Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 02:32 Go to next message
just a FYI for the ma61 nutes out there

test fitted the 3-core rad (standard tanks) and the au thermo fans in my engine bay
they do fit, with a couple of cm clearance to the assorted pulleys on the front of the 1j.

not ideal, but they do (I've heard) provide excellent cooling.
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats so good about the AU thermos, i have heard ppl rave about them, but they dont look anything special to me Rolling Eyes
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EL falcon thermos are bigger Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AU Series 1 fans suck more air than any other fans.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno shane...those gt4 pair coupled together suck a farrrking lot of air..even through a 65mm thick rad! Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2004 03:33]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My post was actually meant to say they suck better than any other fan from the ford range. I am also to believe from the Holden family aswell.
Popular trick for cars that tow large loads is to fit a trans cooler and fit the AU 1 fans.

Oh and the Falcon fans piss all over the GT4 ones. Dont believe me? Come take a look at my coon Wink
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am thinking in doing it to my 5M-E but I don't know how to get the wires hooked up?

Does anyone know an Idea to get them wired up to the car?

Cheers.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drew a diagram of how to wire up thermos thermally...
Shane how could i believe you? Those babies suck like the mother of mary! Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2004 03:46]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 13:37

Dont believe me? Come take a look at my coon Wink

thats racist Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're great because as shane said they move a *lot* of air, and they're also pretty close to a direct bolt up to the ma61 radator
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 13:47

Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 13:37

Dont believe me? Come take a look at my coon Wink

thats racist Razz

I'm not racist, I just dont like *ac* c**t5! Rolling Eyes
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do they usually go for at wreckers?
or is it a better option to buy *eek* new?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 26 April 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
normally about 230-300 for a set
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Sun, 07 August 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bringing this back from the darkages Smile

Draven I demand pics!

Also does anyone know of any clutch fans that are easy to get that have the same bolt patter as the 1JZ water pump (I'd be happy to use a clutch fan to get it going on the cheap Smile)

Cheers
Wilbo
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Sun, 07 August 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are my photos with the standard MA61 radiator core with a 5M-E. Even though it's a 5M-E look how close the Air Con Pump sits...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/ThermoRadiator/297a7221.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/ThermoRadiator/82a5b989.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/ThermoRadiator/6eab3e87.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/ThermoRadiator/a57f7168.jpg
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Sun, 07 August 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks!
(Dravens for the 1jz goodness would still be good tho!)

Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen AU thermo fans for about $220 new. I currently have a crappy thermofan on my car which is ok during winter, but I think come summer i'll be needing the AU's.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:26

I have seen AU thermo fans for about $220 new. I currently have a crappy thermofan on my car which is ok during winter, but I think come summer i'll be needing the AU's.

I bought mine for AUD$250 and the RRP is AUD$280 and that was bought at the spare parts depot across the road from Broardmedows Assembly plant for the Falcon... So if you can get genuine ones for AUD$220, it's cheaper then getting it from across the road Sad

Cheers.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was what I was quoted... who knows what the prices are now, that was around 1-2 months ago. Might see if I can come up with a more slimline option however, i'd like to re-route some of the intercooler pipework Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1jz looks much similar to the 5m, except for the 1j the clearance issue isn't with the aircon, it's with the water pump. I have possibly 10mm clearance there (note: I have the standard rad triple cored, and also the non-hydraulic pump).
pics when I can be arsed, but it is close Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You lazy goose Greg Razz

OK next question, can someone measure their MA61 radiator core dimensions? (I have a good MZ10 radiator which looks to have a 3 core in it, the top tanks are different, but I am hoping that I can swap the tanks and score a really cheap 3 core...).

I have the MZ10 core dimensions (and I can measure the MA61 when I get to the car again next, but that will be next weekend...and I want to know NOW! hehe). Smile

MZ10 ~650x380 core dimensions

Cheers
Wilbo
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen the AU fans from about $170 new - these are the same brand Ford uses for replacements, not sure if that's a recommendation or not...

The Falcon fans seem to move air reasonably well... for electric fans. They still can't come at all close to a clutch fan for air movement, but no electric fan can. You need to connect them with 2 wires and 2 fuses too, because they're a little bit hungry for power...

Another thing - with clutch fans, don't assume that because they make a lot of noise (i.e. Falcon) they move a lot of air - it most likely means that the pitch on the blades is wrong.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nooo they are the cheapo tawan crap the ford ones cost more but are made by bosch
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid $250 for mine, new with warantee... I don't know how much air they actually move, but it's plenty well enough.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3-core rad + AU thermos do fit an ma61 Mon, 08 August 2005 13:03 Go to previous message
Sure are - but Ford DO use them as replacements...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age **ecu question
Next Topic:conversion 302 into an RA-23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 03:38:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059661865234375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.