Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mocoson
Occasional Poster

April 2005
diff for my ae71 Wed, 24 August 2005 05:54 Go to next message
dont tell me to search coz i have .and i have had no luck in what i am looking for im after a diff for my high powed ae ke drift car .dont what to cut one down .. i know some one out there knows some thing please help . the diff will be locked
  Send a private message to this user    
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: diff for my ae71 Tue, 30 August 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a search for sprinter diff upgrades and use that info. If your car isnt a wagon then its a direct swap with an ae-86 one
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: diff for my ae71 Tue, 30 August 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is 'high-powered'?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: diff for my ae71 Tue, 30 August 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both hilux G series and corona F series can be found in the width you need (1410-1415mm), no cutting down. Both are tough as nails, but anything can be broken if you have no mechanical sympathy Very Happy

Second hand LSD's will be more plentiful for the hilux diff though, if you're looking for a "cheap" option.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: diff for my ae71 Tue, 30 August 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen to Mr T, fool.

RN4* Hilux is the prime example of a tough as nails diff. 1410mm drum face to drum face, G series centre, teh massive 30-something spline axles... etc etc.

Note: you will need to get the mounts from your stock diff cut off and welded onto the new donor diff, and you will also need your tailshaft either modified, or a custom one made.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: diff for my ae71 Wed, 31 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another consideration is that the majority of hilux diffs have a cumbersome handbrake arrangement that runs behind the diff with bunch of rods & pivots, some hilux's (i believe later model 2wd) have conventional handbrake cables from the front of the drum backing plates.

F series corona diffs have normal handbrake cables, and the whole drum assemblies are interchangeable with T18, AE86 & TA22 drums. I've currently got an F series in my AE71 with T18 drums & handbrake cables, which were the correct length.

Do you plan to just weld the diff centre, or buy a proper spool to lock it? How much power you gonna have? Confused

ae71 kid
Regular

August 2005
Re: diff for my ae71 Wed, 31 August 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an ae71 with a standard diff that has been welded! i drive it everyday and have 4 3 months and its still going strong! i am installing a 2tg soon so this may need something stronger? if u can wait ill let u kno if it breaks!
i doubt it will cosedering i am an experienced welder and literally filled it up with weld! also given the weight of an ae71 is relatively low i think it will b fine
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: diff for my ae71 Wed, 31 August 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock diff will handle a 2tg unless this thing is worked off its tits
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: diff for my ae71 Wed, 31 August 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE71-Kid, its not the strength of the centre i'd be concerned about after welding, its the axles that suffer, being quite thin. Having a light car definately helps, but axle twist is more of a "when" than "if". Good on you though if you've managed to get away with it this far. Maybe you don't take many corners, or have plastic tyres Very Happy

BTW: is your AE71 a sedan or wagon/panelvan?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: diff for my ae71 Wed, 31 August 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 22:15

stock diff will handle a 2tg unless this thing is worked off its tits

dude, it's like... fooly high powered dorifto 4AC Wink

ahh sorry, couldn't help it Wink

with locked diff, get big axles.. thats about it..
and don't be a fuckstain and drive on public roads with the locker.
that is all.
ae71 kid
Regular

August 2005
Re: diff for my ae71 Thu, 01 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers dude, its welded tho, u slill rekon itll hold
ae71 kid
Regular

August 2005
Re: diff for my ae71 Thu, 01 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous message
p.s. im tippin it helps with cross ply tires too, Laughing Laughing they turn to dust rather than mark the black stuff!!
ill worry bout my axles when they break, Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:where to get h/d clutch kit??
Next Topic:Oil filter on 18RG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 18:00:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044929981231689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.