
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Count wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 14:31

why would u wanna mix holden with toyota Razz
GEN 3 engines cost a foturne they cost about $4-$5K if not more
a 1JZ with a single turbo willbe better and quicke and cheaper

i put a 2JZ GTE in a toyota dyna ..2tonne truck... no engine problems..but had a very hard time with the box & diff

Thats odd AFAIK the Dyna gearbox is a close relaive to the R154.
schnitzel
Regular

July 2004
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on what model Hiace, have seen and done 253 and 308's into late 70'2 early 80 models, done a 305 chev into a 90 model, with only real problem being moving alternator into the top of the V to give clearance. But as has been said would of thought a 1uz was a ceaper option.

regards
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1uz will be way too wide i think you'll find.

The ford 302/351s windsors like mine are quite narrow, as are 350 chevs. Ford clevelands are wide though.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a gen 3 is nice engine and can make good power and the ecu is
easily tuned by some experts

just remember with the wiring and ecu it has security which makes it a pain ion the ass

i just did a gen 3 into a ford cobra kit car

very nice job but anyhting u fit into the hiace will be a cunt of a job

air flow meter etc all shit like that have to be fitted somewhere

gen 3 have funny fuel pump setup
u need an adjustable press reg aswell if u dont run the factory holden gen 3 fuel pump

theres alot of shit people dont knoiw about setting these engines up cause the wreckers are dumb fucks and sell them without knowing
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really can't say, but I'd imagine an LS1 wouldn't be impossible to fit in there - might be time for a little measurement!

The wiring etc. can be sorted - places like Castle Auto Electrics that do a lot of LS1 conversions can sell you all the bits you need, even pre-done looms, if you're not the adventurous type.

The AFM is often done away with by people when they get the ECU remapped, it's up to you really.

The fuel system is returnless, like more and more cars use now - basically, the pump is PWM'd to control pressure, and there is no reg/return line.

Many people choose to buy new engines from the US (crate motors! grouse mate! sic!) - ask around, and you may well find this a cost effective option.

Personally, I probably wouldn't put an LS1 into a Hiace, but good luck all the same.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Wed, 03 August 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=68220&start=0&rid=5002&S=e8027929c4d e9af667150476342b4d78
here is a 1977 hi-ace with a V6 VP Commodore with 4lb blower fitted.
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done Thu, 04 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous message
It's been done. I know a fellow who's got one, incidentally his business is just down the road from toyospares- the melbourne folk know where that is. It's usually his work van (mobile injector clean service) but it's knocked out at present. He's got the motor on the stand and baffling himself with piping for a single turbo setup.

I wouldn't do it, but each to their own. At least it sounds tough.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!!
Next Topic:Exhausts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 01:07:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10629320144653 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.