Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agze parts/build questions.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Irish
Regular

July 2002

4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 06:57 Go to next message
I have done some research into purchasing forged pistons, cams and injectors but don't seem to be having much luck. The best prices seem to be out of the states (around AU$700 each for both). Can anyone recommend somewhere closer? What cams are people using for a ZE retaining the supercharger? Are the stock conrods up to the task? I don't want to go crazy with the revs and should not exceed 20psi. What injectors are people using and where did they get them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what supercharger or turbo you going to be using???

What power do you think you will make with your setup???

Which GZE engine will you be using small port big port etc??

Are you using an aftermarket ecu???

Stock aw11 GZE pistons and Rods should be good for 200kw atw.

The Stock aw11 GZE injectors should be good for 140kw atw some people say 150kw atw.

GZE Stock aw11 rods should be good for 200kw atw as long as the factory rev limit is retained.

I will be using 540cc injectors for my setup and i plan to use aftermarket cams which are yet to be decided. The rest will be standard GZE rods and pistons...

I plan to make 200rwkw's

edit: the point of my post is why go aftermarket when toyota oem stuff is so good gze pistons are quite cheap

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 07:29]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Injectors: common upsizing includes 440cc (7MGTE), 550cc (13BT), there are others that fit but those are probably the most common used. Suppliers: there are plenty, I got a set of new injectors through my local workshop, I reckon any place thats worth their salt could access what you want. The other option is to get some second handies (forums or importers) and get them cleaned and flow tested.

Cams: Wade are what a guy here is using, his car is getting tuned to day so can't comment on them it's a 4AGTE also. But Wade Cams are local and might be worth chatting to.

The factory forged pistons can be purchased from Toyota (oversized), these are good for 20psi and more Wink Getting these is good value too as they come in at around the $400 mark for a set. Aftermarket???? I do recall ads in the 4 cylinder mags over the years that advertised forged 4A pistons available locally. Head down the newsagent and have a flip through some mags Zoom, Hot 4's etc.

There are a number of people I associate with running around 20psi or more on stock rods and have done so for a long time (year or more) and have not had any failures. We have had one 4AGTE up over 25psi with no probs (factory pistons, stock rods). I have personally never seen or heard of a 4AGZE rod failure, I am sure it has happened but it can't be too common, they are strong looking compared to most factory rods, beefy.

My engine is internally stock as it came from Japan, it sees up to 21psi, and plenty of rpm, no probs at all. It's been doing this for years Very Happy

I read how your engine failed on your trip, I also heard last week of another turbocharged car (not Toyota) have exactly the same sort failure under similar conditions (towing, long period on boost = burnt hole in piston) and it was a stocker.

Good luck with the rebuild, let us know how the whole SC14 thing pans out when you have it sorted Smile

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the GZE stocko slugs should be nice.. if you are worried, get the lower CR ones instead. rods should be ok..

get a sprintex SC too Razz i want someone else to try it first Wink

cams, it depends on what rpm range you want...

if SC, too much overlap will defeat the purpose of the SC down low, too little and it chokes up high....

higher lift is nearly always a good thing Wink
Irish
Regular

July 2002

Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback guys. As mentioned, I have recently suffered a piston failure on the stock semi-forged item and will not be replacing with another factory piston. Forged is the way I will be going. Is it worth oversizing? How far can it be taken out? As for the cam, I don't really want to go crazy with springs etc, so nothing to psycho. I am after top end though. I will contact wade and see what they recomend. I will persevere with the SC14 and will probably go Emanage or something Jacar for injector compensation. I want to go with as small an injector as I can get away with so I will have to do the maths when I get a bit closer and can double confirm lambda measurments. What head gaskets are people using?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Wed, 10 August 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ACL now does forgies for the 4ag and they retail for around $650 with rings! billet cams are around the $750 each toda do good cams. injectors just get 7mgte ones.
mick
Irish
Regular

July 2002

Re: 4agze parts/build questions. Fri, 12 August 2005 11:01 Go to previous message
Thanks Mick. If cams are going to be that expensive I think I will give them a miss. I will try wade first and see what they have to say.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade
Next Topic:Not purely Car related (EPC)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 00:40:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007335901260376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.