Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  supercharger 2tgeu Thu, 06 February 2003 07:40 Go to next message
heya guys just after some information on what sort of boost levels i could run on a 2tgeu without modification, or would i have to go with and aftermarket computer and some bigger injectors. I know that the 3sge injectors will drop straight into the 2tgeu fuel rail, but they run at a different impendance, will this bother the standard computer or will a aftermarket deffinitly be the go.
thanks
justin
  Send a private message to this user    
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharger 2tgeu Fri, 07 February 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo, the standard 2TGEU injectors barely supply enough fuel to a standard 2TGEU!! if you wanted to supercharge it you would definately need something more than 220cc/min injectors. 3TGTE should be ample, but then thats going from 2.7ohm to 1.8ohm or something like that. the factory computer is 'supposed' to cope with the less impedance, but when i tried it on my setup the injectors wouldn't fire. you can get an external resistor pack for the injectors, but then the standard computer map would be all wrong, hence a lot of re-tuning the idle mixture and AFM. with a supercharger its best to go for something more reliable. aftermarkets the way to go, Tim Frost used a re-programmed delco(camira) running 8psi through his 4agze supercharged 2tgeu, but that also had water injection, intercooled, etc.
I'm toying with trying a 3TGTE computer running a supercharged engine since the computer could handle boost.

BTW according to an injector table thingo i have 3sgte injectors are around 2.9ohm, perfect replacement for the 2tgeu ones.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: supercharger 2tgeu Fri, 07 February 2003 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a couple of sets of 3TGTE injectors available if you head that way!
Clint!
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: supercharger 2tgeu Sat, 08 February 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey clint, how much u want for the 3tgte injectors? im right in the middle of placing a 2tgeu in my t-18 and im in perth as well, could u get me a price asap, thanks

blake
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: supercharger 2tgeu Sat, 08 February 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey clint, how much u want for the 3tgte injectors? im right in the middle of placing a 2tgeu in my t-18 and im in perth as well, could u get me a price asap, thanks

blake
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: supercharger 2tgeu Sat, 08 February 2003 13:40 Go to previous message
Phoenix,
sent you as PM, re 3TGTE injectors
Clint!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much did you spend on your CLUTCH upgrade.
Next Topic:Now THIS is a blower!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 20:56:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.070459127426147 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.