Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! Thu, 25 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous message
So yeah, we have decided its time to get a bigger house, we have found one we like and want to keep the house we are in as a rental, anyone done this before? I am not really sure where to start, every direction I can think of going seems like a viscious circle.

Anyway, my thoughts are, borrow against the house we are in, to the maximum we can (for negative gearing?), then use some of that money as a deposit on the new house.

But, how long does this stuff take? can we put money down on the house we want to buy and have them wait till our loans go through?

We both have good jobs and according to the banks little loan calcualotr things, we can afford the loans on both houses, I just don't want to go about this all the wrong way.

anyway, long post, if anyone can offer advice, I would appreciate it, thanks Smile

ps. yeah the new house is huge, going to be a big house warming hehe Smile
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP!  DustThu, 25 August 2005 07:06
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! Corona RT142Thu, 25 August 2005 07:12
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! DustThu, 25 August 2005 07:16
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! Corona RT142Thu, 25 August 2005 07:17
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! WiLoFri, 26 August 2005 12:37
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! Mr DOHCSat, 27 August 2005 08:30
Read Message   Re: Buying a new home, but want to keep this one as a rental- HELP! trevtrevMon, 29 August 2005 00:37
Previous Topic:Obtaining Child custody
Next Topic:Fav Drop?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 22:49:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051419734954834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.